The hiatus has ended and The Diablo Podcast returns with a brand new show! Conversation covers Season 4 developments, Monk superiority, runaway botting, solo play irrelevance, the D3-disappointment that is Blizzcon 2015, and much more. Featuring N3rdwards, Muggs, and Flux.
As per usual, the podcast is available exclusively to our site Pals for the first 24 hours. Pals may view it via this thread in the Pal forum, and if you're not already a site supporter, get instant podcast access plus other perks merely by supporting the site to the tune of a few bucks a month.
The Diablo 3 Podcast will return next week with another new show, and regular site content updates should resume as well. Click through for full details about the content of this week's podcast.
Diablo 3 Podcast #189: Botting and Blizzcon '15 Dismay
- 0:50 -- Recent play stories and Season 4 anecdotes. Nerdwards still Wizarding, Muggs with 4 Monks and pushing P1000.
- 4:40 -- Class imbalance in S4. Best party = 3 Monks + 1 Barb. No need for class equality?
- 9:00 -- Party play required for any chance at competitive experience gain. 150 billion in 4p vs. 3 billion solo. Why such a broken system? Paragon system creates an inevitable EXP focus?
- 20:00 -- Massive lag bugs this season. Game-breaking for Hardcore?
- 24:00 -- Flux explains his hiatus (real life massive work) and reflects how every bug and issue from PTR 2 months ago is now dominating the Season.
- 27:00 -- Class variety in S4. Where are the Crusaders, Wizards, and Demon Hunters?
- 40:00 -- Party co-op pushing players into pre-set roles. More fun for MP or limiting in roles?
- 45:00 -- Botting ruining D3. The fansite open letter to Blizzard will earn a response? Why does Blizzard host admitted botters on "Play Your Way" and promote botting streamers?
- 57:10 -- Blizzcon 2015 and Diablo 3's phone booth display + 1 panel. Slaughtered Hopes Inn?
- 1:03:00 -- Strategy simplified by watching streamers do OP things. Cookie Cutterism rules.
- 1:13:00 -- Plans for the rest of the season. N3rdwards joining the Monk bandwagon? Flux sees no reason to try and jump back in now.