Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

***Diablo 2 Darwin Awards***

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Cyric16, Jan 29, 2004.

1. Cyric16

Cyric16 IncGamers Member

***Diablo 2 Darwin Awards***

Have you visited www.darwinawards.com yet? Have you ever died in a humorous/silly/stupid way in Diablo 2? Did you wish there was a thread where you could post your fantastic death for all to see and laugh at?

WELL YOUR PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED!!!

(drumroll please) Weeeelcome to the Diablo 2 DaRwIn AwArdS ThreAd!

w00t! Post away compadres!

D2 :xx: D2X
    l33t Deathz

2. Dazuni

Dazuni IncGamers Member

Here is two for PVP.

A chargerdin charged at my necro and I block his attack. Point blank range with 125% cast rate bone spirited him, my cast rate is faster then his recovery rate. On dead paladin.

A mage fireballing everything that moves and hostile all player in game. I teleport right next to her and cast a BP trapping me and her. I BS her to dead (125 fcr) when she try to find her teleport key.

3. Xenon[XoA]

Xenon[XoA] Banned

I got killed by a trap.

4. Epy

Epy IncGamers Member

Even if it hasn't happened to me yet, it would be funny to be killed by the explosion of the corpse of the dead cow in Tristram

5. Dredd

Dredd D3 Off Topic Moderator

:lol: That would be a good one! I wonder what it would say ... "Blahblah has been killed by a trap"? It would be hilarious if it said something to the effect of "Blahblah has been slain by a Dead Cow".

6. DarkHelmet

DarkHelmet IncGamers Member

After killing mephisto, running to his corpse to collect the rewards when all of a sudden... "whatshisname has been slain by an evil force"

7. p1nhead9000

p1nhead9000 IncGamers Member

I'm pretty sure it takes a % of your life, so you couldn't get killed by it.

My HC bow pally (lvl 40) was in a Baal run game and someone hostiled the party. Everyone went to town and I was trying to trade with this guy. We get into a conversation and he suggests killing baal, since we only got up to lister. Without thinking, I go into the tp. I didn't even see the paladin that hit me, and it only took one charge, since I was weak and didn't have a shield. You shouldn't play with fire...

8. BellaHella

BellaHella IncGamers Member

i think everyone who just just rushes into an area and starts whacking away without any strategy and then dies and begs for TPs deserves a Darwin Award, but that's just me...

my merc and i were killing a cold enchanted unique monster last night, and had gotten him down to almost-dead when i stupidly noticed that my health was really low, too. one well placed hit from my merc and BAM! all three of us bite the dust. :lol: oops.

9. HippityHoppity

HippityHoppity IncGamers Member

Well i was in a hell game in outer cloister... going to wait for d clone.. so i get there theres an immune to magic summon guy tht revives the devil kin. so im like alrite... ill use charge on him (having 1 point in so i can get oly sheild) it was about lvl 16.. using my wizard spike.. so im charging away killing him.. then my guy.. he just kinda stops floating in mid air and he can't move.. so all the devil kin are just wacking away.... and im like dangit lemme cast a spell.. then a crusher tht big rocky guy comes outa no where and just kills me in 1 hit..

10. simplyLost

simplyLost IncGamers Member

... 2 words.. suicidal Paladin...

-Lost

11. Vizier

Vizier IncGamers Member

I think it's listed as a trap, but I've been killed by it several times throughout the years when not paying attention and low on health.

12. spidrman

spidrman IncGamers Member

I have seen somebody killed by the dead cow in Tristram. It was a low level char getting rushed in Nightmare and they clicked the cow on accident I think.

Once a lvl 40 or so Zon of mine was hostiled by a lvl 30 something Barb. My zon was not a PvP char but I said what the hell and went out to meet him. The dork tried to Leap Attack me from completely accross the screen. I managed to get off three guided arrows while he was in mid air. The arrows kept tracking him back and forth until he landed. It was a crash landing. He died on impact ... :)

Funny thing is he actually tried the same stoopid tactic about three more times.

13. skihard

skihard Banned

I kicked a barrel right after finishing off a boss pack and it killed my 47k gold merc. Only had to sell a couple magic armors to get him back but still I should have healed him first.

14. Vizier

Vizier IncGamers Member

I was playing my midlevel hydrasorc in a hell game one evening when another hydra/TS sorc joins and hostiles my party just before she suddenly appears at the wp nearby. We were busy killing stuff at the time and didn't have much of a chance to do anything so everyone else fell to her Thunderstorm/orb at about the same time, while I was last to go down. But, while she is grabbing my gold, karma strikes. Totally unexpectedly, one of my hydras left behind takes her out in one hit and she drops all the gold she had been collecting from everyone else. While we were jumping through the wp just ahead of the sorc to grab bodies and take her on, I made sure she wasn't going to do a repeat. So I cast hydras around the wp and waited (naked) just out of her TS range. We were rewarded with her gold yet again, a few seconds later. And like a Darwin idiot she repeated this THREE MORE times before leaving our game with most of her gold behind. Too bad this wasn't hardcore or it would have been sweet the first time through.

15. Fearox

Fearox IncGamers Member

I've died by one of the mages in Achmel's pack. Achmel's poison hade taken my life down to 1 and I thought "No way I'm gonna spend a full rejuv when I can get some healing in town!". But the bastard got me when I was on the way to the tp.

16. Yavanna

Yavanna IncGamers Member

Someone set a Blood Golem on my (brother's borrowed) Paladin once. I just turned Thorns on. He didn't have brains enough to unsummon the Golem, just let it hit me and hit me and hit me...

17. psychotron

psychotron IncGamers Member

i actually did that on a rush in hell with my sorc to see what it says.. took a screenshot and it says "xxxx was slain by a trap"

here's a few other good ones
    i had a char that was killed by fire

while i was giving a rush, after coldworm(act 2 maggot lair) my lvl 87 zon got poisoned. i didn't see any jars so i moved to try to get set for a tp... unfortunately.. i didn't see the trapped urn that was were i clicked.. slain by trap

one of the best was when one of my freinds was doing a meph run at my place with his zon.. he kills maffer, and sets a tp.. me and another friend distract him for just a second.. that second was all the blood lord needed to send a meteor his way... and just as he was going to go through the tp the meteor hit. dead zon

18. Unholy_Carnage

Unholy_Carnage IncGamers Member

How about getting charge locked in a full duel game? As soon as you utter "****" everyone comes down on you like a storm since you they know you cant attack.

Sometimes when im rushing i prefer to stand in the fire and die just for the insults. Then when they insult me i leave. Its such a funny pattern, but they never learn.

The people who should win the top award should be people like this:

Affore mentioned people: **** i got scammed!
    Me: how....
    People: i was trading!
    Me: for?
    People: an anni

Those people are easily the stupidest people that walk this earth.

19. Greengoo

Greengoo IncGamers Member