Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Diablo 3 Podcast #163: Season Two and Patch 2.2.0

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Flux, Feb 23, 2015.

1. Flux

Flux Administrator

Flux Submitted a news story

Season Two, week one in review, plus Patch 2.2.0 preview debate: more six-piece item sets, new goblin types, new bounties and exploration mode, plus Diablo 3 "first world problems." Featuring Wolfpaq, Muggs, and Flux.

[powerpress]

Click through for approximate segment starting times and related links:

• 0:30 -- Intro and the annual Diablo IncGamers Academy Award predictions segment.
    • 2:00 -- Season Two, week one. Wolfpaq and Muggs detail their rush to Paragon 100 last weekend. Plus the heartbreak of non-gambling Follower Tokens.
    • 11:00 -- Early season excite of Leaderboards, and the push for GR35 Conquest. (Scary in Hardcore without double Unity.)
    • 15:00 -- Season Three preview. Stash for cash! China only, but does everyone want it?
    • 19:30 -- Six piece sets debate. Pros and cons of six piece item sets; huge bonuses hard to earn, but very limiting on gear variety and options.
    • 24:30 -- Additional bounties coming soon, plus exploration mode.
    • 30:00 -- Three new types of Treasure Goblins. Excite? Just annoyed they'll lower the frequency of Blood Thieves?
    • 34:00 -- Multiplayer debate. Most and least favorite classes to party with? Everyone loves the WD; some are less fond of Wizards.
    • 41:00 -- Monk-pocalypse early in Season Two. Why are so many people playing Monks and dying in Hardcore? NDE is by far the least useful of the death-cheating passive; more dangerous to use it than not?
    • 50:00 -- First World Diablo 3 Problems. Too frequently Paragon Point pop-ups. Mercs only talk before easy fights. Weapon type gambling annoyance. Booby prize when you fail 3 straight 60% LGem upgrades. Need more active buffs displayed. Progress bar not required for upgrading gems.
    • 1:09:00 -- Continuing plans for Season Two.

The Diablo 3 Podcast Episode Guide in DiabloWiki.net provides links to every show, plus quick summaries.
    Continue reading the Original Story

2. Charons

Charons Diablo: IncGamers Member

re: wizard causing lag with filling screen with raining fire.

If I had one quality of life wish...it would be to let us turn off other players effects. I simply don't need to see most of them. (one exception would be crowd control effects. Piranado's might look funny to me if suddenly all the mobs start floating in the air sucked into one spot) I would much rather be able to see dangerous elite spells.

Jcakes likes this.
  3. ChimpMagnet

ChimpMagnet IncGamers Member

On that bounty discussion. Imho they should give you 1 cache per completed act when you turn in the quest. And maybe throw in a chance at a uber machine in each cache, guaranteed at T6.

If you complete 2 acts you get 1 cache and 1 machine when you turn in the first act, when you turn in the second act you get 2 caches and machines.
    That way, if you do all 5 acts, you get 15 caches and 15 machines.

4. Flux

Flux Administrator

I thought that was in the game now? And that other players saw your effects less than you did. I remember clearly the devs talking about that, at least, in terms of spell effects and also minions.

If that's live, then obviously it's not sufficiently diminished, in the eyes of some.

5. Charons

Charons Diablo: IncGamers Member

I'll have to look in the options menus. If its there I don't remember hearing about it. I certainly haven't noticed a change in 4 player mode if it was automatic. Just yesterday I couldn't see the ground at all due to all the craziness and it started to lag my video card in spots due to a million effects coming from wizards and monks.

6. adastra

adastra IncGamers Member

LOL at the Wii comment. Seriously though ... that' s a QOL thing i'd love to see changed. I was literally having my morning coffee and crafting gems while listening to pod-cast.

7. adastra

adastra IncGamers Member

I'm really enjoying season 2. It's a ton of fun to test your diablo skills and start fresh. The new Leg gems are awesome. Don't miss out! QOL changes will happen.

8. sneakytails

sneakytails IncGamers Member

I love listening to these podcasts while playing Clash of Clans!