Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Dex question

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by TCO, Mar 7, 2004.

1. TCO

TCO IncGamers Member

Dex question

I'm new to Amazon o_O''.. right now i'm trying to build a Strafazon with FA backup.. [ with synergies.. ]

I'm lvl 51, in act2 nightmare with 156 points in dex.. i actually hit well ..

Just wonderin' .. how many points in dex to hit everything in hell?

I'm afraid to waste points in dex..

2. lone_wolf

lone_wolf Diablo: IncGamers Member

TCO first a bowazon cant waste points into dex

my level 87 sniperzon has 366 dex and alot of ar chamrs and maxed penetrate for a chance of about 79-90% to hit monsters in late act 5 hell.

it all depends on what moster it is as they have diff def

3. JoJeck

JoJeck IncGamers Member

FA does not depend on dexterity to do most of its damage and its arrows don't even have to hit, so if that is your main skill getting plus skills is important. Strafe damage depends very much on dexterity as it is added as %ehanced damage at 1% per point in dexterity, also strafe needs to actually hit with the arrows so the bonus to AR from pumping dexterity is vital if that is your main skill.

I am not really sure about dexterity for a FA based zon since I've never played one in 1.10. My Sniperzon (Strafe and MA) has 365 dexterity (including equipment) at level 86 and the chance to hit varies in the Pit (where monsters are from level 85 to ** for bosses) from 80% to maybe 92% and that is an acceptable range.

So in summary you need to think of getting at least 300 dexterity by level 80 if you want strafe to be effective against the cold immunes in Hell. Once you have about 100 points in Vitality (for softcore, hardcore might want more) and enough strength for you chosen bow there really is nothing else a Zon needs.

4. TCO

TCO IncGamers Member

Thanks for the info.. :buddies:

5. Kirsty

Kirsty The Order of Dii Guild Member

Whereas that is true, you will still need to have good mana leech if you are going to use elemental skills continuously or you run out of mana very quickly. What you can do to prevent that is to use the classic magazon type tactics involving a high mana pool, mana regeneration gear and mana per kill gear.

6. Krunch_Kidney

Krunch_Kidney IncGamers Member

you can also drink smurf blood (blue pots)

7. Kirsty

Kirsty The Order of Dii Guild Member

Depends on what you prefer really. I always have thawing, antidotes, town portals and stamina in my belt :).