Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Diablo 3 Supported Video Cards

Discussion in 'Tech Support for Diablo 3, Battle.Net & Systems' started by Flux, Sep 7, 2011.

1. bucho diablo

bucho diablo Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Diablo 3 Supported Video Cards

hi people
    can you please help me...i have amd phenom II X2 550 on 3.1 GHz, 4GB of RAM and hope to buy hd 7750 ultimate...this card should be stronger than 6750...will hd 7750 ultimate be enough to play D3 on high?

2. Diab

Diab Diabloii.Net Member

Yes, definitely. You'll be able to run almost anything on high settings with that. ;)

3. Tilitoon

Tilitoon Diabloii.Net Member

Yea you should be able to max out DIII with the 7750. However I must ask if there is a particular reason you want that video card ? Do you need absolute silence ? Because for about the same price you can get a 6850, which is much faster.

4. BaronScarpia

BaronScarpia Diabloii.Net Member

Well... About that... I can't open my PC because of store extended warrant (there are seals on the lids of PC to prevent that), so I tried to look on the manual for specs. You know that advice "always place your electronics' docs. on a folder"? Well, looks like I lost the entire folder, and my extended warrant :). I'll wait til weekend to confirm that (looked almost everywhere, but not everywhere), before opening the PC.

About Radeon: they're a little hard to find around here (there's a nvidia thing in town...), probably I would have to order one.

Anyway, I'll reach the store tommorow and try to find out more about the PSU...

Thx everyone!

5. Diab

Diab Diabloii.Net Member

If it's a name brand pre-built PC (HP, Gateway, Dell, etc), just find the model number and either post it here or go to the brand's website and find it there. You should be able to find all the specs, manual, and warranty that way.

6. bucho diablo

that's great...thank you :)

7. bucho diablo

thank you for your answer and yes i agree with you that "for about the same price you can get a 6850"...it's killing me to consider 7750 over 6850 but when i watch a movie (on TV through PC) or something like that or doing anything on my pc other than playing games, the sound of my gt240 is terrible...when i play games it's not important because i'm playing or i can put headphones...so you see i have a bed exp. with decibels :) other than that i know i won't get absolute silence because if i buy 7750 i'll have to buy some tower cooling also...i don't know...i would be a lot smarter if i could hear the sound of 6850 and i would buy it if it isn't that much noise

8. Tilitoon

That's all good, if you are aware of your options and you prefer a more silent PC I think your choice is absolutely good. I've bought one of these Sapphire passive cooling card before and it's a nice piece of art. If you want silent fans, you might want to check out for Noctuas, they are already quiet but they also come with inline adapters for slow, and very slow speeds, which makes the fan almost inaudible. I also like the low RPM version of the Gentle Typhoon.

9. bucho diablo

thanks Tilitoon for the advice :) i'll think about it a little bit more...have time till 15.05. :)

10. goldenheart

goldenheart Diabloii.Net Member

Hello guys,

Diablo is the game I 've been playing most and I am pretty excited about the incoming release. I am planning to buy it but before doing this I would like to verify that my laptop (it is not a gaming laptop) is meeting the minimum system requirements.

I am writing you because I cannot find my video card in the list, i.e. neither in the supported cards nor in the not-supported cards.
    I am running Intel Core i7 2.66 Ghz, 8 GB Ram, NVIDIA Quadro FX 880M. What do you think?

Thanks in advance

11. Tilitoon

You can check out this thread as a basic reference.
    From what I see, the FX 880M should allow you to play at least on medium.

12. goldenheart

goldenheart Diabloii.Net Member

Thanks a lot.

13. kemo

kemo Diabloii.Net Member

How does GT 550M, GT 630M and 610M hold up against eachother? I presume they can all run D3 comfortably.
    And whats the difference between the GT and non-GT cards? These 3 digit numbers ending in a M is a bit confusing to me

14. Tilitoon

Yea NVidia has a tendency to makes things confusing with their product models (especially with those GT, GTX, GS, etc...).

GT 550M and GT 630M should be pretty similar
    the 610M is slower.

There might be a few versions of these GPU though, meaning they won't be clocked to the same speeds from one laptop to another, therefore performance may vary. Not sure if you can run much better than low setting with the 610M, but with the other two you should be fine on medium.

15. kemo

kemo Diabloii.Net Member

How does GT 540M fare? Would like to run on Medium.

16. Tilitoon

Yes, the GT 540M should be fine for medium at least, maybe high (when there aren't too many monsters on the screen).

17. DaGoose

DaGoose Diabloii.Net Member

Playing at 2560x1600 at all High settings on a ATI 4670 with some lag (24-28 fps steady until fights then teens), but not too bad. Has 8GB ram and a E3110 at 3.6ghz.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2012
  18. Cappy

Cappy Diabloii.Net Member

How about the NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M? Or the 550? Is there any noticeable difference?
    I looked up the benchmarks, but that's all greek to me!

19. Tilitoon

I guess you aren't greek then ? 550 should be able to handle High setting but probably not much over 45 fps. Still, for the price, it's pretty much the best you can get for a laptop without going to the Asus / MSI high end gaming laptops.

20. LiftedUp

LiftedUp Diablo: IncGamers Member

For those with (or wondering about) the GeForce GTX 460m: I ran beta high in 16:9 with zero stuttering and no observable ill-effects. 6 gigs of RAM, cpu at 1.87ghz and 4 gigs dedicated VRAM. This laptop's about two years old.