Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Diablo 2 Patch 1.14a releases

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Elly, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Elly

Elly Administrator

[​IMG]

[​IMG]Yes that's right, the title reads Diablo 2. Blizzard has released a new patch for Diablo 2 taking the classic to version 1.14a.

It’s been a long time coming, but today we’re releasing 1.14a for Diablo II.

This update focuses on system glitches introduced by modern operating systems. In related news, you can finally retire those old Mac PowerPCs. Included with the update is a shiny new installer for OSX.

We’ve also begun working to improve our cheat-detection and hack-prevention capabilities. There’s still work to be done, but we’re making improvements every day.

There is still a large Diablo II community around the world, and we thank you for continuing to play and slay with us. This journey starts by making Diablo II run on modern platforms, but it does not end there. See you in Sanctuary, adventurers.

The patch has not appeared on the manual download page yet but keep an eye out. You can join the Diablo 2 community in out D2 forums.
    Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

2. fmulder

fmulder Site Contributor

Awesome news. Can we have a share stash please :)

3. mortuus

mortuus Diablo: IncGamers Member

so they gonna wipe out all duped items and runes ? 99% of all items are not legit anyways... why would they care now all years they didnt do shit before d3 ???

4. T2000

T2000 IncGamers Member

I played first Diablo last couple of weeks, now i'm level 17 warrior, half way through normal difficulty.

5. nurman

nurman IncGamers Member

"Wow, it's ****ing nothing"

6. kestegs

kestegs D3 Monk Moderator

This doesn't seem worthy of moving from the 1.13 sequence to the 1.14 sequence.

7. sicilian

sicilian IncGamers Member

I'd probably still be playing D2 fairly regularly if they added 2 things:

1) A shared stash so I don't have to muck around with mules

2) Pick up gold by walking over it.

8. softshack

softshack IncGamers Member

Wide screen patch puleeese!

9. D jr

D jr IncGamers Member

Cheers!

10. Titikaka

Titikaka IncGamers Member

Diablo 2 is a very good game, I play it every now and then. What I would like them to add is shared stash like others have mentioned and the /players command or something similar to work in multiplayer games. I prefer singleplayer due to the /players command since you can farm 8 player games alone if you feel like it, I would play on Bnet if the same was possible there.

11. jamesL

jamesL IncGamers Member

no kidding ---

"This update focuses on system glitches introduced by modern operating systems." --- XP is NOT a modern operating system

---
    XP is dead -- has been for a long time -- Vista came out over 9 years ago -- then Win 7, then Win 8, then win 8.1 and now Win 10

12. Silverfang

Silverfang IncGamers Member

A market share of 11,24% in February ain't something I'd call 'being dead' ... Just sayin'

13. jamesL

jamesL IncGamers Member

Internet Explorer 6 had a ridiculously high market share for ages -- old people who didn't know better and businesses that had custom apps for it -- but most savvy people just used it to download Firefox -- just because something has a decent market share doesn't mean anything

14. fledgeling

fledgeling IncGamers Member

Whoa, nice. Hopefully we will be able to play in Windows10 on full screen and alt-tab freely.

15. Valeli

Valeli IncGamers Member

... and in 2016, despite continued support, the D/A/E bug remains as firmly in place as ever.

Awesome.

In all seriousness (well, the above complaint is serious, actually - I've always been incredibly annoyed by how badly that bug cripples attempts to make a Fend Amazon) I did play D2 a bit recently. It didn't really take again though. Someone above talked about picking up gold by walking over it, and that's just such a huge quality of life improvement it's hard to go back. Personally though, I really feel like most of the builds I'm interested in trying I've tried, by now. I never got my zod, but I just don't have the interest to create a porting sorceress to spam kurast chests just for the sake of saying I finally got a zod.

Good game though. I wouldn't put it past me to come back and try for that zod one last time someday, if it's ever rainy outside and I'm feeling bored.

16. RadTang

RadTang IncGamers Member

Also, 1.14a destroys saves (?). Had a folder with saves (the normal one, default d2) and now I lost it ! It was available until now (updated yesterday). Now, I can't mule items in single player :(

17. T2000

T2000 IncGamers Member

From patch notes: "First client run will migrate saved characters to avoid issues from Windows system admin changes".
    You can find it in directory "Users\<user name>\Saved Games\"

18. RadTang

RadTang IncGamers Member

Thanks! Haven't read the patch notes thoroughly. Also, haven't got any problems with the old settings.

19. MakeLoveNotDupe

MakeLoveNotDupe IncGamers Member

Great patch! Very few in-game spam bots are back and annoying mercenary bugs
    Act I mercenary's name
    http://i645.photobucket.com/albums/uu173/diablo2lod/Lord%20of%20Destruction/Screenshots/06%20Miscellaneous/05%20Hirelings/H005.jpg~original
    Act II mercenary's name
    http://i645.photobucket.com/albums/uu173/diablo2lod/Lord%20of%20Destruction/Screenshots/06%20Miscellaneous/05%20Hirelings/H004.jpg~original

20. RadTang

RadTang IncGamers Member

Try updating it over the Battlenet. Just click the Battlenet button in the main menu :) You don't have to go further - game will autoupdate and then you will be presented with battlenet login screen from which you can exit now to main menu.