Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Diablo 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Gorny, May 12, 2005.

1. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Diablo 3 discussion thread

With all of the threads that have been popping up about Diablo 3, It might be time fo the forum to have one thread for the Talking about D3.

All discussion should go here, as well as rumors, speculation, and general chit chat.

I'm not going to sticky this thread just yet, but will add a link to it in the Community stickies thread and put it in my signature.

I will also add links to the threads that are already out there for easy reference.

Future threads about D3 will just be merged into this one.

2. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

There are rumors about Blizzard announcing it this month. I will wait until then :p

3. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

some guy over at bnet claimed he went dumpster diving and found some crucial information lol.. something like:

ladder reset announced may 16, actual reset june 27.

diablo 3 announced or released august (i forgot which, and i cant remember the date of whichever one wasnt august).

:O i would laugh pretty hard if they announced reset onthe 16th. i would be happy too. =D

4. Gorny

Gorny Banned

There was also a rumor about that last month. :innocent:

5. krischan

That's my point. Until it happens, we will keep this thread alive with our own, self-made rumors :lol:

6. HardyTarget

HardyTarget IncGamers Member

Hopefully they'll make the trading more safe in diablo 3.
    No chances to dupe at all (is that possible?) and no needs for drop-trades.
    Maybe the item/character balance could be improved as well (from d2), no character could be 'that' much better than the other when talking about PvM.
    In my opinion, hammerdin with enigma is way too powerful, unless of course they made it so that once you level up, the difficulty slowly rises.
    I dunno, I'm hoping these improvements, what about you guys? :p

7. stkrause

stkrause IncGamers Member

In fact, you can generate a system that can tell you reliably (and with that I mean mathematical proven reliability!) when an item is duped and who duped it, thus creating a real dupe-save environment.
    But unforunately, this would require a good amount of strong crypto, and I cant think of a server that could handle it :rolleyes:. So you have to find a balance between security and scalability, which can be quite hard. So I'm not very optimistic in that matter :(

*stkrause

8. Legend_Defender

Legend_Defender IncGamers Member

I hope they make a safe house/storage house for each character

I remember when they showed screen shots of a storage house type screen for characters to put the good stuff that they find/earn - I hope they incorporate this in D3 cos I hate the whole mule thing that goes on.....and it makes it far too difficult/risky to keep items if you don't have 2 computers.....also if they are going to bring out D3 it really has some catching up to do to compete with what is going on with this type of game across in the Bioware camp....Neverwinter Nights is pretty much taking over what D2 should/could have become like.....but in saying this I still like Blizzard Studios for their development and style in which they create games so I believe that they can learn and redeem themselves for D3 for its replayability stakes.....

9. I-bring-realm-down

I-bring-realm-down Banned

The main problem for me is that the guys who made D2 are no longer here. For example, Red ALert was an excellent game, then the guy who made it left and EA took over, making generals. Now generals is a good game, however is not nearly as good as red alert was in its day. Having said that, D3 may be a good game, but if it is better than D2, I'd be surprised.

10. zirilion

zirilion IncGamers Member

yo dudes look what i just found
    not all of you might have seen this but heh
    look at:

www.diabloii.net

closer to the middle there is a d3 site created (domain name) and a d3 mp3 track recorded

As it IS posted by Elly (mod) i think we can hope that this is true

hopefully youll get the same page as i do :p

11. zirilion

thats what i thought
    shame i didnt see it earlier
    it might have made my day better then :p

12. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Looks like someone is planning ahead.......

13. Arbedark

Arbedark IncGamers Member

BUT, as is said, Companies often buy domains years in advance!

So we could still be in for a long wait.

Personally im not too sure if D3 is actually being worked on atm, Since it will gain little revenue for Blizz (no monthly fee, but will need free servers), and i think there will be a lot of competition for RPG's soonish.

But thats just my view.

Arb

14. zirilion

hmm what do you mean..................

or is that a joke?

15. ahcw

ahcw IncGamers Member

I'd be willing to bet that if Bliz did make D3, we'd have to pay to play. Not as much as WoW or other MMORPG's, but a small fee to help with the servers. It wouldn't bother me much either way, but that's just my guess.

16. krischan

I'm waiting for a reaction from Decebal who was 100% convinced that they would announce it at E3. They haven't... now what ? :p

17. greatrambino1981

greatrambino1981 IncGamers Member

One thing I would like to see in D3 (aside from no hacks and such) is a dual class system for characters. Not necessarily using the existing classes, but making new hybrids. Like an assassin with barb combat skills. Or a monk class healer/hand to hand fighting. I'm sure there are builds out that can accomodate this kind of stuff but they are never quite right. What other hybrid chars can you all think of? Also, I hope it's not P2P.

18. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

that would be cool. like using different skill trees on different char. you could kinda customize.

maybe there could be like a totally customized character with some kind of disadvantage, like automatic 30 less res or 300 less life and mana or something.

=o

19. lCE

lCE IncGamers Member

Thats just silly, if d3 is ever released, it will break all records for copies sold. Show me 1 person who played d2 for more than a week who wouldnt buy it :D

20. vdzele

vdzele IncGamers Member

How about making a sticky thread with a title: Their will not be any D3 or make a forum with that name? I Also think that famous email from a Czech musician was :teeth: