Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Diablo Economy Re-Tooled Suggestion

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by PlayWithHonor, Nov 16, 2006.

1. PlayWithHonor

PlayWithHonor IncGamers Member

Diablo Economy Re-Tooled Suggestion

Gold is supposed to be the currency used but clearly its not. Runes are the closest thing to a common currency. Lets use this fact to our advantage and make the following changes:

1 - Increase gold stash size by alot.
    2 - Allow Runes to be purchased from town merchants for set gold prices. The prices will increase dramatically as you try to buy the higher level runes.
    3 - In addition, your character has to be the appropriate level to purchase the rune. So, if the level requirement of a rune is 27, you'll need to be that level to buy it.
    4 - Not all runes can be bought though... maybe HRs can't be bought outright. To get those, you'll either have to buy lower runes and cube them up, trade for them with other players or find them while adventuring.

This should put Gold back in its rightful place as the primary financial instrument. Even if players continue to trade runes, the runes will have a set value in gold adding clarity to the Diablo marketplace.

2. ispankpigeons

ispankpigeons IncGamers Member

how would you define the rune selling cut-off though?

technically gul-zod are high runes

so you'd be selling what, um and down?

pul and um would be heavy sellers, but all those other runes are very easily found or traded for.

i dont think itd really do anything at all

3. kalvydas

kalvydas IncGamers Member

I think possiblity to by ums and puls for gold (like 1.000.000 or even more) would really destroy all dupers. Its easy to get gold in this game, and cubing runes would allow to get high end rune words with legit runes and items.
    The problem would be non-ladder as you can not cube HR there, but anyway... looks like blizzard do not care about duping or even supports it (with dclone pops)

4. Thoridian

Thoridian IncGamers Member

Id say: after reset remove gold from every character and make monsters drop ALOT LESS gold (like 50-100 gold max). Then make runes up to lets say Pul shopable. Make everything gold dependend...

5. slam

slam IncGamers Member

not many people play and pick up gold. they make money from selling wands/armor etc for 35k a pop.

i like the idea though. I wouldn't go as high as pul in the shops though. i'd go 1 or 2 lower since pul is pretty sought after for upping gear. i can pretty much max the amount of gold i can carry in a couple of days though so i think the solution would indeed be to incraese the amount of gold we can carry, by about 50 fold, and/or reduce the amount we sell things for that normally go for 35k

6. k/t

k/t Banned

Except the point of HRs was that they would be very hard to find. Fight harder against dupers and start taking them to court.

If gold was rare, it would be duped.

7. Thoridian

Oh i forgot to mention... The maximum of gold u can get for selling an item would be like 1k for good magical item, 3k for good rare item and 5k for uniq item... Or smth like that so it would be HARD to get cash...

8. k/t

k/t Banned

And which would then get duped.

9. kalvydas

even if gold gets duped, it wont really hurt, because you can get gold by finding and selling items. Even if you get low amount of gold, still at the end you can come up with huge sum. So after spending -lets say day- you will be able to buy 4-5 puls, and that gives you one HR+. I think one legit!!!! HR a day, would be nice. And if you were too stupid or too lazy to search for gold - then you would be nice income source for dupers

10. Thoridian

*cough* rustorm once per week *cough*

11. Bladewind

Bladewind IncGamers Member

Actually this might help the D2 economy afterall.

The bad ?? With runes more available, elite uniques will be down to the near useless except for some really high end ones... like EDC, Griffons etc.

12. kalvydas

right now most of rw worth less then actual price of runes needed for that rw. And even the elite uniques are quite useless now, so I think basing game on gold would be awesome idea, and it would stop duped D2 economy

13. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

I think that despite it being a crazy-hard thing to balance properly, this could be a good idea - or, even better, make it so that you can gamble runes. It shows a blank stone in the gamble selection (probably right below the rings/ammys), and that rune could cost a million even. It can be any rune out there, though make it scale up so that Zod starts showing as a possibility around clvl 90 - that way a level 99 would have a 100% chance of having Zod available, although it would still be crazy-rare.

14. templecrasher

templecrasher IncGamers Member

That might just be the best one I've heard yet. Combined with weekly ruststorm, it could bring the economy back around.