Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Diablo 3 patch 2.4 details and panel video - PTR next week

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Rushster, Nov 7, 2015.

1. Rushster

Rushster Administrator

[​IMG]

It was depressing to see that Diablo 3 didn't get much of a mention in the opening ceremony; it really does feel like the bastard child Blizzard wants to keep locked in the cellar. Despite it being pretty much ignored at the start of the event, the Blood and Treasure panel did bring a load of new information for Diablo 3 patch 2.4 and there's a lot of changes and new content coming. No hint of an expansion at all but perhaps Blizzard has had a rethink about how they want to introduce content and how often based on the additional content being added in patches.

If you didn't get a chance to watch the panel then you can watch the whole thing after the break, but to summarise, this is what's coming in 2.4. Note the PTR for 2.4 will launch next week following a "brief" technical test which takes place on Monday.
    • New Zone - Greyhollow Island
    • New Areas - Royal Quarters & Eternal Woods
    • New Events
    • 16 New monsters
    • 175 New Bounties
    • Empowered Rifts
    • Buff UI Overhaul
    • New Kanai's Cube Recipe.
    • 50+new Legendary Items with 10 revised sets.
    • 24 new Set Dungeons. Four for each class.
    • Sean Journey Improvements
      • Rebirth Feature.
      • Season 5 will be 3 months long. If this works it will be set in stone for future seasons.
      • News Cosmetics Cycle.
      • Guaranteed Legendary Set.

• New Stash Tab for everyone with additional tabs available which have to be earned in Season Journey.

Update: Blizzard has now pumped up a page for 2.4.
    Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2015
  2. MrRandyMarsh

MrRandyMarsh Diabloii.Net Member

"50+new Legendary Items"

Utterly useless. The drop in power if you lose any part of the set puzzle is too big.

3. Kipex

Kipex Diabloii.Net Member

Sorry to be a downer. The new content and features are cool and all, but I was left pretty damn disappointed and salty by the "amazing addition of a new stash tab which can go up to FIVE" when you're done finishing the season journey of Season 8 at the end of 2016.

Are you kidding me? Exactly how is this supposed to help with the existing game let alone the next four seasons of content patches and even more legendaries/sets. Is Jay Wilson back in the game, because don't think doubling is gonna do it.

Also no mention of botters and barely addressed the lag in Q&A.

4. Mage Slayer

Mage Slayer Diabloii.Net Member

You haven't seen the new Wailing Host/Litany set bonus, have you?

5. Apocalypse

Apocalypse Diabloii.Net Member

its looking more and more like they just canned an expansion and have been slowly delivering it to us over patches

6. lothars

lothars Diabloii.Net Member

I'm sorry I don't get that at all, How is this the end of the Diablo franchise? Yes they didn't announce an expansion right now but it doesn't mean anything.

I still think that at the very least another expansion will be coming out

7. Soval

Soval Diabloii.Net Member

There is a preview of the upcoming patch on the D3 website

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/19941044/patch-240-ptr-preview-11-6-2015

Looks like it gives a lot of players things they wanted, like more stash space, more lgem upgrades, set and legendary revisions, and an end to season exclusive items. Plus amazing amount of new content.

This is a lot for just one patch.

8. GUFF

GUFF Diabloii.Net Member

Indeed lol...

F Seasons, I don't want to play seasons. Why should I be penalized for not doing so regarding stash space not to mention season only items?

9. GUFF

GUFF Diabloii.Net Member

Season rewards should be cosmetic only, never linked to exclusive items or upgrades.

10. trocadero

trocadero Diabloii.Net Member

Could be worse. Starcraft is getting straight up DLC. No Mac support at all for Overwatch. If they did start charging money each patch/season, what should it cost and what should you get?

11. In the name of Zod

In the name of Zod Diabloii.Net Member

Bounties are broken for single player, they obviously and most arrogantly are not listening to 1/2 of the play base, well the 1/2 that used to play anyhow.

12. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Diabloii.Net Member

I'm perfectly fine with no x-pack as long as they keep rolling out new features, content, etc. Giving us this stuff for free beats paying $40+ for a true expansion. Certainly don't think this spells the end of Diablo. I will miss another Legendary Edition art book though.

13. PrvtPiLe

PrvtPiLe Diabloii.Net Member

Eh, some nice stuff overall, and it looks like a lot of work, so i don't want to be too harsh. But still... A lot of the fundamental issues haven't been addressed. Paragon grind still the be-all-and-end-all (the XP changes won't really fix that), not to mention the boring nature of Paragon, solo-players shat on, Blizz-dictated builds (the new ring set is interesting, but... wow, I've never seen such a convoluted work-around to something that shouldn't even be a problem i.e make sets maximum of 4-piece ffs).

Same old story: it will bring most people back for a few weeks to a month. But then we're back to square one.

14. metarox

metarox Diabloii.Net Member

Looks good to me, especially the stash space which will allow us to at least get to 7 in S5 (new one + conquests). New areas for rifts and GRs is always welcome to add diversity + new monsters. And the set dungeons gives you something to do.

I didn't quite understand what the rebirth feature was all about.

15. metarox

metarox Diabloii.Net Member

Oh and they did fix XP between solo and group which should help a lot since I play mostly solo.

16. trocadero

trocadero Diabloii.Net Member

Instead of setting aside an empty slot and trying to come up w/ a new name every season, you can just grab your usual character and "rebirth" them into a level one seasonal character. Also keeps track of your "real" time played. The main problem is they're still keeping XP and Paragon around, which basically ensures a bunch of grindy, boring bot crap in order to build up a stats base.

17. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

That was indeed a nice bait-and-switch. Blizz: "You don't want to play season and don't want to wait half a year before getting the new legendaries? Don't worry there will be no more season exclusives. BTW, it you want to upgrade your stash YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE TO PLAY SEASON. **** YOU, non-season players!"

18. TheChosenOne NL

TheChosenOne NL Diabloii.Net Member

Agreed, I made a post on the forums aswell about it.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/2821469

Also sent a tweet (if it helps) with feedback.

19. TheChosenOne NL

TheChosenOne NL Diabloii.Net Member

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/2821469/

20. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Diabloii.Net Member

I think 6 char types is enough. Save any other ideas for D4. I like the 2x balance for each main stat.

I enjoy Diablo lore but during actual gameplay it's not that important to me. Keep contracting for books and that's enough imo. After the initial playthrough a new act would be reduced to basically what they are giving us - different tile sets and new bounties.

I think the focus should be on improving what we already have.