Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Diablo Clone changed ?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by SkyFighter, Feb 11, 2004.

1. SkyFighter

SkyFighter IncGamers Member

Diablo Clone changed ?

Well I am not sure, but within the last week I was 2 times lucky enough to be in a hell game when the SoJ sold to merchant counter started. The conter went up 3 or 4 times, than nothing anymore. First game I waited 8+ hours before I gave up. Today right away on my first run it happend again, counter moved from 1002 up to 1015 pretty fast, than again, nothing anymore. It's not that long since I play D2 again but from what I have heard from others theres usally a big chance that he walks the earth once the counter started. So am I just unlucky or has there something changed ?

Sky

2. spiderman2k9

spiderman2k9 Banned

nah nothing changed.. just gotta be more patient.

usually it takes around 100 sojs to be sold to trigger him, but no one knows exactly how many.

3. SkyFighter

SkyFighter IncGamers Member

More patiance than 8+ hours ? bah lol :)

I guess im better off to collect some stuff and trade it to one of those guys that collect 7 or 8 annis in a weekend. However they do that.

Btw I really doubt that anyone is goin to sell hundred or more SoJs to get the event started. If it has even anything to do with sold SoJs its maybe some sort of trigger but sure not more. Just my 2c.

4. chubbypuppy

chubbypuppy IncGamers Member

My worthless guess

My worthless guess is that the # displayed is the # of games that the clone has spawned in. The programmers just used "SOJs sold" message as a lark.

5. Wolv

Wolv IncGamers Member

The economy is starting to get flooded w/ annis, esp since U can't hoard them. I've seen em going cheap in the trade forum....better off spending time there than sittin in a game hopin for a spawn

6. Zenkat

Zenkat IncGamers Member

Its pretty simple. The duped soj on non-ladder are running out, and its becoming increasingly harder to spawn him when they want to. They were right all along, when the soj runs out, the DC is going to stop showing up. Glad i got a few anni out of it, but of course im out of luck if the new season starts.

7. tintrail

tintrail IncGamers Member

what i dont understand is why the people who duped sojs before would not dupe them again? it seems that this thime around they have an incentive to dupe them - i.e. the reward of an anni charm. maybe the cannot dupe anymore? :scratch: :lol: doesn't seem likely though.