Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Diablo 3 Patch 2.1.2 Survival Guide

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Flux, Jan 12, 2015.

1. adastra

adastra Diabloii.Net Member

apparently, Firebirds did get a tweak.

2. adastra

I agree too. I hate what they did to this shrine but, I understood why they did it. I'm just hoping it comes back. The thing about using it as a way to finish off a Grift is that ... to me, even that took some great effort.

I tried it, but, the thing was, you had to create tons of grifts looking for an optimal one, then find the conduit shrine fairly quickly and then you had to leave the perfect number of monsters around it to kill. And that to me, that was a total time suck. SO, IMO, anyone who went through all that to gain an extra grift level almost deserved it! I couldn't do it.

3. adastra

well, either way ... goblins are better now.

4. DaTruth

DaTruth Diabloii.Net Member

Did it? I haven't seen anything about it, other than the infinite DOT falls off if you get too far away from the RG. Is there something I missed (it's totally possible).

5. nobbie

nobbie Diabloii.Net Member

The patch is on the US launcher, so today is patch day indeed. Can't wait for the Ancient items!

6. adastra

the PTR was pretty spectacular. If they get int he habit of doing a 2000% Buff to the legendary drop rate every time there's a PTR ... It may end up being my main Diablo gig.

To be honest. The new patch is far from lack luster just for the monster density alone. Ancient items can be awesome. new Golbins are not only more fun to fight, they're actually helpful now.

The changes to the DH and Monk set are pretty boss. Get ready

7. Flux

Flux Administrator

Gifts seem very odd on randomness. Playing on the PTR for this patch, I found 20+ with season 2 chars. I was actually getting annoyed that they don't stack, as they were eating up major chunk of my gems/mats stash page even after I was using them pretty indiscriminately, just to compare and try out different weapon finds.

Yet I'd never found a single one on the live realm with my HC chars. Happily, I found my first one ever on Live just a few days ago, but the irony was it dropped in a game on T3, when I'd lowered the diff from my usual T6 just to do some quick gold farming with a Boon.

8. Flux

Flux Administrator

http://diablo.incgamers.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/inv-ptr-rama-gifts.jpg

Screen of my PTR stash, from early november. Gifts didn't seem boosted in drop rate by the +2000% drop rate thing, BTW. That only applied to items, and not gifts or potions or crafting plans, and it was only drops, not gambling odds.

9. Silverfang

Silverfang Diabloii.Net Member

Yeah, the primary gameplay is top notch and itemization has become somewhere between tolerable and acceptable. ADest above is still right, though: It's lacking the arpg core element of roleplaying, with its depth still unacceptable to serious fans of its predecessor or the arpg-genre in general.