Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Diablo 2 lod crashing all the time

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by Midnight_Cowboy, Mar 16, 2004.

1. Midnight_Cowboy

Midnight_Cowboy IncGamers Member

Diablo 2 lod crashing all the time

Im running Diablo 2 Lod, 1.10 in windows xp, and ever since i wiped my computer clean and reinstalled everything Diablo 2 keeps crashing on battlenet, with and "unhandled exception error" or something like that.

This was never a problem when i played 1.09
    but i remember back then i had a nice little program or cfg file or something that allowed me to play the game without diablo needing to read from the CD except when starting up the game, this speeded up my playing alot, alas i have not been able to find anything similar since the new 1.10 patch

wondering if any of you have a confirmed link to something similar, or any other experience with frequent game crashing that might help me out.

Im playing on a 2ghz hp laptop with a decent graphic card, and i played 1.09 just fine, so i think its either problems with reading the game cd or some driver failure, but what do i know?

plz help :scratch: :scratch:

2. ZeroUnderOne

ZeroUnderOne IncGamers Member

Not sure if this helps but, I experience this problem when norton auto scans in the background or when i take the cd out. Hasn't happened in a while though, I try to keep the comp defraged and updated as much as possible.

3. Hoyunah

Hoyunah IncGamers Member

Same for me but sometimes it happens so many times and other times it doesnt happen at all. It really annoying because it sometimes happens when im mfing and wut if something nice dropped and i jus left game. That *** suck :(

4. Talon0835

Talon0835 IncGamers Member

I don't have exactly what you're talking about but you can basically burn your CD onto your hard drive therefore not having to read from the CD at all. Granted, this takes away like 700 MBs of free space on your HD.

5. ZeroUnderOne

ZeroUnderOne IncGamers Member

Have u burned the cd onto your comp? And if so, do u notice a difference in you frame skip or fps?

6. Yavanna

Yavanna IncGamers Member

I have a laptop with similar specs to yours. I might try loading DIILoD on there and see if similar things happen on a TCP/IP line (I can't log on to Bnet; it has no modem. Don't ask).

7. xKurupT

xKurupT IncGamers Member

if your not playing in window mode its hard to know what is causing it.... as when d2 crashes a pop up comes but u have to alt tab at the same time or it will completely freeze your comp... play in window mode and see if an error comes up... i sometimes get an d2 exception message or soemthing that causes the game to close.. go to shortcut properties and go to the part that linkes to the exe file and outside the " add a -w to make it play in a window

8. th5418

th5418 Banned

I went onto the battl.net site and it has to do with your video drivers.