Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Describe the worst date you've ever been on.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Steve_Kow, May 9, 2005.

1. Steve_Kow

Steve_Kow Banned

Describe the worst date you've ever been on.

Several years ago while working in a supermarket I became interested in a co-worker. I made small talk for a bit and then asked her if she'd like to have lunch with me next Saturday. She said that she would and we made it a date. When I showed up at her house she was outside hanging out with some guy. I didn't think too much of it, and I got out of my car and asked her if she was ready to go. She said "Sure, but is it OK if my boyfriend comes with us?"

I was like "WTF mate?"

Even he was like "WTF is this dude?"

2. Module88

Module88 IncGamers Member

Personally, I'd consider that a good response. Honestly, it's just a lunch, no big deal. Too many people make a big deal out a lunch or dinner nowadays.

3. Steve_Kow

Steve_Kow Banned

Yeah, I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt and assume that there was a misunderstanding between what my intentions were and what she thought I meant.

It was still a horrible "date" from my perspective.

4. SelfBaisResistor

SelfBaisResistor IncGamers Member

The wonders of internet dating gave me this doozy:

First of all her pic was misleading, believable, but very misleading. We went to see the movie Eurotrip and out to eat afterwards. Conversation was non-existant and she wouldn't start anything or say anything more than 2 words at a time.

I'm glad that one never panned out. Lousy internet matching sites. :rant:

5. Eff

Eff Banned

hehe, is that even a date [edit: the thread starter's date]?

one girl i was dating had me over once, and after a while at her house, we decided to go for a walk. i jumped down from some platform thing on the way, sort of stumbled, and cut my leg down to the bone on a big jagged piece of glass. we ended up at the hospital getting me a bunch of stitches.

6. bigD72

bigD72 IncGamers Member

I once took a girl to dinner we had a lovely engaging conversation that was free flowing for the both of us. The meal cost me about $30. We then went back to her house goofed around for awhile (a la playing video games and continue talking, not naughty stuff) and then took a walk around her neighborhood for roughly an hour. As I got up to leave I went to hug her and a kiss on her cheek, not a make out with me now kind of move by all means.

Out came her hand for a handshake.

7. SelfBaisResistor

That's gotta be worse than the "let's just be friends" line.

8. AeroJonesy

AeroJonesy IncGamers Member

Ouch.

And what is this dating thing?

9. SelfBaisResistor

That sounds like my kind of luck lately.

10. bigD72

bigD72 IncGamers Member

As well as I. But I seem to be on a much better level.

11. AeroJonesy

AeroJonesy IncGamers Member

I expect lots of dates this summer. When I don't sit inside all day writing code. Don't be fooled kids: lab reports are really just the professor sending you all the data he collected on his own, and then you spending 15 hours writing code to analyze it.

12. Module88

Module88 IncGamers Member

You know, that's not all that bad. She's just taking it slow, as I would.

13. Isolde212

Isolde212 Banned

I had a guy pick me up and said we were going for a drive. We drove about an hour to another city and then he took me to Taco Bell for lunch and then to the strip club. He thought I was the openminded type. Usually I am but that's more of a third date kind of thing. I was thoroughly disgusted so I proceeded to make him buy me as much shooters as possible and then drive me home where I left him standing down in the foyer while I told I was just getting sweater. I never came back downstairs.

14. Pierrot le Fou

Pierrot le Fou IncGamers Member

Let's see. I was supposed to meat up with a girl, I s'pose it counts as a date, although I had no intention of buying her dinner or any of the other incidentals that tend to ease the way into bed, as I was hardly interested in conversation (she was rather dull) and she was hardly interested in dinner (she loved sex), hence we had plans to have a 'date' which essentially involved me transporting her to my apartment for wild sex.

Anywhoo, I was informed, post-plan-making, that I had to attend a company function involving drowning myself in liquor with my coworkers (and yes, this is something important in Japan), and kept checking my watch, but not my alcohol intake, as I wanted to get out and have the afore-mentioned wild sex.

So I was keeping in touch via my cellphone with the movements of the soon-to-be-bedded to make sure I'd be able to locate her in my inebriated state to whisk her off to the bedroom for our extra-curriculars.

Unfortunately, my kohai (junior at work) decided to get absolutely blasted to the point of no return, which made it difficult to wrap up the drink-up because she was hugging the toilet for an hour or two. Eventually they gave up on waiting for her, and I, in my drunken state, wandered to find said woman. After much walking, and being lost as the drink-up was somewhere I was relatively unfamiliar with in my intoxicated state, I took a cab to meet her in a bar, where I proceeded to have another drink or two as she seemed to be enjoying her liquor and conversation, and I figured that she should get SOME conversation during the 'date' even if it wasn't from me.

Eventually we headed home, only for me to discover that she was far more drunk than I, and we ended up taking a cab home. I drew a bath for her, gave her most of my puny bed for the night, and didn't get sex until the next morning.

Now that was a poor date in the sense that everything was laid on the table and it still didn't work out right. Bah-humbug. I gave up on that little 'relationship' soon after.

15. Namyeknom

Namyeknom IncGamers Member

Pierrot le Fou, you must lead a charmed life. The worst date you can think of involved getting drunk and sex being delayed by all of 8 hours...

16. bluedragoon

bluedragoon IncGamers Member

At that speed, they would have sex after 3 years ;) :D since when is a hug and a kiss on the cheeck not slow anymore ? :)

17. DrunkCajun

DrunkCajun Banned

Bah. I have a similar story involving taking a girl out to a bar and getting ourselves good and drunk so we could go back to my place for the sex we'd been working our way towards over a few months of dangerous flirting and being in situations that didn't lend themselves to getting it on (ie, being stuck in a relationship, not having any convinient place to go, etc). Fiiinnally, after months and months of flirting and talk, we went out the two of us to get drunk and go back to my place.

We're kissing a little in the cab on the way home, and we get to my place and things heat up a little. Suddenly on the couch she sits up and say "hang on" and bolts to the bathroom.

And it wasn't cause she was having bladder issues. Wound up holding her hair for 2 hours before giving her some water and a cab home. Never did get another opportunity to shag her.

18. Jimi-

Jimi- IncGamers Member

im lonely

19. Moosashi

Moosashi IncGamers Member

I took a date to see the movie adaptation of Shaft with Samuel L. Jackson. Oh God that was a bad a idea, and totally my fault. I'm still good friends with the unfortunate lady, and down the road from the date I took her to prom (which didn't turn out all that well either... :scratch: ), but that date pretty much killed any potential for romance in our relationship, forever.

20. axeil

axeil IncGamers Member

I'm confused...how did that kill any chances of romance? Is Shaft really really bad or something?

(Forgive my general stupidity)