dex for a ww IK barb?

skyfiredraco

Diabloii.Net Member
dex for a ww IK barb?

just now starting a new barb with the intention of using full IK (if i can ever get the damn armor) and whirl.

Should i put any into dex at all? IK gives some insane AR bonuses and i plan to use a ravenfrost as one of my rings so i'm leaning toward no....

just wondering about input from others though :)

thx

Im building an IK WW barb also. You should not put any point into dex as it would be wasted. You can get AR from multiple sources, such as:

1. Steel charm (100+ AR per GC)
2. Angelic set (ring/ammy) this give 12 AR per level, so at ** it'll be 1056 AR per ring
3. Dual Raven Frost
4. Demon Limb level 23 enchant

The listed above are cheap and easy to obtain, of course you could go with 40x fine charm of vita, but I tried to trade for them and they are quite expensive right now. I'm on USWEST Hardcore, and I traded SS for IK Armor, so it's not that expensive either.

Zvolen

Diabloii.Net Member
I agree that any points into dex is a waste, also while wearing the set you get AR bonuses. Like the previous posted stated it would be better spent somewhere else, like Vitality.

skyfiredraco

Diabloii.Net Member
thx guys :)

stat-wise then i'm gonna go 212 str (enough for armor with the glove bonus) and the rest in vit then.

easiest stat placement i've ever done for a char :p

squigipapa

Diabloii.Net Member
If you're planning on using a ravenfrost then you should not have any problems, however if you're not going to have any other source of dex (including ring, ammy, & charms) then your dex will be 40 after the full IK is equipt. however, you might want to consider what you're going to use for echoing weapons on switch, war swords for example have a dex requirement of 45 .. basically what I'm getting at is think of everything that you will be using, not only the IK set.

1 more thing, you said that you were going with 212 strenght, you could actually go with 187 because the belt that gives you an extra 25 as well, so you equipt the gloves, followed by the belt .. then the rest.. that saves 25 more points for vitality which means about 200 more life after Battle Orders.

chubbypuppy

Diabloii.Net Member
skyfiredraco said:
thx guys :)

stat-wise then i'm gonna go 212 str (enough for armor with the glove bonus) and the rest in vit then.
Actually you don't even need to goto 212. Don't forget the str bonus from the belt.

You can't finish the set until level 76, so if you are planning on using anything else with Str on it like rings or annihilus, remember to factor them in as well.

chubbypuppy said:
Actually you don't even need to goto 212. Don't forget the str bonus from the belt.

You can't finish the set until level 76, so if you are planning on using anything else with Str on it like rings or annihilus, remember to factor them in as well.
I put 187 str for my IK barb, the only reason is I don't want to rely on too many sources for strength, especially not the annilius charm. I plan to be the DC clone killer, and what is the purpose of killing DC with out being able to pick up the charm he will drop? This is very true in public DC game where everyone is waiting for the final blow and snatch the charm as quickly as possible.

sahlakh

Diabloii.Net Member
Just let you know, mine has just finished nightmare at lvl 78, the attack rating is 16k-ish with angelic ammy + ring + bad raven + enchant from demon limb (base dex).

No need for extra dex.

Frenzied Bovine

Diabloii.Net Member
psst.. you look pretty stupid glowing with a bare chest. I always put that little bit extra into Strength, even if it's not strictly necessary, because I want other people to be able to see that cool black armor on me. :D

btw... NO DEX!!!

Halciet

Diabloii.Net Member
Frenzied Bovine said:
psst.. you look pretty stupid glowing with a bare chest. I always put that little bit extra into Strength, even if it's not strictly necessary, because I want other people to be able to see that cool black armor on me. :D

btw... NO DEX!!!
People can still see the armor, since he's getting the str from the gloves/belt/annihi, and none from the chest itself ;)

-Hal

sahlakh

Diabloii.Net Member
Halciet said:
People can still see the armor, since he's getting the str from the gloves/belt/annihi, and none from the chest itself ;)

-Hal
At least I've seen quite a few IK barbs running around 'without an armor' =)

squigipapa

Diabloii.Net Member
Halciet said:

-Hal
Actually, I've done some testing on this whole appearing naked bug. I was using sigons set to do the testing .. and used a ring, amulet, etc. to gain str to equipt the armor and as long as I diden't use a charm, I could see the armor from my 2nd pc. Only when I used charms to get up to the strength I coulden't see the armor from the other pc. However, these were just regular charms not anni, because it was with a lvl 9 character, wearing sigons..

skyfiredraco

Diabloii.Net Member
lol, thx guys, missed the str on the belt :)

btw, i dont personally care how i look to other people. I play mainly solo or with a few friends and if they dont like the way i look then tough.. they can tank their OWN monsters :p