Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Diablo Clone with Skellymancer

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by EveryUsernameistaken, May 13, 2005.

1. EveryUsernameistaken

EveryUsernameistaken IncGamers Member

Diablo Clone with Skellymancer

Hi everybody... I'm new here, and have just more or less finished my Skellymancer, based on the Fishymancers guide.

A while ago I started wondering if a skellymancer could take on the DC. I hear he's pretty vulnerable to physical attacks..so I thought it might work. But on the other hand,.. I remember some rough times I had with hell Diablo. But then again, I maxed out summon resist since then.

Could anyone tell me about experiences they had with DC? Should I go for it on my own when he spawns? Or should I call in some help?

Oh... and another, maybe some naieve question, does DC drop more than one anni? Like quest-monsters do, when there are more players?

Edit:

BTW I use Full Trang, and some other summoning bonusses, so skellies and skellymastery are maxed.

Thanks for your replies!

2. RetroStar

RetroStar IncGamers Member

You'll probably need help with a summoner using Trang oul.

He only drops one anni so be sure to grab it quick.

Get a lot of CB on your summons so use a IK Maul for Iron Golem and revive those chaps that give CB. (forgot which ones)

3. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

Ya Hone Sundan Yari gives 40% cb and eth Obedience runeword likewise with huge dmg :p Revives with cb would be Urdars and Maulers hehe. Hmm have not personally taken on DC with summoner but clay+deceprify should work as well as IK IG i think :p Every once dmg counts with DC i guess so you could FW/Meteor him too with full trangs :D

4. Gix

Gix IncGamers Member

He'll be taking like 1 damage with 95% fire resistance. :p

5. goofycaca

goofycaca IncGamers Member

This question has been posed in the past and I do not believe that I have heard anybody say they have beaten DC with a skelly or summonmancer. People usually call in help or switch to another character type. The only time that I've ever seen DC with my summoner, he killed me before I even knew he was there.

6. xeyloderixed

xeyloderixed IncGamers Member

people have actually posted bout necs killing dc in the hc forums, two i can remember off hand.

one was with a beast summoner, can't remember gear/merc layout

other was revived urdars

personally i think the revives are a bit faster. couple with a cb merc of course (i'd go with obedience/4 ias armor/andy's hat)

7. cotton

cotton IncGamers Member

I would not want to take on the dclone with my skelemancer, and I think he's pretty well built. The physical damage builds you refer to that have success with dclone usually are based around crushing blow, which is not available to your skeles. To put it on a merc would be a though, but my merc, with decent gear, lasts about 4 seconds against uber d.

The successful strategies I have heard about are to 1--use cb (which is what I have done with a frost zealot, and beat him down pretty easily both times I've seen him,) 2--use magic damage, such as a hammerdin or bone necro, or 3--use something that dramatically lowers his massive resistances, such as a cold sorc with lots of cold mastery or a poison necro with lower resists and some facets, although I haven't really heard of anybody doing this. Otherwise, his extreme resists to elemental and normal physical damage make it almost impossible to put a dint in him, and he is dishing out some serious harm of his own.

8. EveryUsernameistaken

EveryUsernameistaken IncGamers Member

Allright... Thanks for the tips and comments everybody!...

I think I will call in some help of friends when I come face to face with DC :D

9. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Welcome Newcomer to The Darkness. Grab a brew :drink: and feel free to raise some corpses.

Do a search for things like "dclone", "diablo clone" and "uber diablo". It should give you a few strategies.

10. cfs scoman

cfs scoman IncGamers Member

I had no problem taking down dclone with my commandomancer using beast

Didn't even use any revives other than a few zombies from the area (stoney field), though getting some urdars or equipping my merc with some cb would've probably made it go much quicker

Then again I've got pretty sick gear. I had might, thorns, fanaticism and BO on my minions...with RS and SM both in the upper 30s and -50% physical resist from decrep it ended quickly enough. My merc also uses ariocs which has PMH.

With decrep and clay golem dclone was charging around backwards which was pretty funny

11. distancepieman

distancepieman IncGamers Member

Sorry to burst your bubble, but it doesn't work on a merc.

On-topic, I've fought dclone 3 times now, and 2 of the 3 I've finished him off with my summoner. (Came in with sorc, lower resisted, static a couple times and he's down to half)

~Bails

12. cfs scoman

cfs scoman IncGamers Member

that sucks
    good to know though thanks

I think poison skelly mages PMH though when they poison right? That may have helped too, though he certainly killed my weak mages a lot.

13. bluedragoon

bluedragoon IncGamers Member

mayb u should wear a natures peace ring, proly helps if ur mages are weak like mine. What would u expect from one point :)

14. Beneathnoise

Beneathnoise IncGamers Member

IIRC, nature's peace rings also prevent you from using monsters corpses.

(no first hand experience, i read it in the fishymancer guide)

15. ebyworx

ebyworx IncGamers Member

PMH or Ariocs + to skills doesn't work?

16. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

PMH doesn't work with Mercs. When you give a weapon with PMH to a Merc the mod will never kick in. Better use a Poison Mage if you want some PMH.

17. distancepieman

distancepieman IncGamers Member

The plus skills do work though, just not the PMH. I just shopped for something with PMH on it (it was a throwing axe or something) and chucked a bunch (like...40, as i had no attack rating really) at him until I hit.

~Bails

18. ebyworx

ebyworx IncGamers Member

ty both for the speedy replies