Diablo II and LANs

Feceset

Diabloii.Net Member
Diablo II and LANs

I know that the other Blizzard games have a multiplayer option for LANs, but I see that Diablo II doesn't. I was just wondering if there was a way to play D2 via LAN.

I ask this, because I've a friend who just started the game, and I wanted MP with him just to show him a few tricks, and just give him basic advice. The only problem is that he doesn't have internet. So I want to know if there's a way we could MP without internet.

Also, one of the original plans was for me to bring my cmoputer over to his house, and we were going to MP. THat was before I realized there wasn't a LAN feature like from the other BLizzard games.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Tarr

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm pretty sure that the "other multiplayer TCP IP" option works for LAN games, if you input the 192.168.x.x local IP. I'm sure someone will correct me on this if I'm wrong, but I know that you can play on a LAN, a friend of mine and I did this quite a bit.

Feceset

Diabloii.Net Member
Tarr said:
I'm pretty sure that the "other multiplayer TCP IP" option works for LAN games, if you input the 192.168.x.x local IP. I'm sure someone will correct me on this if I'm wrong, but I know that you can play on a LAN, a friend of mine and I did this quite a bit.
I figured it had something to do with that. Thanks, Tarr :thumbsup:

HBeachBabe

Diabloii.Net Member
just select other multiplayer TCP/IP and use the internal IP address, assuming you are on the same LAN or your regular IP if you aren't.