Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Diablo 3 Expansion Announcement Hinted for Gamescom

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Hound, Jul 31, 2013.

1. Hound

Hound IncGamers News Service

It was believed that the Diablo 3 Expansion announcement would appear at Blizzcon in November. But since the beginning of the week various emails have been dispatched from Blizzard in the run up to Gamescom next month that suggest otherwise.

"You are invited to join Blizzard Entertainment at a press conference on the first day of gamescom 2013. We're making a special announcement that's sure to capture the attention of the Heavens, Burning Hells and all the shadowed places that lie between."

There has also been a tweet from Blizzard's <a href="https://twitter.com/FubarNick/status/362388014623752193" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">Nick Carpenter</a> from the Cinematic Department saying that he has just "wrapped another amazing cinematic. Can't wait to show the world!"

You wouldn't hold a press conference for general press to announce some new game systems such as Ladders and itemisation changes. The conference is also scheduled to take place on the first day which means there is plenty of time to squeeze in the many individual interviews in the following days. The press conference is also in addition to the usual panels and Q&A sessions spread over the event. Again, if the announcement was system changes these would be discussed at the appropriate panels rather than convening a press conference for all press.

I expect the announcement, showing of the new cinematic and the first hands-on opportunity taking place at Blizzcon in a few months.

Thanks to <a href="http://www.gamona.de" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">nobbie</a>.

2. Sayaf

Sayaf IncGamers Member

I am excite! Flux isn't gamecom taking place in Germany? are you guys sending ppl to cover the announcement? pls say yes. Those other fansites just ask generic and lame questions. You guys need to go!

3. Asteria

Asteria IncGamers Site Pal

Hope so.

4. Katniss

Katniss IncGamers Member

I'm excited as well, but just so she gets credit, Elly authored this post.

5. MengNa

MengNa Banned

This is exciting!
    If the work on the expansion has advanced far enough to announce it before Blizzcon that could mean they're actually trying to get it out as soon as possible.

Mid 2014 might be too optimistic, but late 2014 could be right.

The sooner the better!

6. MathewPoland

MathewPoland Guest

Well, it's possible. They could announce the expansion at Gamescom to hype people up and then reveal a lot of cool stuff (and real info) at Blizzcon:)

7. yovargas

yovargas IncGamers Member

Sooner is better but in Blizz world, anything pre-2015 will be too soon to hope for, I expect. The lower your expectations, the better!

8. nobbie

nobbie IncGamers Member

I would expect D3X1 not later than summer 2014.

9. Murasama

Murasama IncGamers Member

I'm thinking this is going to be more on the lines of one last final PR/marketing push for D3 PS3+Xbox 360 before its September 3rd release.

10. nobbie

nobbie IncGamers Member

A \"special announcement that’s sure to capture the attention of the Heavens, Burning Hells and all the shadowed places that lie between\" with recpect to the D3 console release? What would that be which has not already been announced in-depth and discussed for hours on end at PAX East 2013 and later?

An expensive cinematic trailer for the console release? Not in Blizzard\'s current financial situation.

11. ShadoutMapes

ShadoutMapes IncGamers Member

What is wrong with Blizzards current financial situation? :D

Maybe they announce RMAH is back for console? And online only. Grats everyone.

12. DrVictorinox

DrVictorinox Guest

'The game is now officially out of alpha stage. At Blizzcon we will announce how we will trick you to spend another 60$ to participate in the betatest.'

13. Alpha_7

Alpha_7 Guest

I have to say I'm a little exicited.. actually a lot.. almost bouncing in my seat... but also a little warey of getting my hopes up.

A Expansion Cinematic that introduces the new class(es) for the Xpac would be sweet!

14. Nomad

Nomad Guest

Sorry for the off topic but if neither Flux or Elly are in a relationship I would love to see them getting married :3 . All of the podcast you are in you sound so adorable!

15. jaxxtraxx

jaxxtraxx Guest

A new cinematic on the making of the New WALLPAPER to be released at gamescom

16. indy

indy Guest

Rather!

The thing is, can we believe the information they feed us? Remember the game we were supposed to get, and the one that was fobbed off on us.

17. nobbie

nobbie IncGamers Member

Blizzard has a very good reason NOT to announce both the new WoW and the D3 expansion at BlizzCon 2013. WoW subs pay the bills, but they are declining fast (7.7 mio. currently). The best business strategy would be to announce the D3 expansion and the 6th hero class at gamescom (the world\'s largest trade fair and event highlight for interactive games and entertainment btw), and then have full focus on WoW 6 at BlizzCon.

18. jamesL

jamesL IncGamers Member

buy the console version of D3,
    get one year of WoW for free

19. Muyu

Muyu Guest

Sign of beta?

20. ShadowMatrix

ShadowMatrix IncGamers Member

F*** yeah I've been waiting all along for a new wallpaper holy shiztz

On a serious note... I am excited to see what they show. Most likely the intro cinematic, maaaybe the new class but that would be a huge reveal that I think would be better saved for blizzcon... I mean announcing the new class is a pretty big deal I think they'll at most give us a hint at what the new class "is". My guess is the new class will be a shaman class that has shapeshifting, uses wards that do things such as stun,heal,special damage effects and then he'll have elemental spells I'm pretty sure it's going to be a shaman class, my other guess is it will be a death knight class which would appease to the necromancer fans and be a mix of melee and necro magic.