Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Diablo 2 isn't working

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by TzonZev, Oct 6, 2006.

1. TzonZev

TzonZev IncGamers Member

Diablo 2 isn't working

When I insert the disc to play- it feeds me some rubbish on how I have insufficient privilages or something like that. I think this has something to do with the administrator settings. Have any ideas? What should I do?

2. bruticus

bruticus IncGamers Member

you need to be logged into your machine as the administrator (or a user with administrator privileges) to install new software.

do you know the administrator password for your machine?! that might help =)

3. SirDooFuss

SirDooFuss IncGamers Member

Yeah, contact your administrator. It sounds like you are on a network where the "administrator" wants all software installations to go through him. Are you at work, school, dorms or home? Either way, the "administrator" or somebody with administrator priveledges will have to do the install.

4. TzonZev

TzonZev IncGamers Member

The eternal struggle...

My apologies- I have not quite explained the problem in detail: The software for Diablo 2 and it’s expansion: Lord of destruction, has successfully been installed and successfully runs under the administrator, but will not run under my user. And whenever I try to play the game under my user this window pops up:

[​IMG]
    http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l312/hagios17/PROBLEM.jpg

My mom prefers me playing the game under my user, but I cant at the moment. If this has something to do with the privileges, does anyone know how to change them so I can play the game under my user? Or does this have to do with something else?

Thanks for your replies,

TzonZev