Diablo clone

Megafusion

Diabloii.Net Member
Diablo clone

Could someone plz explain to me the diablo clone thing, how he appears and how can i get him to appear?? You can also post some link so that i could familiarize myself a bit with this.. Thanks a lot

Evrae Altana

Diabloii.Net Member
He appears after a certain number of SoJs are sold on a particular server. Once enough SoJs are sold, you get the "Diablo walks the Earth message". Once you do, the next superunique monster you encounter will be replaced by DC. When you kill him, he drops a single Annihilus charm.

Gorny

Banned
Go have a look into the Community Forum's Rules & Links thread, there's a guide on that topic in there.

seralph

Diabloii.Net Member
For me it would take 50 years to spawn him once.
So where does this sojs comes from? Beside of duping I see bots wich run classic NM council and meph.
Or look for 150 people all donating one soj let them all get a game on a specifed server and then start selling them.

Esuna

Diabloii.Net Member
You don't need soj's to have him appear. It just randomly says that 1XXX number of soj's being sold to merchant. A friend of mine says you can find him in A5[H] in Frigid Highlands.

Jackson

Diabloii.Net Member
You don't need soj's to have him appear. It just randomly says that 1XXX number of soj's being sold to merchant. A friend of mine says you can find him in A5[H] in Frigid Highlands.

Err... that's not totally true.

Read my link.

The SOJs are all almost all dupes. Don't ask how.

donce

Diabloii.Net Member
I was so lucky one day... I was playing in a pasworded game by myself when i saw a message "diablo walks the earth". I ran to stony field, and there he was. It took me forever to kill him, and if I wasn't in pasworded game I would have never gotten the anni, because there are people who kill him in few seconds, and I'm allways the last one to pick up the drops.....

Frankeinstein

Diabloii.Net Member
So the question still remains (a least in my mind) If I see the message, XXX SOJ sold, he might spawn in my game? Even if I did not sell any SOJ's?

If you had a Anni on you, would he still spawn? I understand you can only carry one at a time so if you were in a game he spawned in, you could not pick it up anyway. Is that true?

How about if you had an unid anni on you or in your stash, could you pick up a second one? or is that considered a BOT kind of thing?

I have seen that message in games from time to time but never seen him spawn.

Jackson

Diabloii.Net Member
If I see the message, XXX SOJ sold, he might spawn in my game? Even if I did not sell any SOJ's?

Yes. You just need to be in a hell game.

If you had a Anni on you, would he still spawn?
Yes. If you have one, it's best to get someone else to pick it up.
An unided anni is still an anni. So best to have a friend help you.

Megafusion

Diabloii.Net Member
hmmm, another alternative to picking it up, is drop the one u have somewhere in town, get the unid one, drop uni pick up ur original one, leave game, come back and take the unid one with a dif char.. Though u would have to have to be in the game for like 10 min, just to make sure, that the game "exsists"

Esuna

Diabloii.Net Member
5minutes is usually long enough to have the game being permed, and by the time he appears and you had him killed, I am sure that at least ten minutes within that duration had passed already.

Megafusion

Diabloii.Net Member
yeah, but i still dont understand how ppl sometimes get like 5to 10 annis in a day from d2 clones, thats like impossible. Unless, they do uber trist runs. U can get anni from uber d in uber trist right??

psych

Diabloii.Net Member
In uber trist you find the hellfire charm

Anni can only be found from diabloclone, ppl that find 5-10 of them use multiple accounts I would say

Frankeinstein

Diabloii.Net Member
If I see the message, XXX SOJ sold, he might spawn in my game? Even if I did not sell any SOJ's?

Yes. You just need to be in a hell game.

If you had a Anni on you, would he still spawn?
Yes. If you have one, it's best to get someone else to pick it up.
An unided anni is still an anni. So best to have a friend help you.
That's cool. So then I have a 1-150 chance of having him spawn in my game? Correct... Does anyone one else know if he spawns in my game if that were to happen?
Is there an amount of time that goes by that I would have to wait to know if he will spawn or not?

It always seems I get the SOJ message late at night just before turning in...:rant:

psych

Diabloii.Net Member
Yes, the soj message always means someone has sold a soj on your server.

Now usually (at least on the EU realm) sojs are amassed by a group of ppl that make games on the right IP etc. so that they will be sure to get an anni back, then sold within a few minutes to spawn the diabloclone.

Once every so often someone will sell a soj for a "strange" reason (who knows why). Then you will see the counter, but nothing much will happen.

zeskelnec

Diabloii.Net Member
Blizard is somehow paradoxal: They really push people to dupe Soj . Why?
Who would dare to sell huge amount of selffound SoJs even in groups of players to trigger DC's spawn, knowing that in the end only one Anni is available per game. That would render each Anni inaccessible with legits..
It is the same with HR, they would certainly avoid duping if the odd to drop HRs was better.

To come back to DC hunt, I was in a normal game and saw the "Soj "message, I guess that exiting and opening a hell game will not automatically give the right IP ?
I am wondering about that because, when you see the list of games to join, they are listed more or less as same groups, changing upon baalrun /diaruns names 00x. Does this mean you are linked to a same server for a "long" time?