Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Diablo Fan Art Watch #266: The Top 10 Fan Art of 2014

Discussion in 'Fan Creations: Art, Music, Wallpapers, Fiction' started by Holyknight3000, Jan 9, 2015.

1. Holyknight3000

Holyknight3000 D3 Fan Creations Forum Moderator

Holyknight3000 Submitted a news story

Diablo Fan Art Watch #266: The Top 10 Fan Art of 2014

Welcome everyone to the first installment of theDiablo Fan Art Watch in 2015. This week I share with you my top 10 fan art of 2014. This past year had a ton of art from various artists. Covering all aspects of the world and more.

[​IMG]

#10: Eristhe's Shadowthief - This piece of a Fan-class was impressive and I think could have fit with the artwork of the other classes from the game. With that I give this piece my #10 spot in my list.

[​IMG]

Click through for the rest of the top 10, and vote for your favorites as well.

#9: glitchritual's Respite - This piece puts a real world almost cosplay feel when everyone is relaxing and waiting for an event to start in a convention somewhere. The phones were a fantastic touch.

[​IMG]

#8: AtraElegie's Barbarian - This piece just popped for me; the rich colors and unique feel of this piece made it one of my top 10. That hair just made it for me so bright, and so shiny.

[​IMG]

#7: ijur's Wizard - This piece was just so good. The colors and how it popped as the Wizard uses Archon form to wreck the powerful demon behind her.

[​IMG]

#6: r-chie's The Reapers Conflict - This piece shows great detail and gives a feel for all the things happening around Reaper of Souls and how the Angiris Council is around this time.

[​IMG]

#5: me-illuminated's Faith in the Light - This piece shows the crusader as she is clad in the light in the High Heavens. The touch with Tyrael's wings just adds to it. A beautiful piece.

[​IMG]

#4: Shenfeic's Crusader - This piece shows a unique view with Malthael's scythe as part of the frame for the Crusader in this piece as he is running at Malthael with flail fully enchanted with the light.

[​IMG]

#3: ArisT0te's Demon Hunter - This piece shows incredible details of the Demon Hunter as she's coming out of the shadows with all the little details of the light in the eyes to the realistic feeling of her face. Did I also mention the gorgeous designs on the armor and her crossbow?

[​IMG]

#2: 6kart's Fate - This touching piece features Leah when she was a kid with Cain as he researches the end times. With the foreshadowing a shadow of Diablo in the stained glass behind them. Blizzard bring her back...

[​IMG]

#1: tsabszy's The Book of Tal-Rasha - This piece is my best piece of art for 2014. The details on this piece with all of the references to the Act II story of Baal and Tal-Rasha is fantastic. The runes from the Arcane Sanctuary as well as the amazing detail of Baal's face on the cover. All in all this cover art could pass off as the cover for a 3rd Book of in the lore books for the game. So good.

[​IMG]

Click the thumbnail to see a larger version of the image.
    If you enjoy Fan art and want to contribute to this growing community, please stop by the Fan Creations Forum. Many artists visit frequently, posting works in progress looking for feedback and conversation. You don't have to be "arty" to join in. If you have any questions, comments or have some fan art related news on the web please send me a PM and I'll get back to you. Also check out the wiki page for more art from the archives.

[poll id="190"]​
    Continue reading the Original Story

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2015
  2. Mortalo

Mortalo IncGamers Member

You're right with the Top 3, amazing arts.

3. Flux

Flux Administrator

Nice selection, and I'm going to add a vote to the post. I really like the little girl Leah one; poignant.

http://diablo.incgamers.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/11227/title/wizard-frozen-orb/cat/501
    Where was that? It's maybe my favorite fan art ever, at least from pure eye candy appeal of the overall colors and background.

4. fmulder

fmulder Site Contributor

They are all good, but I picked these in the vote: ArisT0te’s Demon Hunter, r-chie’s The Reapers Conflict,ijur’s Wizard

5. Holyknight3000

I had honestly thought about this one as well. I really did like how the whole piece felt.

6. Holyknight3000

yeah the colors here were great especially the robes.

7. rosana404

rosana404 IncGamers Member

pretty cool arts , actually im studying animation and working on timeshare attorney business , feel free to ask something , awesome (Y)