Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Dex for zealot

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by snowhill, Apr 4, 2004.

1. snowhill

snowhill IncGamers Member

Dex for zealot

I am wondering about how much dex my zealot needs for AR. Currently he is level 82 with 152 dex with max block from maxed holy shield. Currently he has 67% chance to hit baal in hell difficulty with maxed fanaticism. Should I pump dex more? If so to what % chance? Any opinion? I'd rather put points into vitality.... Thanks for the input.

2. Pravda

Pravda IncGamers Member

Use items with ar instead of pumping dex. High dex will only leave you with low life.

3. unseenSNIPER

unseenSNIPER IncGamers Member

If you havn't maxed zeal out, do that as well.

4. IMCL85

IMCL85 IncGamers Member

what item you use man?

5. jcosterhout

jcosterhout IncGamers Member

Could you please enlighten us as to some of the items one might use to increase AR and Dex, other than theobvious charms/Halo/B-Star/ravenfrost ? Particularly i am interested in this fact for PVP. What attack rating should a Paladin aim for in high lvl duels (85+)? Thank you.

6. belth

belth IncGamers Member

For melee-duels, you're forced to use Angelic Amulet+2 Angelic rings, it's otherwise futile to try and hit someone with 25k+ defense and 75% block.

7. MeBrutox

MeBrutox IncGamers Member

Also, depending what weapon you, you can socket it with an Eth. The -25% Target Defense helps alot.

But I agree that you should not have any more dex then needed for Max block, the rest should be in vitality.

8. Pravda

Pravda IncGamers Member

You could always put points in blessed aim for the passive bonus if you think you're ar is low. Although, you'd have to sacrifice some damage or defense by doing so.

I would aim for 20-25k ar. Maybe more...

9. Madmartagan2002

Madmartagan2002 IncGamers Member

AR tough to get

I have difficulty getting AR too, my Pally has Max Sac, Zeal, And Fanat so what he needs is a big base of AR- The only other items I've found that helps Is sigons helm and clegaws pinchers. Unfortanutly clegaws requires another item and the Shield is horrible. Sigons helm also requires another item but you could use the Belt (+20 to life, +20 to Fire resist,) and get the AR bonus, a Def bonus on Belt and 10% life Steal from partial set bouns.

10. jcosterhout

jcosterhout IncGamers Member

Finally, an array of polite and intelligent answers, glad to know some of you still exsist out there. Thank you

11. Madmartagan2002

Madmartagan2002 IncGamers Member

Another possibility

I just thought of another possible source: You could get a 3 socketed elite Pally shield with the Knight mod- 50% ED and +100 or so to AR, put the runeword Santuary in it for the resistances (70%) and increased block, you also get +20 Dex. You of course lose the 24% ED from the 4 points to Zeal, and the 2 points to fanat, (form HofZ), but the 50% ED might even it out.

If you have suficent blocking and resist you could use a four socket shield and get Exile- then you wouldn't lose the 2 points to Fanat. But some people don't like to duel with Exile.

12. Ragnarod

Ragnarod DiabloII.Net Pal

If you're going for the Sigon set combo, I often end up using the helm+gloves instead of helm+belt, the 30% ias and 10 str on the gloves may come handy and free your belt slot for something better :)

13. Ryshenron

Ryshenron IncGamers Member

woah...how long u been back rag..the only reason i oppened this post was to see if it was really you..and it was

welcome back man

edit: ahh saw ur last buncha posts and how u came bakc...dont really go to SPF or OTF..sry, but anyways gald to see u have returned

14. Ulric

Ulric IncGamers Member

Fanaticism might not always be the best choice for zealots. I personally love using Conviction. Maxed Conviction lowers the Def of the target by 93%! Depending on what weapon you choose, increase in damage from lower resist will make up for any lost damage due to loss of ED from Fanaticism. Just another way to skin a cat with Paladins.

Ulric

15. SoCal44

SoCal44 IncGamers Member

What is the passive bonus from BA? I thought you had to have it active for the arua to have any bonus.

16. DrgnMstr

DrgnMstr IncGamers Member

If I remember correctly, u get a 5% bonus to AR for every point in blessed aim. and no, the aura doesnt have to be active for the passive bonus. of course, u get a whole lot more AR with blessed aim on.

17. Stoutwood

Stoutwood IncGamers Member

Depending on how desperate you are for ar, you could always switch to Alma Negra. Its cheap and it has lots of zealot-friendly mods. Its rather underrated in my opinion.