Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Diablo 3 Patch 2.0.6 Notes: No More Legendary Materials!?

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Flux, Jun 10, 2014.

1. PearlJamaholic

PearlJamaholic Diabloii.Net Member

I was hoping they would fix the spawn rate of ancient corpse. I've read people doing over 100 runs to find one, I'm not quite there but it is ridiculous the time it takes to get a few journals...

2. Flux

Flux Administrator

Oh, we can always blame Jay. Like herpes, he's the gift that keeps on giving.

3. Waterfiend

Waterfiend Diablo: IncGamers Columnist

I agree about the stash space. At first, I thought the change might be due to inventory issues. But when I read the Philosophy sections of the patch notes, it seemed like it was more due to undesirable farming behavior.

4. Tigerpaw

Tigerpaw Diabloii.Net Member

I have mixed feelings about this change. In a way it almost turns the crafting into an "auction house" where everything is fully available to everyone at any time. Granted most of the crafted items are not very desirable but tracking down the mats for the ones that mattered became its own mini-challenge and introduced the opportunity for more focused gameplay.

The downside, of course, is that some of the mats were extremely hard to acquire, and as others had mentioned, required you to join/quit games over and over until the bounty you wanted was available. I've run dozens and dozens of Act 1 bounties trying to get a RORG (for my Crusader) and encountered a bounty for a purple quill fiend once (?) in all that time...should it really be that difficult to find the mat (shimmering quill) for a crafted bow that isn't really that good to begin with?

While I'm glad I don't have to hunt down the ingredients, it does sort of feel like cheating the way it works now. It felt good to hunt down and find the three mats to give my Crusader the full Born's set...and that was back when white items were also required. Overall, I think this is good for the game...as nice as some of the sets are, I don't think any of the crafted items are powerful enough to warrant the extra effort needed to collect the materials.

On a related note, I'm glad I can sell off my excess mats (made over 1 million just on my Adventurer's Journals alone), but I'm compelled to store them on a mule character as I really like the artwork (and descriptions) created for them.

Lastly, a moment of silence for the poor purple monsters...they give us bounty rewards but now nothing special.

5. Michal

Michal Diabloii.Net Member

Totally. A much nicer solution, just off the top of my head would be to make mats guaranteed after completing a bounty. Maybe you get to choose one or something...

Removing them entirely is simply too trivial.

6. thefranklin

thefranklin Diabloii.Net Member

Weren't they going to make a stash of legendary crafting mats or some kind of interface? I think this is lame. I have like 15 Twin Essences that I spent time getting.

But the more important thing about this: Notice how they didn't like the playstyle (ie "mat farming" community, where people would find the quest, spam it, 3 people join, everyone profit, etc). Now can anyone guess what is going to happen to rift it forward!!

7. Darkmere

Darkmere Diabloii.Net Member

Yeah if they nerf/ruin Rift it Forward that'll kill what little reliable fun the game has. And the backlash will be pretty serious. I'm waiting for the "Rift Redesign" patch where all rifts are a long tunnel full of trash distributed by a "hitpoint-per-meter" system to be "fair and competitively balanced."

As is, there's just too much fun in the game that can't be completely dissected and optimized for peen-waving yet. We need to fix this ASAP.

8. Darkmere

Yeah, not a big fan. The people who spammed games for bounties were intentionally wasting their own time instead of just going to look for a spawn or quest. Out of my dozen Twin Seas essences... ONE of them was from razormouth as a bounty.

Now it's back to something else until I feel like hopping on the pre-approved Rift Treadmill(tm) again.

9. Michal

Michal Diabloii.Net Member

I am actually not a fan of establishments like "rift it forward" and do not participate in it. I understand the value but it's too artificial and chore-like for me. I still like to PLAY a nice rift from start to end in a stable team at a nice pace, instead of this hectic rush-like jumping from game to game. I understand and support it if Blizzard wants to stop play-styles of this type.

10. Darkmere

Why do you care how other people play, as long as you can play how you like? I've never seen a single person ask for Rift it Forward to be made mandatory... but I've seen a whole lot of people who don't use RiF want it removed.

11. GL1zdA

GL1zdA Diabloii.Net Member

I don't think you could remedy it without crafting materials becoming just rarer death breaths. While I liked them, I welcome every change that discourages farming.

12. bluedragon

bluedragon Diabloii.Net Member

there is an easy way to get all three of them , when you find an ancient corpse invite another player & make him hold the game for you & click the corpse,get the journal ,leave game ,re-enter click the corpse again & get the second one & so on

13. Grishok

Grishok Diabloii.Net Member

On one hand I agree with you. On the other hand, farming Twin Essences for hours really gets tedious beyond belief.

Somebody noted that the frequent bounty restarting was the reason Bliz changed this, sounds quite plausible to me!

They could have made mats an inventory item like gold and make it drop more randomly.

14. Ipos

Ipos Diabloii.Net Member

Stupid lazy ass way of dealing with game flipping and leg mats rarity.

15. koko

koko Diabloii.Net Member

I just hope this is a "our replacement for rune words was dull, we remove it we will restore D2 style rune words"... But not much...

If the goal of farming for the leg mat was just to go and craft the legendary, I do not see such difference with having this purple directly dropping the legendary. This is a reduction of two forgotten souls in the cost but the main sink for souls is enchanting, and with the current algorithm, it is a sufficient sink to allow for this reduction.

Yet they wanted to have all information in game and not on a website so they should add special bounty quests to these purple to get precise legendary.

16. NinjaSwag

NinjaSwag Diabloii.Net Member

I want MORE game objectives NOT LESS.

17. FnB

FnB Diabloii.Net Member

I think its Ladder related personally.
    I'm sure there are people who want to play ladder for the new items but don't have time to farm crafting materials.
    I bet the will make the item plans even easier to find soon.

I don't get all the people who say they will now have more stash space. Haven't you ever heard of making mules?

18. Mortalo

Mortalo Diabloii.Net Member

"Community chat will now be joined by default and the settings for which channels you have joined or left will be saved"
    That's cool :)

Oh, and yes leg mats no more. I can't tell how dissapointed I am :'(

19. nikolaus

nikolaus Diabloii.Net Member

Pattern

No wonder it took 10 years for this the game. One step forward, one step backward. Implement a feature, than take it out again - I am still sorry that the runestones have been removed, and now this. And in the end the game gets less interesting. Nobody cares if there is still a bit of content that you haven't seen - on the contrary, when you have seen it all, you're done with the game.

bluedragon likes this.
  20. SabreWolfy

SabreWolfy Diabloii.Net Site Pal

Why not just dramatically increase the drop-rate of legendary crafting materials? That keeps the mechanic and some of the depth. Maybe this is linked to some new feature in the 2.1 patch?