Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Diablo 3 Podcast #188: S4 + Dev Chat Postmortem

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Flux, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Flux

Flux Administrator

Season Four is going strong, but are our panelists? Plus postmortem analysis of last week's Diablo 3 developer chat: EXP Wars! MP vs. SP vs. botting, Season Journey appreciation, Hardcore grows too easy, and Skovos D3X2 hints? Featuring N3rdwards, Empty1, and Flux.

Diablo 3 Podcast #188: S4 + Dev Chat Postmortem

• 0:30 -- Intro and Season 4 progress so far. Both guests have had busy to keep them from their rightful P500. How does Kanai's Cube change the leveling progress?
    • 8:00 -- Season Journey: cool or nubsauce?
    • 16:00 -- Sets dominate the item game now. Pros and cons to only gearing around 6p green collections? Harder to find now that there are so many sets per class?
    • 31:00 -- Single player vs. Multiplayer. Why does Blizzard want solo play to feel like a waste of time?
    • 38:00 -- Why doesn't Blizzard ban botters anymore? Making the top Paragon ranks entirely cheaters?
    • 49:30 -- Torment difficulty scaling. Is T10 worth it for anything other than Infernal Machines/Ubers?
    • 1:03:00 -- UI inadequate buff display. Why not fix it quickly while working on the long term super feature improve? Just show the 8 most recent instead of the 8 longest active?
    • 1:09:30 -- Skovos in the Expansion? Hints or not from the live chat?
    • 1:21:00 -- Hardcore has grown too easy? Only people who don't pay attention die?
    • 1:24:30 -- Season 4 goals? Does the Paragon System need a full reset going into D3X2, with some players thousands ahead of others?

The Diablo 3 Podcast Episode Guide in DiabloWiki.net provides links to every show, plus quick summaries.
    Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2015
  2. Cymra

Cymra Diabloii.Net Member

Over just having the option to turn down the visuals for effects that aren't mine would be good. In a four player rift with two barbarians and a DH and it's just a screen of tornados and arrows. Even if it was just the ghosted option you get for other player's pets.

3. Flux

Flux Administrator

Lots of players this season are saying it's just impossible to play with WDs, since there's so much lag, on top of the visual clutter.

Ironically, all visual clutter in D2 was as big or bigger, with no transparency or adjustments for multiple players, and people were angry when D3 dropped the max players from 8 to 4. Imagine D3 with 8 players on a screen?

4. Brumbek

Brumbek Diabloii.Net Member

When N3rdwards (I think it was him) starting talking about possible story stuff and how he enjoys playing the Campaign on Torment X, I got SUPER excited. It is NOT just him. I love the Diablo lore. And I love the idea of bringing the D3 story back around to explain why we've been doing all these Rifts to gain more power. So sorry Flux, but many, MANY of us love the story elements and wouldn't buy an expansion without a new Act! Thanks for the great podcast. I found two (two!) Flow of Eternity's when listening, so thank you.

5. PrvtPiLe

PrvtPiLe Diabloii.Net Member

Solid episode. Two good guests. And it's good to hear a healthy bit of criticism for some of the game features, because if they're not criticised then they won't be changed. Keep up the good work.

6. Empty1

Empty1 Diabloii.Net Member

Thanks man. It is always fun to talk about this game we all care so much about.

7. NacRuno

NacRuno Diabloii.Net Site Pal

Is there an android podcast app that you share the episodes on? Just tried to listen the latest episode on Stitcher, it was very confusing till I realized it was episode #138 from April 2014 :confused:

Foutch likes this.
  8. tougeznut

tougeznut Diabloii.Net Member

What's happened to the regular podcasts? I used to see new ones every week or so, but haven't seen a new one in almost a month now. Is it just a lack of interest, or nobody has time to work on it?

MrGomp likes this.
  9. rabidshrew

rabidshrew Diabloii.Net Member

And I don't think Flux has made a single post in that time either. Hope everything is alright with him.

Foutch likes this.
  10. randomice

randomice Diabloii.Net Member

I am also somewhat worried about flux.You can''t really dissappear like this :(

11. Foutch

Foutch Diabloii.Net Member

Yeah, I just saw that yesterday as well. Great for nostalgia purposes, I guess. I wonder if they would upload their stuff to Stitcher as well?