Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Dex and Blocking Question

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by HeX-CuRsE, Feb 9, 2004.

1. HeX-CuRsE

HeX-CuRsE IncGamers Member

Dex and Blocking Question

Ok after doing research looking around doing this and that I finally have a decent meteor sorc but one thing now...Ive heard the blocking rate on lidless sucks..but I kinda want that shield ... how much dex is needed to reach a decent block rate with lidless? and if I do find a mosers I'll use it so whats the dex needed for max block with that? and lets say I get enough dex for a 50% block rate with lidless...will that be any good? Any help is appreciated :thumbsup:

2. Stiertje

Stiertje IncGamers Member

Any blocking% below 60% isn't exactly useless, but it's not far from it. You'd still have to avoid being hit, so whats the point in having 50% and still having to tele around?

But anyway, here's the formula

[ (Desired Chance to Block * (Level * 2)) / Shield Block ] + 15 = Dex you need to attain max block at the level calculated

[] = round up

So for Liddles @ lvl 80 and wanted block 50%;

[ (50 * (80 * 2)) / 40 ] + 15 ] = 215 dex

Whereas my Whitstans @ lvl 80 and wanted block 75%;

[ (75 * (80 * 2)) / 80 ] + 15 ] = 165 dex

*** Whitstans has higher block then stated. Stated is 75%, but actual blocking is 25 base + 55 increased is 80%. It's even higher for a paladin for instance.

3. sasja

sasja IncGamers Member

Check the Meteorb guide at the top of the page - one or two pages down is a table of required dex for max blocking with various shields at various levels. If you're going for Lidless full time, don't pump dex. You can of course use Lidless until you find a better shield (though you can easily trade it for a better shield, like Whitstan), and in that case you can pump dex in preparation.

4. HeX-CuRsE

HeX-CuRsE IncGamers Member

O boy....well here are my stats now at lvl 48
    90str
    75dex
    75wit
    60energy
    Well I think thats it.....do u think perhaps I should just suck it up and remake this sorc because I do tend on using lidless.....since I have no SS o_O (fancy that) or should I just stop with dex now and go for vit/energy now?

5. Stiertje

Stiertje IncGamers Member

I knew it was posted somewhere, but I couldn't find it anymore. NOW I know where the heck I've read it before.

But again, with the formula you can calculate block and dex for EVERY shield, not just the common good ones.

6. deschanel

deschanel IncGamers Member

you can try using gerkes.. 74% block on sorcs and adds good resist as well