DIABLO 3 - Melee Character Sketch- dream on!

rikstaker

Diabloii.Net Member

All right-here goes……

1.BASIC GAMEPLAY CHANGES
2.COMBAT TECHNIQUES
3.SUPPORT SKILLS

Expect:

1.BASIC GAMEPLAY CHANGES:

3D graphics will allow for intense real time combat, a slightly isometric & zoomed in view would mean a closer look at the action, plus the third installment will really require some gameplay skill (at least on consoles)eheheh. Slightly fewer but stronger monsters.

WRATH BULB: In addition to the life and mana bulbs, players get the wrath bulb, which fills up as characters take damage (No it aint a ripoff from final fantasy, though it was inspired from it)

Characters can switch to spending Wrath instead of mana for skills, which will allow them to deal double damage and attack/cast at twice the speed.

Wrath bulbs fill rate under different conditions.

Defend attack: X (base), Block attack, 1.25 X, Take damage: 2X

CHARACTER:

Barbarian,Viking, Warrior, Deserter-(Hence referred to as warrior.)

SKIL TREES-COMBAT, SUPPORT SKILLS, LEADERSHIP

Weapon masteries done away with instead replaced by weapon disciplines which will allow the character to specialize as a 2h weapon wielder, dual wielder or a weapon/shield user.

Support techniques added which will allow the character to customize his weapon & shield. He would be able to adjust damage & speed of the weapon and block rate & chance to block, defense & resists of the shield.

Combat skills branch out into three disciplines.

2. COMBAT TECHNIQUES:

2handed weapon fighting, dualwield, weapon shield. 3 exclusive skills for each build one common skill in WEAPON BOOMERANG.

DUAL WIELD BRANCH:

CRUELTY: (Low level skill)

There are no rules in war & the warrior understands this better, with a burst of rage he lunges forward & plants one of his weapon deep into his enemy's heart immobilizing him, and allowing his other weapon to finish off what is left. The target remains immobilized as long as the weapon is planted & looses life slowly based on the weapons damage & attacker's level.

The warrior sort of automatically lunges forward & plants his weapon in the enemies chest & starts beating on it with his other.

Note: The right weapon can be anything but the left weapon must be a sword, since only it can penetrate deep, axes/maces wont work when held in the left hand)

Normal monsters will be immobilized, special monsters slowed by 50 %, bosses by 25% & players by 15%.

Upon switching to other combat skill the warrior automatically removes the sword. Sword can only be planted against one enemy at a time. After planting the warrior automatically attacks it with his right weapon, if however other enemies in the area start attacking him, the warrior will switch to counter attacking them instead.

Note: Some monsters (uniques) can remove the sword from their punctured comrade.

Gets damage/ar bonus per skill point.

MENACE: (Mid level skill)

A mass killer, with a rapid burst, the warrior lets his madness take control and anything/anyone unfortunate enough to be caught up never lives to tell the tale.

Somewhat frenzyish, the warrior starts of a slice & dice maneuver however not just limited to enemies nearby, he repositions himself with quick feet movement and sort of unleashes quick combos on all enemies within a fixed radius.

Gets number of hits/damage/ar bonus per skill point, the amount of hits on a single character is capped. At 3-5.

PUNISHMENT: (High level skill)

The warrior picks off a weak target & waits, waits for the right moment...to inflict severe damage with rapid lashes with his weapons. Once caught in the fury there is little chance of escape.

Its like rapid combo attacks on a single locked on target, the target is attacked with alternate weapons and gets knocked back every time it is hit, the warrior however manages to maintain distance to continue landing hits.

The number of hits & damage increase with skill point, faster weapons & run/walk speed make it easier for the warrior to maintain distance.

PVP nerf: Other Player's recovery time to the attack is far, far less compared to the monsters.

2 HANDED WEAPON BRANCH:

POWER BLOW: (Low level skill)-Anyone got a better name?

The warrior summons strength and lands a powerful overhead blow which destroys the target's shield and severely damages its armor, thus rendering its defenseless against more powerful blows.

Its like bash almost though no knockback, monster's shield is destroyed with the hit and defense reduced to by x% for the duration of x seconds (based on skill level)

PVP NERF: other player's shield is damaged and blocking reduced by 30-35%.

(Insert name): Mid level skill

The warrior takes advantage of the range of his weapon and trusting his life to it, he lets loose a ferocious swing which floors everyone within range. Very few can actually get back on their feet.

Gets huge damage bonus per skill point, works as a means of escape. Doesn't work in pvp.

BLOOD BATH:

A fierce spinning attack, that cuts a path through the legions of your enemies ( :flip: )

I don't know…I luv ww so much that I cant imagine D3 without it, so if anyone got something similar but better,please post it.

WEAPON SHIELD BRANCH:

?
?
?

Anyone got some good ideas?

WEAPON BOOMERANG:common to all branches.

The warrior foreseeing danger,decides against getting closer instead allows his weapon to fight for him.

Throws weapon which damages x number of hits for x seconds and flies back to the warrior.

Number of hits and duration goes up by skill point. The character cannot switch to alternate weapon and use other combat skill while his weapon is at it, shield users can block attacks while dual wielders and 2 handers should find a nice little hole to hide.

3. SUPPORT SKILLS TREE:

2H WEAPON DISCIPLINE:

Increases damage and ar when using 2 h weps.

DUAL WIELD DISCIPLINE:[/I]

""

WEAPON SHIELD DISCIPLINE:

""

WEAPON CUSTOMIZATION:

The warrior is well known for his skill with weapons, he always carries tools which allow him to sharpen, remold his weapon trying to achieve a balance between damage and speed.

Investing in this skill allows the warrior to alter the two most important characteristics of his weapon; its damage and speed. He can sharpen & shave of some steel of a heavy weapon two enable him to attack more quickly or he can add some layers of steel to land more powerful blows.

Weapons can only be customized once-every weapon cycle-(time between repairs) and customizing the weapon each time reduces the maximum durability of the weapon.

Only the warrior can use a customized weapon, once it has been customized no other class can wield that weapon.

The customizing is done through a slider of damage and speed, raising it increases damage but reduces speed & lowering it reduces damage but increases speed.

SHIELD CUSTOMIZATION:

Investing in this skill allows the warrior to alter the basic properties of his shield. Block rate/defense/resists & Chance to block/spikes.

He adds planks of wood/copper to the top & bottom ( :lol: ) of the shield to make it difficult for anything to get through or he has the choice to make it lighter by dismantling the excess protection-ermmm.

He can also add spikes to his shield which can cause severe damage to anyone foolish enough to take a shot. He can if he wishes remove those and cut sockets to allow for resistance to dangerous elements.

Done through a slider-raising it improves block rate, defense & resists but reduces chance to block & spike damage (a major force in D3) while lowering it does the opposite.

Well….

That’s all that I can think of now,Anyone got some more ideas on wep/shield build & warcry replacements & how to rope the wrath meter into this tree. :scratch: i've actually sent one copy to Blizzard.

rIK

xpumafangx

Diabloii.Net Member
It is a great ideal I do hope bliz will take this on. I just hope that they do not do what alot of gaming companys do now a days. They would say some thing like "No we do not like this ideal and then use it any ways." That is why I would want a patent before I actly sent out any of my info. And I hope you do the same.

acceleration turkey

Diabloii.Net Member
as long as we are dreaming...

-i always thought that berserk or leap attack should have worked while dual weilding, or that the barb should have been given dual weild attacks which were simulataneous and hard rather than fast and alternating (a la frenzy and double swing).

the best way i can describe it is from the scene in the movie gladiator where crowe winds up and then decapitates the guy with both swords at once. while it is not all that physically powerful to swing two one-handed weapons at the same time, it looks cool, and it works well with the berserk theme because you have to leave yourself very open to cock both arms back at once.

back when frenzy was still called crushing blow this was sort of what i imagined...a kind of vicious smashing attack where two weapons are swung together to crush or decapitate the enemy (perhaps depending if you were using an edge or a blunt). since you are really crushing the enemy, it should add crushing blow. since you are winding up, it should cut your own defense. since it can decapitate, it should add deadly strike. it should add open wounds because open wounds is cool.

so maybe 1% DS, CB and OW per level, and maybe a modest 8%/10% damage/AR per level, starting at 100%, so that a maxed crushing blow/decapitation skill would yeild 20% deadly strike, 20% crushing blow, 20% open wounds, +260% damage and +300% attack. perhaps give it chance to be unblockable also. i always thought that d2 could use unblockable attacks since it has armor pierce attacks. so far the only way to kill blocking is to stun :thumbsup:

-i defintely agree with rik though that it would be cooler if the d3 melee characters could be more focused on setup style rather than weapon family...i think it is cool to dual weild weapons from different types, like a mace/sword, axe/sword, mace/axe, etc, but it is not very feasible with the mastery system. it should be dual weild/2 handed/shield/throwing as rik suggests. i also agree that d3 should have slide bars to adjust stats...like tuning a car engine for acceleration instead of top speed. it wouldnt be anything major, like tripling damage and cutting speed in half, but just something else for us to fool around with and use to customize, which is fun.

-another thing ive thought of came from the computer game Myth: The Fallen Lords. anyone play myth? its cool. real time tactical (no building, just fighting). anyhow, there are these huge monsters called trow and they kick normal melee units so hard that their bodies shatter. if they are carrying weapons like swords, the sword pieces aer actually blown backwards into other melee units, slightly injuring them.

transition to d2:
make a skill that works like corpse explosion. call it annihilation or something sexy. if a barb uses this skill to land the killing hit on a monster, he has x% chance of killing the monster so hard that its body breaks apart and injures monsters near him. since it is not an explosion per se, make it work like shockwave so it goes in a single direction rather than having a perfect circular radius. and obviously it cant be 60-100% of monster hp...that would be too good of crowd control. maybe 20% or something, and make it all physical damage.

perhaps the skill itself does little damage, so you actually have to alternate attacks, using your main attack to lower monster hp and then use annihilate to blast their body apart. for me i have the most fun with a melee builds when i have to switch up my combat skills. hopefully d3 will remove the incentive to create one combat skill builds by making all attacks niche attacks instead of all-around attacks. annihilation would be a niche attack because it sucks unless you land the killing hit with it, etc.

-rik: that cruelty idea is hilarious...stabbing and beating a monster at once...great visual! i think if d3 is like you say, with fewer but stronger/more advanced monsters, combat skills like these might actually exist. the pace of d2 pretty much forbits neat stuff like this.

going off of cruelty, you could make a similar skill for the shield tree. it could be kind of like a combination of charge/smite/concentrate, where the barb kind of presses the enemy hard with his shield and then reaches around or over the shield to beat on the monster with his weapon. this would greatly increase your chance to block against the monster you are targeting, but reduce it against other monsters which are near you because you are sticking the shield only one monster's face at a time, so that this could become a good 1 on 1 skill for facing boss monsters, but in a crowd you get punished. you could call it juggernaut or something, because of the difficulty a single monster would have in stopping your advance. perhaps +50% and -50% blocking, single monster and crowd.

-not sure if anyone ever played diablo 1 hellfire (expansion), but the barbarian character could block with the shaft of his axe. perhaps a chance to cross block could be introduced as a passive skill for 2 handers.

-the midlevel 2 handed skill which "floors everyone within range"...this could be called sweep or something...perhaps it could be part knockback/stun and part slow target, because the barb is swinging at the monster's feet/ankles, so even after they are damaged they have a hard time moving. this would definitely be a cool crowd control move, even if it only did a little damage.

-i have somewhat of a problem with the skills 'menace' and 'punishment.' they simple sound too automated, like you trigger it and then it starts destroying the room. menace sounds like a combination of leap attack and the amazon's strafe, and while it is obviously cool to imagine the barb springing from foe to foe in a zeal fashion, it doesnt sound like there would be any strategy to its use. same with punishment...it sounds like you use the skill and then it just starts to bully your opponent. it needs to be harder to use in my opinion.

-i think that the wrath bulb idea has the best chance to be used with a shield setup. there could be a charge skill where you turtle and cover up, letting the hits rain down, and then suddenly spring up with an uninterruptible massive strike. it could be like a concentrate that actually does damage. :lol:

-sort of going back to the juggernaut skill, i think that combat skills shouldnt necessarily be skills the way we think of them today. i think some skills could be more like auras for the barb, meaning an effect which is not repeatedly cast, but rather a formation which is assumed. lets say you make a shield/spear barb. do you want him to go crazy and straight at the enemy, or do you want him to be reserved and in hoptile stance with his shield way up and walking very slow?

there should be combat stances and combat moves...things which are in constant effect and things which are individual attacks. this gives even more specialization to a given build...you can be a weapon/shield barb, who uses axes, who uses a given shield skill, who fights in a fast and reckless style. it is likely that sliders could accomplish this, since in most cases it is a binary choice between aggressive stance and defensive stance. juggernaut is not a move, but a way of holding your shield. you can then use any combat move you want with your shield pressing the enemy.

however this could also be what replaces the warcry tree...'leadership' is in fact a good name because it deals with battlefield tactics. you could have warcries/auras that cause you to adopt an agreesive or defensive style, depending on what you have activated, and then you combat skills change graphically as a result. your party would share offensive/defensive bonuses also, but only your actual graphic would change. instead of having some colors under your feet, you crouch and keep your arms in when using a defensive leadership ability, and you run around like a mad person frothing at the mouth when using an aggresive leadership ability. its really no different than an aura, but it adds another layer to building a melee character. i think combat stances would help add the kind of 'gameplay skill" and real-time combat' that rik is talking about, and that i think we all want.

well thats all for now. let me know what you think.

rikstaker

Diabloii.Net Member
thanx turkey

great feedback.U filled in the almost all holes I left.Anhilation might need some balancing-seems overpowered & departs from pure melee-juggernaut is definitely in.So is the stance/moves idea :thumbsup:Awesome!!!

mememe:Warcries must be replaced.Things must change,otherwise it would be 1.11 not D3.

Well,first thing,if there is going to be a D3, it will certainly come out on one or all consoles(perhaps the next gen ones)apart from a pc version,But take ghost for e.g.It aint coming on pc.

My idea of menace & punishment was for console style controls,where u quickly mash a combo of buttons,certainly not suited for mouse.

yeh,I remember that scene from Gladiator,he plants both his swords right?Awesome scene.No thats not were I got the idea of cruelty.I think it would be cool for a dualwield berserk like skill,where u square of against a single enemy,but are wide open for attacks from other enemies.One thing I borrowed from the movie-powerhit-the first battle sequence-the barb chief smashes a legionary's shield with his huge polearm-that was the coolest part of the entire sequence.

yep glad u agreed:weapon mastries must be replaced by weapon styles.The slider idea did come to me from Gran Turismo.

The concept of the game should change,there should be more gameplay variety,certain enemies must be designed such that they can only be killed with a certain sequence of attack.For e.g against a tuff foe with high block:u destroy his shield using power blow then using cruelty to make him bleed then pulling back the sword and sweeping him.There must be some variety in gameplay.Now..only a dualwilder can use cruelty & a only a 2h can use sweep & powerblow,so it will almost make party play essential,one character blows his shield the other loosens him,and another guy floors him.Not just amongst barbs,suppose blowing shileds lowers resists,that would mean sorcs would own them.Instead of the plain & simple vengeance,things like these can add some much needed freshness & realism.

Ur idea on leadership & stance is extremely appealing and can really work towards adding an element of strategy and realism to the game.Like u said,the fancy aura stuff should be discarded completely & replaced by more realistic battle stance behaviours which have gameplay impact like agressive stance would mean lower defense but faster/powerful attacks and a defensive stance would mean the opposit. :thumbsup:

Turkey:I think we should seriously consider joing Blizzard as lead gameplay designers.

rIK

acceleration turkey

Diabloii.Net Member
rikstaker said:
Turkey:I think we should seriously consider joing Blizzard as lead gameplay designers.

rIK
haha, i wish. i think we are a little too biased towards melee classes rik. we would make an awesome viking and then a mage character with skills like fireworks and disappearing rabbit. the casters would boo us into oblivion!

i wll say though...as it says on the diabloii.net front page, everyone who made d1 and d2 is gone. we really dont know if d3 will be anything like d1 or d2, and so it is hard to plan. if they want to turn it into a real rpg i would say that definitely changes things. i dont even know what the game could be about...there are no more prime evils. oh well...hopefully as we get more rumors about the game we can more accurately suggest things. getting an early start is ok too :thumbsup:

rikstaker

Diabloii.Net Member
rikstaker said:
.Not just amongst barbs,suppose blowing shileds lowers resists,that would mean sorcs would own them.Instead of the plain & simple vengeance,things like these can add some much needed freshness & realism.
rIK
correction: vengeance=conviction

turkey:Yes somewhat,but if we can do this we can do anything,if Blizzard doesn't take us we will try and seek out the D2 guys.

Its the melee class that is most complicated,casters should be a cakewalk if we put in some imagination & creativity(not the rabbit kind),look at our work so far-how totally different is the character we have sketched to the D2 barb.

I dont know what u think,but we rock man! :yep:

*rIK is working on his resume*

rIK

fax-machine

Diabloii.Net Member
another idea on weapon styles/ masteries is instead of maxing a weapon masterie

you have a style masterie 2handed dualwield weapon/shield etc.

is a final fantasy 2j aproach when you character gains a lvl he gains
addicional (not pionts) damage to his weapon type dmg

so the more you use swords the more effective you are but if you start using
axes your sword skill goes down but your axe goes up

in ff2j this system was used instead or characer levels to increase
hp mp weapon damage(based on type) magic damage etc.

but in ff2j you were able to cheat by attacking your own guys to gain hp in skill ups

so there for this should only be apllied to weapon type

rikstaker

Diabloii.Net Member
fax-machine said:
another idea on weapon styles/ masteries is instead of maxing a weapon masterie

you have a style masterie 2handed dualwield weapon/shield etc.

is a final fantasy 2j aproach when you character gains a lvl he gains
addicional (not pionts) damage to his weapon type dmg

so the more you use swords the more effective you are but if you start using
axes your sword skill goes down but your axe goes up

in ff2j this system was used instead or characer levels to increase
hp mp weapon damage(based on type) magic damage etc.

but in ff2j you were able to cheat by attacking your own guys to gain hp in skill ups

so there for this should only be apllied to weapon type
Thnx for the feed back,

Guess u didn't read the whole thing,we already covered the wep style part.The learn as u use idea seems good at first but it will be open to exploitation(not the ally bashing way though),plus there will be very little element of specialisation.U start of as a sword user,then u dont like them all that,u shift to axes & think they are crappy too.It will be easier for players to mess things up.

rIK

Caerbannog

Diabloii.Net Member
Weapon Shield:
Block (level 1 skill):
Increases your chance to block (brilliant, just fooking brilliant :p )

Swift Block-DeLuxe(tm) (level 6 orwhatever):
Increases your blocking speed (omg where do I come up with these ideas :p )

Sharpen Edges (level 12):
Duration based, increases shield damage.

Polish (level 24):
Repair + Add some resists to shield... Duration.

Retaliate (level 69 skill):
Any silly fool to attack and roll a block from the W/S user gets hits twice by the W/S character, MUAHAHAH.
Kinda like thorns, but with actual weapon hits :p

Anti-Crush (level 1 skill):
We all know how good it feels in your arm to hold a shield while a 30 foot balrog hits you with a mace 3 x the size of your head, don't we? Well, this skill maxed makes that shield arm like REALLY buff and not hurt at all :p

Spinning-Smite (WARNING: Lame content.):
Smite + WW, extra 100% open wounds when using a spiked shield (of course there will be more special shields for D III ... :p )

Oh yea, and the samurai influenced... Seppuku? Where u remove your guts and die with honor, thereby losing no exp.. :)
I am so elite :p

this_barb

Diabloii.Net Member
and there should be summons, like in final fantasy. where you can summon 13 knights to behead everyone in the game for 9999 damage and return the exp to you :) and the final boss should be sephiroth (cuz how many times can diablo die before coming back? seriously)

acceleration turkey

Diabloii.Net Member
Halcist said:
me thinks the finale baddie shall be andross from star fox. he come backs much times.

sadly, i dont think d2 could support all of andross' evil eye plates.

are you hal's twin?

why do you talk like that?

rikstaker

Diabloii.Net Member

All right-here goes……

1.BASIC GAMEPLAY CHANGES
2.COMBAT TECHNIQUES
3.SUPPORT SKILLS

Expect:

3D graphics will allow for intense real time combat, a slightly isometric & zoomed in view would mean a closer look at the action, plus the third installment will really require some gameplay skill (at least on consoles)eheheh. Slightly fewer but stronger monsters.

WRATH BULB: In addition to the life and mana bulbs, players get the wrath bulb, which fills up as characters take damage (No it aint a ripoff from final fantasy, though it was inspired from it)

Characters can switch to spending Wrath instead of mana for skills, which will allow them to deal double damage and attack/cast at twice the speed.

CHARACTER:

Weapon masteries done away with instead replaced by weapon disciplines which will allow the character to specialize as a 2h weapon wielder, dual wielder or a weapon/shield user.

Support techniques added which will allow the character to customize his weapon & shield. He would be able to adjust damage & speed of the weapon and block rate & chance to block, defense & resists of the shield.

2. COMBAT TECHNIQUES:

2handed weapon fighting, dualwield, weapon shield. 3 exclusive skills for each build one common skill in WEAPON BOOMERANG.

DUAL WIELD BRANCH:

There are no rules in war & the warrior understands this better, with a burst of rage he lunges forward & plants one of his weapon deep into his enemy's heart immobilizing him, and allowing his other weapon to finish off what is left. The target remains immobilized as long as the weapon is planted & looses life slowly based on the weapons damage & attacker's level.

The warrior sort of automatically lunges forward & plants his weapon in the enemies chest & starts beating on it with his other.

Note: The right weapon can be anything but the left weapon must be a sword, since only it can penetrate deep, axes/maces wont work when held in the left hand)

Normal monsters will be immobilized, special monsters slowed by 50 %, bosses by 25% & players by 15%.

Upon switching to other combat skill the warrior automatically removes the sword. Sword can only be planted against one enemy at a time. After planting the warrior automatically attacks it with his right weapon, if however other enemies in the area start attacking him, the warrior will switch to counter attacking them instead.

Note: Some monsters (uniques) can remove the sword from their punctured comrade.

A mass killer, with a rapid burst, the warrior lets his madness take control and anything/anyone unfortunate enough to be caught up never lives to tell the tale.

Somewhat frenzyish, the warrior starts of a slice & dice maneuver however not just limited to enemies nearby, he repositions himself with quick feet movement and sort of unleashes quick combos on all enemies within a fixed radius.

Gets number of hits/damage/ar bonus per skill point, the amount of hits on a single character is capped. At 3-5.

The warrior picks off a weak target & waits, waits for the right moment...to inflict severe damage with rapid lashes with his weapons. Once caught in the fury there is little chance of escape.

Its like rapid combo attacks on a single locked on target, the target is attacked with alternate weapons and gets knocked back every time it is hit, the warrior however manages to maintain distance to continue landing hits.

The number of hits & damage increase with skill point, faster weapons & run/walk speed make it easier for the warrior to maintain distance.

PVP nerf: Other Player's recovery time to the attack is far, far less compared to the monsters.

2 HANDED WEAPON BRANCH:

The warrior summons strength and lands a powerful overhead blow which destroys the target's shield and severely damages its armor, thus rendering its defenseless against more powerful blows.

Its like bash almost though no knockback, monster's shield is destroyed with the hit and defense reduced to by x% for the duration of x seconds (based on skill level)

The warrior takes advantage of the range of his weapon and trusting his life to it, he lets loose a ferocious swing which floors everyone within range. Very few can actually get back on their feet.

Gets huge damage bonus per skill point, works as a means of escape. Doesn't work in pvp.

BLOOD BATH:

A fierce spinning attack, that cuts a path through the legions of your enemies ( :flip: )

I don't know…I luv ww so much that I cant imagine D3 without it, so if anyone got something similar but better,please post it.

WEAPON SHIELD BRANCH:

?
?
?

The warrior foreseeing danger,decides against getting closer instead allows his weapon to fight for him.

Throws weapon which damages x number of hits for x seconds and flies back to the warrior.

Number of hits and duration goes up by skill point. The character cannot switch to alternate weapon and use other combat skill while his weapon is at it, shield users can block attacks while dual wielders and 2 handers should find a nice little hole to hide.
& resists but reduces chance to block & spike damage

All right-here goes……

1.BASIC GAMEPLAY CHANGES
2.COMBAT TECHNIQUES
3.SUPPORT SKILLS

Expect:

CHARACTER:

2. COMBAT TECHNIQUES:

DUAL WIELD BRANCH:

2 HANDED WEAPON BRANCH:

BLOOD BATH:

WEAPON SHIELD BRANCH:

?
?
?

3. SUPPORT SKILLS TREE:

2H WEAPON DISCIPLINE:

""

""

WEAPON CUSTOMIZATION:

The warrior is well known for his skill with weapons, he always carries tools which allow him to sharpen, remold his weapon trying to achieve a balance between damage and speed.

Investing in this skill allows the warrior to alter the two most important characteristics of his weapon; its damage and speed. He can sharpen & shave of some steel of a heavy weapon two enable him to attack more quickly or he can add some layers of steel to land more powerful blows.

Weapons can only be customized once-every weapon cycle-(time between repairs) and customizing the weapon each time reduces the maximum durability of the weapon.

Only the warrior can use a customized weapon, once it has been customized no other class can wield that weapon.

The customizing is done through a slider of damage and speed, raising it increases damage but reduces speed & lowering it reduces damage but increases speed.

SHIELD CUSTOMIZATION:

Investing in this skill allows the warrior to alter the basic properties of his shield. Block rate/defense/resists & Chance to block/spikes.

He adds planks of wood/copper to the top & bottom ( :lol: ) of the shield to make it difficult for anything to get through or he has the choice to make it lighter by dismantling the excess protection-ermmm.

He can also add spikes to his shield which can cause severe damage to anyone foolish enough to take a shot. He can if he wishes remove those and cut sockets to allow for resistance to dangerous elements.

Done through a slider-raising it improves block rate, defense & resists but reduces chance to block & spike damage (a major force in D3) while lowering it does the opposite.

Well….

That’s all that I can think of now,Anyone got some more ideas on wep/shield build & warcry replacements & how to rope the wrath meter into this tree. :scratch: i've actually sent one copy to Blizzard.

rIK

All right-here goes……

1.BASIC GAMEPLAY CHANGES
2.COMBAT TECHNIQUES
3.SUPPORT SKILLS

Expect:

CHARACTER:

2. COMBAT TECHNIQUES:

DUAL WIELD BRANCH:

2 HANDED WEAPON BRANCH:

BLOOD BATH:

WEAPON SHIELD BRANCH:

?
?
?

3. SUPPORT SKILLS TREE:

2H WEAPON DISCIPLINE:

""

""

WEAPON CUSTOMIZATION:

SHIELD CUSTOMIZATION:

Well….

rIK
wrath bulb..I wrote this 8 years before launch.

calling my lawyer.