Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Dexterity for Blocking - Table

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by KillJoyBob, Jun 9, 2005.

1. KillJoyBob

KillJoyBob IncGamers Member

Dexterity for Blocking - Table

I put together a fairly thorough "Blocking Table". This table lists the amount of Dexterity needed to achieve 75% blocking at clvl 90. It covers all the shields in the game (normal, rare, unique, set) over all character classes. I have upgrade and relevant socketing options covered as well.

I have two questions:

1. Is there such a beast already in existence (I couldn't find it in the various FAQs)?

2. I'd love to be able to post it on this forum and get some constructuve criticism. I have the table both in M/S Excel and HTML formats. Aside from posting it on a another website and linking it here, is there a way of displaying large tables (97 rows and 18 columns) in a post?

2. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

many guides for different character build has one. However, if you make one, you not only have to cover it for all different shields, you have to cover it for each char as well. Good luck!

3. KillJoyBob

It is already done! :D

I'd like to know how to go about posting it in a thread.

4. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Someone created a "dexfinder" calculator for max block where you just entered block bonus (shield block + other block items) and clvl and it told you right away how much dex was needed. It's actually posted right here on this site, under "new files" on www.diabloii.net

5. KillJoyBob

This table is somewhat different. First, there is no application to download. Second, all the information is on a single table for comparison.

Anyone know how to display a large table in a post?

6. Generator Of Chaos

Generator Of Chaos IncGamers Member

Host it somewhere, than put the URL between

7. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

edt: nvm.. posted something that i thought was true.. but turned out to be not.

8. Oscuro

Oscuro IncGamers Site Pal

Here's a graph that I made earlier, it gives a quick visual of how blocking is affected by clvl, block%, and dexterity. The x axis (blocking) should include all sources of block%, including the shield itself, holy shield, and items such as guardian angel which grant increased blocking. The rest should be fairly clear. It's not detailed enough in this form to give exact numbers, but it's a good way of estimating how much dex or blocking you will need.

[​IMG]

9. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

I still swear to the calc on the front page. It gives the exact number just as quick as you can enter your block% and your clvl.