Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Diablo 3

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Aucon, May 5, 2005.

1. Aucon

Aucon IncGamers Member

Diablo 3

This is a real quick one while I am on break at work. :)
    I think it would be cool in Diablo three to have an "Apprentice". This would be a subordinate like a Merc but instead would be a Henchman with an actual character class like Sorc, Barb, Necro etc. They would be lower level than you but you could choose thier skills, atts, etc. This would help in Nightmare and Hell dealing with immunes and the Unique Bosses.
    Later
    Aucon

2. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

Sounds cool! It looks more and more likely that Diablo III will be announced soon...That would be most awesome! Only drawback would be that StarCraft 2 is a long way off.

3. Starving_Poet

Starving_Poet IncGamers Member

Curse Mastery, that's all I ask. :clap:

4. Nacaa

Nacaa IncGamers Member

Really cool idea! I would really like to see this. Would be an achievement to get the AI to work in a good way though.

5. Sint Nikolaas

Sint Nikolaas IncGamers Member

It's a really nice idea.. :) the only problem I see with it that the apprentice would be following you around.. so it could only be learning your skills. So if you're a blizzard sorc your apprentice would be one too, you can't teach her lightning because you don't know it yourself. Other than that it's a neat plan!

6. ToastedTacoGuy

ToastedTacoGuy IncGamers Member

something that has bothered me with d2 was that all classes were gender specific. in almost all other rpgs you can choose any gender for any class, i would really like this for diablo3. it would also be sweet if character developement was a little more in depth, such as having to train in weapon typs by actually using them, and doing so would net more AR and maybe slightly more damage.

7. TenYearsGone

TenYearsGone IncGamers Member

How 'bout this. Mercs can move between characters as long as their clvl is within a certain lvl of yours, say +-5. Then you can play a certain act with a Might Merc and another Act with a Holy Freeze Merc and not have to worry about re-leveling and re-equiping the Merc.

And for the gender - I'm sure D3 will have it. It was probably more of a graphical liability before (remember the game is old). But how about making it matter. Men might have more strength and speed and women would have more Mana, dex or general spell casting abilities. Then as we look for those challenging build that we'll try in 2009, it would be an accomplishment to finish a female melee sorc moreso than a male one.

And the biggest thing on my wish list. ATMA built in. The unlimited stash for the grailer in you. Hell, even if it had a step up function, I'd take it. For example, for every character that beats Baal (or his equivalent), your stash can hold 20 new items. Or evey characters first kill of an act boss can hold 5 new items! Ooooo - the more I think of it the more I likes this idea.

8. corax

corax IncGamers Member

i want a man sorceress :D or a manzon. with the same outfit :rolleyes:

9. skunkbelly

skunkbelly IncGamers Member

Well, while we're wishing... I'd like the character appearance to be based on stats. So if you had high strength, you'd be more pumped up, etc.

Really, I just want to make sure I don't have to pay to play every month... I want a single player game to still be a possibility.

10. Ropelie

Ropelie IncGamers Member

Has anybody looked at Guild Wars? My friend just bought it and I'm going to check it out soon. Apparently it was made by the creators of D1 and D2...

11. farting bob

farting bob Banned

guild wars had some of the old blizz north staff working on it yes. Apparently its one of the closest games to D2 out there, and although its all online, its free once you buy the game, no rip off subscription like WoW.
    As for me, i put in a new HDD but it doesnt recognise it (i set the jumper to the right thing, after i lost my Cd drives making that mistake before)
    The problem is at the moment i have 3 HDD's in. the first one with system files on, my second one, and my new one, which will replace my second drive. But i need to install all 3 so i can copy my stuff across, then remove the old one, but alas, me cannot get damn XP to find it, even though in the system files it says its there and there's nothing wrong with it.
    As for D2, about to play my jailkeeper necro.

12. Quickdeath

Quickdeath IncGamers Member

One suggestion for Diablo3. How about activating all thosoe other slots on the mercenaries? Why not let them wear an amulet, two rings, boots, etc?

13. farting bob

farting bob Banned

Because then your merc would be a unstoppable killing machine?

14. LeorictheDark

LeorictheDark IncGamers Member

Check your drive letters and make sure its formated correctly. ;) Like the new Tar. :cool:

on topic: I would like to see different animations for different weapons (ie dual bladed weapons swung back and forth while single bladed weapons are only swung in one direction.) and more than 1 animation for them also. And zons could hold their bows gangsta style. :rolleyes:
    I like the apprentice merc idea but I think more practical would be to give your merc skills with points you can distribute.
    oh..oh..oh.. and character specific crafting so you could make an ammy imbued with certain properties with your Sorc then hand it off to a Barb who could add properties. and... and... and...

15. Derrick1001

Derrick1001 IncGamers Member

It sounds like you guys are asking for another expansion, not a whole new game.

:lol:

16. jrlafrance

jrlafrance IncGamers Member

Along these same lines, how about different graphics for the mercs? They look the same, no matter what weapon or armors they have on. :(

17. farting bob

farting bob Banned

How about Diablo 2: LOP - Lord Of Porridge?
    Anyway, windows doesnt rcognise the dive at all, it doesnt show up on explorer, doesnt do anything special on start up, but the Pc knows it there, but it aint letting me use the bugger.

18. Serdash

Serdash IncGamers Member

Guh. This is worthless.

I'm sick of hearing people talk about Diablo 3.

Screw Diablo 3!

You guys aren't optimistic enough.

We should talk about Diablo Four

And yes. Instead of Diablo 4 or Diablo IV, they would spell it out as Diablo Four. Just to be leet like that.

Diablo Four: Lord of the Dance

Yes... yes... it's all coming together very nicely.

19. corax

corax IncGamers Member

20. Serdash

Serdash IncGamers Member

Pshaw.

They won't make that game.

The sheer mention of Durf just scares people away from buying things.

I've tried it.

Trust me.