Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Diablo 2 Babes

Discussion in 'Fan Creations: Art, Music, Wallpapers, Fiction' started by z00t, Aug 29, 2010.

1. z00t

z00t IncGamers Member

Diablo 2 Babes

I just did some fanart of the chicks of Diablo 2 :]. They're a little rough around the edges, but I hope you folks like them, anyway.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
  2. Apocalypse

Apocalypse IncGamers Member

Re: Diablo 2 Babes

dear god the assassin is about to bust out

3. z00t

z00t IncGamers Member

I gotta say that I'm kinda sad that this is the only reply so far :p. Is this forum really that dead? D:

Apocalypse, I think everyone who posts art in a forum either expects positive comments (which is typically acknowledged as food for artists), or constructive criticism (like vegetables - not as pleasant to eat but good for you).

Whether or not you intended it as such, I think that most people in my position would interpret your comment as derogatory. It also makes it frustrating to reply to - how am I supposed to respond to a comment like that? By saying 'thanks'? : |

Imagine if you'd just painted the Mono Lisa or something, and you show it to someone and all they tell you is that the woman in the picture is ugly. Wouldn't you feel frustrated? It's not a comment which is critiquing the artwork (because you may not have intended for the woman in the picture to be particularly attractive), but it's not saying anything positive about it either.

4. Apocalypse

i gotta be honest i didnt think mine would be the only reply also lol. being that it was it really makes the comment stand out and come off as bad. i dont think they are bad at all it is always nice to see the old girls (minus the assassin i never liked her) again.

5. Thrakhath

Thrakhath IncGamers Member

This would probably have had a lot more replies in the Diablo II forum, the DIII forums probably won't be that active until after Blizcon.

Nice pictures :)

6. Valhauros

Valhauros IncGamers Member

I wouldn't think of Apoc's comment as derogatory... you made the women in the drawing quite voluptuous, with an obvious focus on your general perception of sexual attractiveness (which I can't deny I partially agree with)... also, It does seem those two little strings in the Assassin's cloth might be resilient enough to hold the weight and pressure of her ample bosom.

Also, would you like the regular food or the vegetables?

7. Millipede

Millipede IncGamers Member

are you serious????? YOURE the one who drew her with the huge knockers!!

8. GoldenBird

GoldenBird IncGamers Member

Gotta agree with above. I mean, you kinda sex-ified them by like 999%. It doesn't help that this isn't really the type of forum that supports sex-ified images. It would probably be more appreciated for a more fruity game, like WoW (*cough* night elves *cough*).

9. z00t

z00t IncGamers Member

Oh sure, now people show up, but only after they let me make a fool of myself first :p.

Goldenbird's reply is exactly the sort of reason why it's perfectly reasonable to interpret Apocalypse's reply as an insult. It's one thing to acknowledge 'huge knockers' as Millipede puts it, but it's another to come off as disapproving of it.

I knew that there might be folks who dislike a little cheesecake, but whenever I don't feel compelled to say anything positive about someone's artwork, I never make a reply just to say I don't like it! That's just rude. I mean, who the heck on any civilised forum does that?

What's even more inexplicable is how after I reply to Apoc's comment, explaining that I dislike it when people show up only to say they dislike someone's artwork, Goldenbird shows up and does just that!

Thanks though, Apoc, Valhauros, and Thrakhath. You guys are cool but it's just too saddening to see almost every post be related to some extent about whether or not Apoc's comment was insulting, so I'm pretty much ready to give up on this thread :p. Maybe it's just an indication that almost everyone here really does just disapprove of the art, and would rather not say anything at all :p.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2010
  10. Flux

Flux Administrator

acknowledge "huge knockers" but come off as disapproving? You might be reading a bit too deeply into comments on your art.

My first reaction was that the Amazon could star in Sir Mixalot's infamous video, cause DAMN! But that's not exactly a compliment or an insult; just an observation.

I like the art, and it's cool to see new art. And yes, this forum has been way down on participation with not really any new visuals /art from Blizzard since like, last August. I'm sure it'll pick up after blizzcon, and then as we get closer to beta/release.

You consider doing female versions of the D2 chars? It would be interesting to see a girlcromancer, or female paladin or druid.

11. Apocalypse

i just wanna say that apoc does infact approve of huge knockers

12. Millipede

Millipede IncGamers Member

i still dont see where youre seeing dissapproval in the comment. especially when you read it like:

DAAAAMN GIIIRRRRRL! yous bout ta bust outta dat!

sorry about that...... its not that i dont like the artwork.. i love huge knockers. just not on disney characters (thats what the style reminds me of.)

13. djfriesen

djfriesen IncGamers Member

My 2 cents:

You titled the thread "Diablo 2 Babes," and then seem to be offended by people reacting to said "babes."

Seems similar to a pinup artist or photographer taking exception to people being "excited" when looking at his/her art.

Maybe it's all my head, but someone who titles his/her work in such a manner, and then shows the subject to be deserving just such a title, deserves to have people react in kind.

You sell something, but then critcize people for buying it. That's just how it seems to me.

14. z00t

z00t IncGamers Member

That's not a very good analogy - if someone buys something I made, that implies that they liked it, and I would be happy with that.

A better analogy would be a Diablo fan walking into a Warcraft store, calling everything "cartoony", and then leaving. 'Cartoony' is exactly how Blizzard themselves have described WoW's style, but depending on the tone of the person in question, it's easy to interpret it as a derogatory comment (and it often is, in the Diablo community).

Of course, I know in hindsight that Apoc's comment wasn't meant as an insult. He explained that I misinterpreted his comment, and I explained why it was that I misinterpreted it. That should have been the end of it. I don't get why so many people are turning up in this thread which previously had no replies just to troll me. =/

It also makes me frustrated because the thread's so derailed that there's pretty much no more chance of it returning to the intended topic.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2010
  15. Colossus

Colossus IncGamers Member

i editted my post. it was too honest.
    This might be good. who knows. its not my style. not my type of art. im more of a.. i actually dont have a style.
    anyways, im not a big fan of these drawings. its like watching a leaf with a sticker on it. you know something is up, but you are so neutral about it that it would take alot of effort to locate something less interesting. good or bad. neither. just there.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2010
  16. Holyknight3000

Holyknight3000 D3 Fan Creations Forum Moderator

From what I see here is fan art, and what i also see is a handful of people who have a problem with this artists drawings. Also those said people trolling aren't helping.

Guys criticism good or bad to a point is ok, but trolling the guy; come on. I've had my trolls on my wallpaper series but this. Just stop it.

I like the artwork. It's fan art for a reason. It's someone else's take into the diablo world. Personally would like to see the rest of the characters later myself. If people have a problem with that get over it now.

17. djfriesen

djfriesen IncGamers Member

over and out. for good, i guess.

18. oeath

oeath IncGamers Member

Well I am just going to ignore all the other comments and say this:
    I quite enjoyed the artwork above, although the cheekbones of the sorc make her look a touch strange, mabye a bit manly I loved the stances each of them are in and the expression on the assassins face is really well done.
    Good job z00t :)

Also please note I am in no way an artist at all, just saying how I viewed them :)

19. buddah

buddah IncGamers Member

Well as humorous pictures they work somewhat well, I thought they were intended as such. Other than that, they are kinda ridiculous due to their over-over-over sexualized fashion.
    If you want comment on the techical aspect of the drawings instead of the content, as you said they are rough around the edges but nice drawings still! lol

20. BodyMovin

BodyMovin IncGamers Member

I like the cartoony look of the Sorc, but I must say the Amazon's butt doesn't quite look anatomically correct even for its ample size. I prescribe more internet butt research.