Diablo 2 BETA screenshots

sighh

Diabloii.Net Member
Diablo 2 BETA screenshots

Seeing these, I'm not worried at all concerning Diablo III. Blizzard games are known for looking nothing like the final product in the very early stages.

Bad Ash

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Diablo 2 BETA screenshots

lol...awesome. Lets hope people will see this and relax a lil

Rashiminos

Diabloii.Net Member

Starcraft in pre-alpha looked very similar in design to warcraft II. Then they bashed it apart until it looked completely different...

raveharu

Diabloii.Net Member

Good one dude.

I hope people will stop making complain threads. Pretty annoying.

Even at first glimpse, D3 already looks fantastic.Imagine the end product :jig:

tuxor

Diabloii.Net Member

However, you'll notice that the actual in-game picture stayed almost exactly the same, it was just the UI that was..."interesting."

raveharu

Diabloii.Net Member

However, you'll notice that the actual in-game picture stayed almost exactly the same, it was just the UI that was..."interesting."
That's because no-one was complaining about the graphics in-game.
It was like, godly at that time compared to most of the other games and Diablo.

Mivo

Diabloii.Net Member

Well, the actual game graphics looks pretty much like the finished product. But I actually liked the D3 preview videos -- I like the style, the effects, the animations. So I'm not worried either way. :)

aSimpleFear

Diabloii.Net Member

Uh I joined a diablo 2 clan over a year before the game was released. Diablo 2 didn't even look that much better than diablo1 in the screenshots and i literally counted down the days until release for 6 months. The new screenshots/video of diablo 3 looks incredible to me, but hopefully this eases the naysayers somewhat.

Seeing this new game literally made me nearly piss my pants (read more below), it also had the effect of making me finally join this forum.

I've continuously been checking diabloii.net since v1.10 of diablo2 was released looking for any information on diablo3. I had come to the conclusion that it would never come to pass (due to rumours) and haven't visited diabloii.net for about a month. When i came here today and saw all the diablo3 stuff I thought it was an april fools joke or like july1st joke. When i watched the trailer my excitement was incredible.

I'm a 22 year old man who won't be able to sleep for a month because of how excited i am for this upcoming title.

BTW anyone want to form a clan??? It's tradition to join a clan before a diablo game is released :D.

raveharu

Diabloii.Net Member

Clans?

I'm pretty sure the guild system would be integrated into D3.
It's time we change the word "clan" to Guild.

aSimpleFear

Diabloii.Net Member

fine we can call it a guild all you want. But I've always hated the word 'guild'. Besides the further this game can stay away from WoW the better. 'Clan' always felt more appropriate to me in the Diablo universe.

My point is stop whining (naysaying community) and start cracking open some beers, we've got a year of time to pass (give or take) before this game is released and the only way I'm going to survive a wait that long is completely hammered.

BattleWhack

Diabloii.Net Member

Jesus, you're right.... I need to start looking for a clan.

EDIT: Clan, Guild, whatever, it's the same ****. I mean hell, in Eve Online (the only other game I'm addicted to) they're called "Corporations".

Last edited:

Apocalypse

Diabloii.Net Member

I'm a 22 year old man who won't be able to sleep for a month because of how excited i am for this upcoming title.

thats sad when you think about it. i myself am 29 and just like d2 i am already obsessed with this game. it bothers me cause i remember how bad it was pre d2. i mean i loved alot of it and the people i met but the pain of not playing the game and how it seemed to take forever to finally launch just killed me, not sure how i can handle being crazed over this game for another 2 years

Dacar92

Moderator: Community, D2 Zon, DH, Inc Clan Officer

Those pics are pretty cool. Thanks for posting them. Having played classic D2 I can see where it all started from.

Someday we'll be talking about classic D3. Imagine how many changes there are going to be between the release date and an expansion. Imagine how many changes there will be between now and release. I am not worried, except there had better be a bow wielding class.

yukisho

Diabloii.Net Member

Lol I went out a bought D2 because of the rumors of D3, then it was announced and I'm still only level 40 since I can't stop re-reading and looking at the pictures of D3 over and over. I would like content patches though for D3. After doing the same **** over and over again in D2 it gets boring and fast.

Last edited:

Mivo

Diabloii.Net Member

It's actually funny how D2 suddenly starts to sell really well again -- I noticed it in my vendor's sales charts. :) I re-installed it the other day, too (had my SP chars backuped up). Didn't need to buy it, still had my two sets (second one was a backup if I ever lost my first set -- yeah, pretty addicted for some time!).