Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

[Build] Dexless: My friends all see me nekkid

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Zyr, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Zyr

Zyr Diabloii.Net Member

Dexless is a twinked pure Vitality Javazon I'm playing on US East HCNL, and she has just started Hell difficulty.

I first got the notion, and first used the name, on West SC more than ten years ago, but I abandoned her at level 51 after moving to East HC. The initial concept was to max Poison Javelin, Plague Javelin, Lightning Fury, and Decoy. After playing numerous other Javazons, though, I decided that the new Dexless would max Charged Strike and Lightning Strike in addition to the Poison skills. I figured that her high Life would give her a sufficiently sturdy Decoy with only a few points invested in the skill.

She started Hell at level 70, and I was pleased to discover that I had decent resists (75 61 75 27) without sacrificing any of the +skills gear with which she had finished NM:

Valkyrie's War Javelin of Alacrity
    Rare Coronet: +2 Zon skills, [email protected], 20 FR/W, 24% MF (PTopaz)
    Rare Amulet: +2 Zon skills, [email protected]/20 LR, 10 FCR
    "Peace" Breast Plate
    "Splendor" Bone shield
    Scintillating Ring: [email protected]
    Scintillating Ring of the Tiger: [email protected] 23 Life
    Rare Sharkskin Gloves: +2 J&S, 24 LR, 16 FR, half freeze, 5 replenish, 22% mf
    Caster crafted Sharkskin Belt: 10 FCR, 17 FHR, 42 Life, 18 Mana, 12 Str, 20 FR
    Rare Heavy Boots: 25 CR, 37 FR, 25% PLR, 8% MF

Charms: 14/19/7 Annihilus; resists and mana

After cleansing the DoE, Dexless headed through the Cold Plains. As she approached the entrance to the Burial Ground, a blue Maiden Javelin dropped.

mmjos1.jpg

Hey, a damage boost!

mmjos2.jpg

mmjos3.jpg

Now, this might have generated a bit of conflict within Clan Zyr... Around nine years ago, Javelin_Maiden was conceived and created just because it seemed like a Moral Imperative...

mmjp2.jpg

...and, only a few months ago:

mmjp3.jpg

So there was the potential for conflict...

mmjos4.jpg

...but it was quickly, er, fended off.

mmjos5.jpg

Because Dexless relies upon Str from charms to equip weapons, shields, and armor, her friends (BO Barb, Enchantress, mules) can't see them.

But you knew that.

2. T72on1

T72on1 Diabloii.Net Member

Cool concept, as always, Zyr !!! Good luck on the rest of the trip through Hell.

3. Namtar

Namtar Diabloii.Net Member

I'm just cracking up at the item name "Javelin_Maiden's Maiden's Maiden Javelin."

4. Zyr

Zyr Diabloii.Net Member

Dexless has indeed been a fairly lucky lady. I spend a LOT of time with many of my characters in the Tower, and in recent months the Countess has been extremely stingy, but one of Dexless's visits paid off.

dexless_mal_countess.jpg

I was pleased to see this GC from the Kurast Bazaar.

sparking_gc.jpg

I don't have many action shots of Dexless, but here's one of her battle with Hephasto, who forced her to poison him (not that she minded!).

dexless_hephasto.jpg

And her Forge drop... How 'bout that?

dexless_mal_forge.jpg

Dexless is accompanied by a mule, who hauls spare/alternate equipment, a three-row belt full of big purples, etc., and who also collects Forge and Larzuk rewards.

dexless_maid_mal_forge.jpg

I've changed only one piece of Dexless' gear since the previous post, replacing a plain [email protected] ring with a [email protected]/+23 Life. Despite the hit to her resistances, Dexless has cruised uneventfully through Act IV, dinging 87 with the death of Diablo.

dexless87diablo.jpg

As Dexless made her way through the Bloody Foothills, a blue Stygian Pilum dropped. I relentlessly craft almost every elite magic javelin that drops, but not this one.

cruel_styg_pilum_frost.jpg

This went straight to the hands of Leona_Fender, one of my Fending Mistress o' Minions Javazons. It's slower than either of her current weapons and lacks any AR boost, but the LCS shows damage increases, so I gotta try it out.

T72on1 likes this.