Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Diablo 2 Affix Guide

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by TopHatCat64, Nov 18, 2016.

1. TopHatCat64

TopHatCat64 Diabloii.Net Member

Hello SPF friends,

Since I returned to the forums a couple days ago, I've been going through the process of re-acquainting myself with the avalanche of information that this game offers.

The first step? Doing a deep dive into the arreat summit to relearn what each item has to offer. I also remembered a handy page that zarirazz put together that sorted items by affix and then ranked them. It's still up, but only on the Waybackmachine. I decided to make my own affix guide on Google Sheets to help preserve this information and to make it easier for everyone personalize this guide to their own tastes.

Here's the link: Diablo 2 Affix Guide

- I decided to only rank the universally useful affixes that everyone uses to determine breakpoints and hard stat point goals (str, IAS, FHR, etc...). If you're looking for anything else, zarirazz's page has you covered.

- I methodically went through runewords, uniques, sets, crafted, magic/rare items, runes, jewels, runes, charms on the arreat summit for each affix. Let me know if there any errors I should fix, or if I missed an item.

- In some cases I listed if a particular item's affix was unusual for it's item class (ie. Stealskull's IAS, Razortail's Pierce, etc...) Helpful for when you're trying to hit a breakpoint or squeezing just a bit more power out of your character.

- If you want to edit my guide, just copy it and change it to your heart's content

Pb_pal, Dezrok, Interdasting and 6 others like this.
  2. SunsetVista

SunsetVista Diabloii.Net Member

TopHatCat64 likes this.
  3. Xios

Xios Diabloii.Net Member

Very nice, always useful to have data categorized, I'm sure it'll be very useful for the people looking to check off all the necessary boxes.

A good reference for ranking/comparison as well.

While we're at it, I would also like to add this site here as well as I find it's a very fast way to filter through items rather than having to hop around wikis and such. Might be useful for someone who is trying to construct their character build to quickly access the other stats the item in their desired category provides.

TopHatCat64 likes this.
  4. Parapsycho

Parapsycho Diabloii.Net Member

Thanks for the links! Very Helpful

TopHatCat64 likes this.
  5. Interdasting

Interdasting Diabloii.Net Member

This is fantastic. Great work. You've done a good service to the D2 community by organizing this in an appealing and simple layout. :)

TopHatCat64 and Atratees like this.
  6. helvete

helvete Diabloii.Net Member

I don't think crafted rings can have more than 11% life leech, and maybe not amulets either.

Also, there seems to be no separate entries for fools mod nor strange mod, just combined with master's

AFAIK, the only item to spawn mana automod is orbs, so amulets and stuff shouldn't be included.

I also don't remember seeing "of memory" on amulets, but that could be just me ignoring affixes I don't find useful.

Imperfect gems seem to be ignored. This is of little relevance, of course, as twinking gear usually get jewels socketed instead of gems.

Items from previous patches also seem to be ignored, but no worries, I plan to cover that in my guide(s) when I get the time to write.

TopHatCat64 likes this.
  7. TopHatCat64

TopHatCat64 Diabloii.Net Member

@helvete: Hey there!

1. Oops, good catch there, I changed the max to 11. I never was very good at math :confused:

2. Yep, you're right. I separated those into two separate entries now

3. According to the Arreat Summit, "of memory" can spawn on amulets. Whether or not, that's actually correct...I'm not totally sure.

4. Yea, after some thought, I think i'll make separate entries for fools and weird. For magical/rare items I decided to just list the highest tier affix. Same reason why I only list perfect gems. This guide is meant more for end-game characters who have access to their entire gomule/atma inventory.

5. Yea, I'm not well-versed enough in all the changes and exceptions from the earlier patches, so I figured I'd stick with the current patch. Looking forward to your guide! :)

Thanks for the feedback!

Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
  8. pharphis

pharphis Diabloii.Net Site Pal

I have some "of memory" amulets from 1.07 (prismatic craft). Not sure if it has changed since then, though.
    proof:
    Amulet of Memory
    Item Version: Expansion
    Item Level: 60
    Fingerprint: 0x13ee4b35
    Fire Resist +23%
    Lightning Resist +33%
    Cold Resist +21%
    Poison Resist +42%
    +47 to Mana (0.5 per Character Level)

9. SunsetVista

SunsetVista Diabloii.Net Member

Checked my stash and I have one, too. I started in 1.12.

Rainbow Amulet of Memory
    Amulet
    Required Level: 15
    Fingerprint: 0xf354c37
    Item Level: 85
    Version: Expansion 1.10+
    +6 to Mana (Based on Character Level)
    All Resistances +11

10. helvete

helvete Diabloii.Net Member

Which just goes to prove that either the RNG just didn't give me one, or I just wrote that off as a useless affix =)

SunsetVista and pharphis like this.