Season Five goes out with surprise ban waves and community joy, Patch 2.4 pros and cons, plus controversy as the Diablo 3 team continues to shrink... Featuring Tyr, N3rdwards, and Flux.
Click through for full show notes and segment start times.
Diablo 3 Podcast #205: Ban Waves and D3 Shrinkage
- 2:30 -- End of Season 5 push for the leaderboard... or not. Seasons are too long, too short, or just right, now that it's so easy to get into end game and geared up?
- 13:00 -- Brainstorming patch concepts to make Flux happy? (Fail.)
- 15:00 -- Ban waves consume botters. Too little too late, or inspiring? Should it hit earlier in the season? Raises expectations unrealistically? Deterrent factor to pay legit play forward?
- 34:00 -- Blizzcon 2016 date announced.
- 35:30 -- Patch 2.4. Lots less new gear than recent patches, but still some impactful play/build changes? Lack of new items is intentional or just lack of devs/ideas?
- 50:30 -- Cosmetic items in Patch 2.4. Excite?
- 58:50 -- Diablo 3 team shrinking. John Yang, Don Vu, Leonard Boyarsky and others have left. D3 development finished? D4 art hirings show progress just getting started? #NeverDiablo4 coming soon?
The Diablo 3 Podcast Episode Guide in DiabloWiki.net provides links to every show, plus quick summaries.
- Listen and subscribe through iTunes.
- View video versions of all The Diablo Podcasts on You Tube, via our all-encompassing Diablo3Inc channel.
- Get the Podcast RSS feed