Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Diablo 3: Expansion 2 feat. Baal, Mephisto & the Druid Class?

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by nobbie, Mar 30, 2015.

1. nobbie

nobbie IncGamers Member

What does the second expansion after Reaper of Souls have in store for us? Read my latest gaming blog if you're interested in some tangible speculation! http://goo.gl/9lgnIu

TheDarkSide and tougeznut like this.
  2. fmulder

fmulder Site Contributor

Nicely written, and Lord of Construction is an awesome title:)

3. nobbie

nobbie IncGamers Member

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it! ^^

4. ZappaFan

ZappaFan Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator

Great read! I found the part about the names "Adria" and "Vasily" to be particularly interesting.

5. nobbie

nobbie IncGamers Member

Yeah, what struck me here is the fact that "Vasily" is by no means a popular, let alone well-known name in the Diablo universe. Either Blizzard did a proper job by setting up that "forbidden names" database because they scanned all lore for all names, or it is indeed a hint that we'll see at least an NPC named Vasily (the Druid leader) in D3X2.

6. Cipherthros

Cipherthros IncGamers Member

Ooh I do love me some future storyline speculation. I long for the game to take us places we've never been before rather than areas from previous games. Skovos is of course one possibility hinted at in adventure mode. Part of me wonders if this is a red herring however just to add in-game flavour to the world at large. It would be interesting to go to Scosglen on the eastern continent as we've never been up there & that is a dense forest area also which is currently missing in game. As a Druid class is the obvious role that is missing from the game, this ties in nicely to going to that region in the next expansion either having the Druid class return or a splinter group of them. Coupled with Xiansai just next door and it being referenced a lot in game already (even in the achievements!) I could see that whole region being where the next game takes place with nature/nurture and dark magics being the overarching theme. Oh and a trip to hell for good measure!

7. fsj

fsj IncGamers Member

Well written piece! I like the way you're going with your speculation. I hope most of it proves to be true, particularly the druid class. Would like the idea of actually being able to go to Scosglen and for Vasily to be involved in the storyline. Judging by the length of D3X1, with it's two "main" bosses in Adria and Malthael, there is certainly room to include both Mephisto and Baal. Question is, do they put both in D3X2 or perhaps try to string it out for a D3X3?

8. TheDarkSide

TheDarkSide Clan Officer - US East Hardcore

All Hail The Lord of Construction !! Nice read and I really hope we get a druid in the next expansion....