Diablo 3

Drystan

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Diablo 3

Awwww - what happens to D2. :grin:

I wasn't checking the news/speculation threads for detail because I knew time would tell. :wink:

Neksja

Diabloii.Net Member

If I can't make lvl99er and finish grail before D3 comes (and I don't believe 100% yet for d3) I'll boycott Blizzard!

:whistling:

edit.

Forgot to mention, if it's mmorpg, I'mm 99% sure I'll pass.

Last edited:

Drystan

Diabloii.Net Member

I agree - I know the moderators of a different forum (non-D2) played a big joke on everyone. Arguments for believing what they said is that they were moderators, well-respected, and wouldn't do that, and they apparently have inside information as well. :scratchchin:
But it's still exciting. Just hope it won't be a mmorpg or anything. It'll still just be a upcoming project - probably not even a release date or anything.

Thanks for the update though LD50! :thumbsup:

ioupainmax

Diabloii.Net Member

Yes! Thanks very much for the update. Personally I wouldn't mind if it was a joke at all, I think there will still be a long wait whatever info is released, as you said Drystan, there probably won't be a release date. I think some of the comments in that thread were a *little* bit silly!

Smips

Diabloii.Net Member

Well, that'd be one nasty joke! I can't wait for Saturday when they announce whatever game it is their planning. As long as it isn't an MMORPG, I like it...Hell, if it isn't D3, maybe they've realized that they ruined Warcraft and make a new RTS...:wink:

DarkChaos

Diabloii.Net Member

Until Blizzard confirms it, I won't believe it. Maybe it will be an entirely new franchise, although I doubt they'd risk that. I do suppose it's about time for D3 - it sure will be hard for heads like me to decide between SC2 and D3 though.

bassano

Diabloii.Net Member

Now I have some unfinished targets in D2 (grail,enigma and lvl99 lightsorc) so Diablo 3 for me does not exist even if some peoples can have CD with it :grin:

Joosh

Diabloii.Net Member

Until Blizzard confirms it, I won't believe it. Maybe it will be an entirely new franchise, although I doubt they'd risk that. I do suppose it's about time for D3 - it sure will be hard for heads like me to decide between SC2 and D3 though.
I completely agree with DC here, I have read a lot on the situation and although there's more proof now than there ever has been, I still choose to remain skeptical, even if it is just so I don't get let down.

Either way SC2 is coming and that should prove to be a fantastic game, I just hope that if D3 does get announced it remains the same game it is now (in essence), a movement to MMORPG would make blizzard a lot of money, but also lose a hell of a lot of fans.

Here's hoping...

Joosh :thumbsup:

Jcakes

Diabloii.Net Member

I don't think they would make Diablo MMORPG, as then it would be a direct competitor to WoW. Ideally (if they were to announce D3) they would make it as different from WoW as possible so as to attract a different demographic, part of doing that would be to continue with a similar formula to D1 & D2 as they already have a decent fan base for that style of game.

This is all speculation though and who knows what a company like blizzard will do.

Nightfish

Diabloii.Net Member

Well, I'll wait and see what's planned for D3 before I get all excited. Odds are that it's gonna be focused on multiplayer even more, personally I would not be surprised if it were to be an MMO.

As for that being a competitor to WoW... WoW is old. The graphics are far from top notch these days and a lot of people put great store in having fancy graphics. There are new MMOs being released every couple months and I doubt blizzard would wait to develop a new one until the last guy has quit WoW.

Either way, I hope D3 will be good and not another one of these hyped up games that turn out to suck.

Hitman

Diabloii.Net Member

Either way, whether it's true or not. Or if it sucks or is Game of the year, I can always fall back on D2.

Sessily

Diabloii.Net Member

If it's one company you can trust to deliver quality games and quality support for their games it's Blizzard. So I wouldn't worry too much about it not living up to its hype.

Unless it's an MMO. Then all bets are off.

TheReadMenace

Diabloii.Net Member

I would think that most everyone who frequents the SPF would be upset if D3 was announced as an MMO. I, too, fall under that catergory. I've never even seen WoW in action 'cuz I'm completely against having to pay monthly fees to play a game I've already purchased.

I've already got alarm clockS (!) set to wake up to see the final splash and to check news after their press conference. Trying not to get too excited. So right now, I'm chillin' and playing my already beloved D2. :coffee: