Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Diablo 2 target line HELP PLEASE!

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by flicker15, Mar 13, 2004.

1. flicker15

flicker15 IncGamers Member

Diablo 2 target line HELP PLEASE!

me and a friend made new chars and we made it to act 5. We would like to level a little faster so we are trying to find the command that u can add into the target line to make it so there are a lot of monsters in frigid highland and the few other places cause we remember it from previous versions. If someone could be kind enough to tell me what the -" " is I would be very happy. (I thought it was something like -10K but didnt work >.<)

thx in advance

2. Shadow_247

Shadow_247 IncGamers Member

AFAIK, this is the most complete listing of command line parameters. Maybe something in there will spark your memory. (-seed perhaps?)

3. flicker15

well i tried -seed and -seed 10 and -seed 100 and it didnt work, possibly im still missing somehting

4. flicker15

bump for more info

5. alainpp66

alainpp66 IncGamers Member

I would've responded but someone in this thread has broken the rules.

6. flicker15

ummm, what rule o.o
    cause i bumped the thread?
    or because of the fact that we're talking about the -seed thing

7. Shadow_247

The bump. It's bad enough that you PM'd me 5 minutes after my response asking for another, but you had to go and do a thing like bumping when your thread was just 2 down.

If this is BNET, then it won't work. If it's TCPIP, it may not work either. That's all the help I can offer, and believe me, it's more than you have earned.

8. Icarus

Icarus IncGamers Member

the -seed value doesnt work online. i'm pretty sure it was disabled in the final version of 1.1 even in single player.

9. flicker15

A) im sorry for breaking any rules or being hastey but I was in a hurry

B) last time i was on these forums was in august-september....if u didnt bump every few minutes you'd be on 2cd page in no time

C) I wasnt sure if you were gonna check back on this thread since you already thought you had answered it

and lastly I do realize I did something wrong but is there any REAL reason that either of you to have to get mad? True I didnt read the rules like I shouldve, True I did do something against the rules, False it is really hurting you that I typed "bump" and was excited about a new palidan I had made....havnt you ever been? I thought this was the point of the game, to have fun

Once again im sorry for all inconvenicies (or however u spell that o_O) but I think that im more sorry that you guys got that upset about such a small thing.

(P.S. thanks a lot for the info everyone gave me, we really appreciated the helpful parts of this thread)

10. Shadow_247

I was angered, and I apologize for that, and I wouldn't go so far as to say alain was mad - he was far more polite than I. As you said they were just small things, but if we had everyone bumping and PMing i'm sure you could see how it would add up. Besides what are rules good for if no one is obeying them? Again, I am sorry, I always try to come back to a thread to see if my answer was satisfactory - I'll try to make my rounds a bit faster in the future.

11. alainpp66

My main goal was to bring your attention to the rules. The only way I could do that was to respond in that fashion.

If I had done the same thing, but given you an answer, the majority of people wouldn't have paid much attention and next time they'd just bump again.

It's very frustrating to see that kind of behaviour... it pushes other threads and questions down which are just as important as yours. (I see it Very often when looking around and Many people just don't care about the rules. That's 1 small way to Make them care. If they don't respect them, they don't receive answers)

Now all that said... I wasn't mad. Just wanted to make sure you took that little piece of advice.

-seed 10 doesn't work in 1.10

You can always try the "/Players X" command on TCP/IP or SP which makes monsters harder yet gives more exp. (Re-creates more people in the game)

When in game, just press ENTER to open the dialog box.
    Type: /players 8
    ENTER

You'll get a confirmation message of "Players set to X".
    X being the number you set it to.
    And it will set it to an 8 player game. It can be done with any number up to 8.

12. gismo

gismo IncGamers Member

I believe the command is -act5

13. alainpp66

Act5 just starts you with a char in A5 (Lvl30, I believe) with no gear.

14. skilledlord

skilledlord IncGamers Member

i dun get it, wat is this seed thing? does it work in single player?

15. Icarus

Icarus IncGamers Member

-seed used to work in the beta, but they took it out in the final version. what it did was it spawned huge amounts of monsters in every area of the game. huge amounts being the whole screen being literally filled with monsters.

16. OldSkoolGamer

OldSkoolGamer IncGamers Member

17. Quest For Glory

Quest For Glory Banned

Flicker15, if you're asking for powerlevelling, runedrop (don't get itemdrop) or expanded stash mod or something - just pay Planetdiablo.com/Phrozenkeep a visit - if they don't have it, it doesn't exist. If you don't have knowledge on packing/unpacking the patch_d2.mpq and/or editing the game config files, I'll try and help you the best I can, that stuff is just fun. Give me a pm, I'll compile in a number of your modifications of choice, to the limit of my knowledge on the matter. The Phrozenkeep have raw plugins mostly, but they do host some great final mods also - meanwhile, they're displaying some great tutorials on modmaking too, go on have a look, it's great fun !

18. flicker15

well thx all for the help, and im sorry i got so mad myself....

Acctually i am playing one of phrozen keeps mods now, Eastern Sun, its hella fun :p

again thx for all the help

19. Tao_of_Xero

Tao_of_Xero IncGamers Member

does anyone know if the -multiclient thing works on bnet? I've tried adding it to my target line,and creating a seperate,differently named shortcut for D2,but can still get only one copy to load. I keep seeing references to Onlyer's site and a "game loader" but isn't that a third party program?

20. Quest For Glory

Quest For Glory Banned

Requires a third party program.