The latest installment of the Diablo 3 Podcast is now online with early access for our site supporters, the Pals! Access the video or audio version via this thread in the Pals forum. If you're not a pal don't panic; the podcast will go public for everyone early Wednesday morning.
Season Four is going strong, but are our panelists? Plus postmortem analysis of last week's Diablo 3 developer chat: EXP Wars! MP vs. SP vs. botting, Season Journey appreciation, Hardcore grows too easy, and Skovos D3X2 hints? Featuring N3rdwards, Empty1, and Flux.
Click through for the full show contents, and if you'd like to support the website and get early podcast access, considering making your pledge and becoming a site Pal. It's surprisingly affordable, grants you special perks, a no-ad version of the site, and helps keep us online, especially now that the RMAH is no longer paying the bills.
Diablo 3 Podcast #188: S4 + Dev Chat PostmortemContinue reading the Original Blog Post.
- 0:30 -- Intro and Season 4 progress so far. Both guests have had busy to keep them from their rightful P500. How does Kanai's Cube change the leveling progress?
- 8:00 -- Season Journey: cool or nubsauce?
- 16:00 -- Sets dominate the item game now. Pros and cons to only gearing around 6p green collections? Harder to find now that there are so many sets per class?
- 31:00 -- Single player vs. Multiplayer. Why does Blizzard want solo play to feel like a waste of time?
- 38:00 -- Why doesn't Blizzard ban botters anymore? Making the top Paragon ranks entirely cheaters?
- 49:30 -- Torment difficulty scaling. Is T10 worth it for anything other than Infernal Machines/Ubers?
- 1:03:00 -- UI inadequate buff display. Why not fix it quickly while working on the long term super feature improve? Just show the 8 most recent instead of the 8 longest active?
- 1:09:30 -- Skovos in the Expansion? Hints or not from the live chat?
- 1:21:00 -- Hardcore has grown too easy? Only people who don't pay attention die?
- 1:24: -- Season 4 goals? Does the Paragon System need a full reset going into D3X2, with some players thousands ahead of others?