Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Diablo 3 should have had a monthly fee

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Polkiousness, May 27, 2012.

1. JimBobJr

JimBobJr Diabloii.Net Member

They don't even have my money for the game now.

2. TarnishedHope

TarnishedHope Diabloii.Net Member

I agree in one thing.

Without some kind of monetary incentive or a way for players to actually penalize Blizzard post-purchase, Blizzard has zero incentive to act. And problem being, Blizzard, of late, has not hold a track record of doing ANYTHING that doesn't get them paid.

That is all.

3. nasarius

nasarius Diabloii.Net Member

They've got two expansions in the pipeline. That's the incentive. They need to fix things fairly soon to keep people interested and wanting to buy that first expansion in a year or two.

4. diabloplayer45

diabloplayer45 Banned

We have our rights as demanding gamers to demand a good product from a big company like Blizzard.

However if Blizzard chooses to meet this demand is a different conversation.

5. Murtaugh

Murtaugh Diabloii.Net Member

A child has the "right" (a big mouth and a case of unwarranted self-importance) to "demand" (throw a tantrum) for candy and toys at the check-out, too.

What you have is an opinion, and nothing more. A "good" game is relative, in any case.

6. Killafornia

Killafornia Diabloii.Net Member

Relative to what? When a game has been in development for 7 plus years then they release it and say "Now the true class balancing begins." Personally I feel I can look at that and objectively say that it is bad design.

Edit: Relative to any other game company they wouldn't get away with it and neither should Blizzard.

7. Murtaugh

Murtaugh Diabloii.Net Member

They're not "getting away" with anything. Every game in creation has bugs, balancing issues, etc when released. That's what patches are for.

If you think that it's possible to fully balance classes before the release of a game of this scale, with this many insightful, skilled, and innovative players, you're more of an imbecile than I had already assumed you to be.

8. Prokofiova

Prokofiova Diabloii.Net Member

I will never play a game with a subscription fee ever again because it makes me feel like I HAVE to play, otherwise I feel like I'm wasting my money. That's not a carrot on a stick. That's a spear in my back and it's not fun. It's one of the sources of burnout.

9. svidikus

svidikus Diabloii.Net Member

Why do people like to give their money away?

10. SteveG

SteveG Diabloii.Net Member

Diablo 3 should have had a monthly fee, that way it would have had an appropriate level of depth. As it stands right now, D3 is a mediocre action game.

11. saint_of_killers

saint_of_killers Diablo: IncGamers Member

...that doesn't make sense. So single-purchase games should have the same level of depth as a single-purchase + monthly subscription game?

Resident Evil 6 should have the same content quantity and depth that WoW has? Max Payne 3 should have the same depth as EVE? Ok. Looks like you should start a new revolution in the gaming industry.

12. Capt Goodman

Capt Goodman Diabloii.Net Member

Or why can't we have both. $5 a month, and the current model, simultaneously. The $5/month buys you an extra tab or two of stash, increased auction counts (maybe 20-30 instead of 10), and potentially reduced crafting costs (iffy on this one). That way if you really wanted to vote with your wallet, you could, and Bobby gets to keep his money furnace burning hot.