Diablo II LOD - Level 84 Barbarian Stuck on Hell Sarcophagus ... Please Advise

Spongewrench

Diabloii.Net Member

That pretty much sums it up. Under the Dry Hills, level 3, a sarcophagus is just cranking them out faster than my character and mercenary can kill them, ... plus, it does not seem to rack up any experience points for either.

I am considering moving on to the Far Oasis and clearing this later.

LozHinge the Unhinged

Diabloii.Net Member

That pretty much sums it up. Under the Dry Hills, level 3, a sarcophagus is just cranking them out faster than my character and mercenary can kill them, ... plus, it does not seem to rack up any experience points for either.

I am considering moving on to the Far Oasis and clearing this later.
Could be worse, there could be Greater Mummies raising the mummies you do manage to kill.

Spongewrench

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks for the reply, ... there were Hollow Ones and Saber Cats also in the same room, was able to kill them. Every time the sarcophagus is halfway toast, there are too many Mummies.

The Barbarian has not only died in this level more than once, but also has leveled up at least 3 times also.

superdave

Diabloii.Net Member
they have a very high cold resistance and some resistance to poison and physical attacks. i don't think they have any fire resistance. they probably have well over 50000 health in hell.

do you have any crushing blow? maybe a demon limb to enchant yourself? you can get an act 1 merc that shoots fire arrows or an act 3 merc that does inferno or fireball to help.

what gear are you using?

Spongewrench

Diabloii.Net Member
Thank you to superdave and LozHinge for replying. In response, there is an alternative set of gloves with 5% Crushing Blow, an Act 1 Ice Mercenary (that has a Cliffkiller), two legend blades and an espandon. The character is pretty decked, and has armor with 900+ Defense.

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
5% CB isn't really doing much. I suggest something like 50%, e.g. from Guillaume's helm and Goreriders.

You aren't getting XP for the mummies because the challenge is to defeat the sarcophagus and because of game balance. If they gave XP, you could place a weight on your mouse once you have a character who can deal with them, letting him kill mummies for hours and hours and getting lots of undeserved XP. For the same reason, you aren't getting XP for spawned mosters in general, like from blood hawk nests or when killing fallens who have been resurrected, undead that have risen again etc.

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
Yes, or maggot young, like in the older patches.

I usually just leave those sarcophagus for what they are. Not worth it.