Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Dexterity and strength amounts on werewolves

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Demppa, Mar 22, 2005.

1. Demppa

Demppa IncGamers Member

Dexterity and strength amounts on werewolves

I haven't really made any druids before, so I must ask your help now. How much dexterity and strength do werewolf (feral rage/fury) druids need?
    My style to play is not to do a lot of mf runs or to mule items so I can't do much planning on the items I will use.

Thanks for any help
    -Demppa

2. Beowulf

Beowulf IncGamers Member

I am guessing pvm? If so enough str and dex for your weapon and since things like an ik maul is excellent dury weapon you would almost no dex. If you really want to use a shield and might pvp then enough dex to max your block.

3. Demppa

Demppa IncGamers Member

right, PvM with 2H weapon.

4. Tor

Tor IncGamers Member

pvm i suggest all out strength and minimal dex and vit

get around a 5 fpa or 4 fpa weapon

ebotd great pole axe. ik maul with ed/ias + XXXXX

get lots of lifeleech and pretty much anything you kill will leech back your life (you should have around 3k with oak sage)

my 09 fury wolf does this in 1.10 and it still mows down act 5 hell people

2x 11% ll rings, 8% string of ears, charge up a feral rage and im set. 3k damage fury with an ik maul and it basically leechs my life back in 2-3 hits

5. Demppa

Demppa IncGamers Member

Minimal vitality? Well, I use heart of volverine so I save some points to vitality.. But no added dex sounds good. Is there any good weapons that are easier to find than IK maul that require no dex?

6. te500cdt

te500cdt IncGamers Member

Hello, I also built a fury druid a few weeks back. I am not an expert in calculating how str would enhance the damage but it just doesn't feel right to add str all the way to 300-400 and leave vit at minimal huh? My druid has a str of 145 and after adding all the equipment it has about low 200. I am using Oath on an eth feral axe and it's really great. I am leaning toward maxing HoW instead of Oak Sage for more damage. I guess this is why I need to have HP of around 4000 without Oak Sage. Any comments please let me know. thanks.

7. Tor

Tor IncGamers Member

i really think oak is alot more usefual than HoW.. werewolves already have crazy damage and ar, we get 2 life per vitality.. its realyl not worth it considering a 20 life sc is equal to 10 points in vitality.and lycanthropy and oak bunus's stack up to get alot of hp

8. darian60

darian60 IncGamers Member

IK Maul is easy to get, usually goes for pgems. Another nice cheap 2 handed weapon is an upped ribcracker. Has low requirements so you can put more points into vitality. Very useful if you chose HOW instead of Oak Sage. I agree that Oak Sage is generally more useful than HOW for the same reasons Tor brought up, but it depends on your style.

High damage helps, but what I have found to be more effective is fast attack speed and high % crushing blow.

AR shouldn't be an issue with a wolf, so dex with a two hand weapon is a waste. If you need AR, just pick up some +ar scs, get a ravenfrost, or use angelic ammy + ring.

Just some suggestions.

9. te500cdt

te500cdt IncGamers Member

Hi, thanks for the feedbacks. I agree it all depends on the gears on hand and style of playing. My fury druid is currently at lvl 86 and I saved 47 skill points and 100 stat points, still not sure where to put them. I figure I can actually max both HoW and Oak Sage and just alternate them whenever I like. I did have 1 point at poison creeper because back then I was following the guide thinking I will make a rabies/fury druid without the ring. So I may max it instead of one of the spirits. How about Cyclone armor? Is it worth maxing? Maybe I will try that, too. An Oath on feral axe does 8/5 fury attack and it seems to work well for me so I am just finding some ways to improve it more. And true that druids get 2 life per vit, but so do most of other characters. But each point in vit actually turns in around 6 life after werewolve transformation so I figure it more important to put stat points in vit instead of str. Is it ok? It's doable to achieve 4000+ HP without the Oak Sage.