"Derailing the OJ Express" - OJ dropped by Fox i

Lord Nyax

Banned
"Derailing the OJ Express" - OJ dropped by Fox

I just saw this on Fox 5 news at 11:00 PM. Apparently, so many people got mad at Fox for hosting OJ's book and interview that they dropped him. Thought I'd let everyone know.

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
What I want to know is why he bothered to call the book "If I did it", when he could've just cut the crap and called it "That's right, I killed the ***** - what are you going to do about it?".

Lord Nyax

Banned
What I want to know is why he bothered to call the book "If I did it", when he could've just cut the crap and called it "That's right, I killed the ***** - what are you going to do about it?".
I would buy that book, just for the awesomeness of the title.

I chuckled lightly when the news anchor was saying "...about how he would have killed her". The anchor himself was having a hard time keeping a straight face...

EDIT: GAH!!! Crap, just realized that I screwed up my 1337 post count...oh well...

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
It would be very nice to hear if they "dropped him" off the side of a very tall building.

DurfBarian

Diabloii.Net Member
Has it been dropped by the Fox central organization? I know that individual broadcasters under the Fox umbrella were refusing to carry the programming.

S Z

Diabloii.Net Member
Clicky

"Sweeps"

Much of the ratings system, however, still consists of the completion by viewers of ratings diaries, in which a viewer records his or her viewing habits, generally for a week, in exchange for being advanced a nominal fee. These diaries play an especially important role during the four sweeps periods conducted in February, May, July and November in an attempt to measure smaller local market audiences in markets that are not covered by People Meter samples already. (Other, smaller sweeps are conducted through the year in the markets large enough to be measured by non-demographic meters, but not large enough to be measured by the demographic meters (people meters).)

The term "sweep" refers to how the diaries were handled by Nielsen Media when the ratings were first produced: They are mailed to the households and processed by starting on the East Coast and "sweeping" across the nation.

Television networks and other programmers make unusual efforts to attract additional viewers during these periods, including airing mostly first-run programming as opposed to repeats, airing more special broadcasts, and including special content in programming such as guest stars, controversial and unexpected plots or topics, extended episodes, finales, and increased competition in advertising. Even news programs are often involved, airing especially controversial or titillating investigative reports and promotions. For this reason, the "sweeps" system of national ratings has been criticized as not representative of typical programming, and encouraging an increase in content of concern such as violence and explicit sexuality. Outside of these peak periods it is more common to see reruns of television programs.
:wink:

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
Heh, I wonder if that's why new series get shown for a couple of weeks, then pulled for a month or two, then a few more episodes get shown, then another two month break...

And they announce them as "special television events" now. Like showing us the damn series like they damn well said is a special event... God I hate the networks.