Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Depressed? Why not become a tool?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by ItsaMeMario, Mar 10, 2004.

?

which one

1. bush

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. kerry

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ItsaMeMario

ItsaMeMario IncGamers Member

Depressed? Why not become a tool?

Everyday I have the misfortune of standing at the bus stop with the group of chain-smokers that go to the alternative school right next to my house, and everyday I notice something more irritating about them, especially the ones who claim to be "goths". What is a goth anyways? If I wore all black and peirced everything on my face and detested life itself would I be considered a goth? Probably, I don't think alot of them even know what they are.

Today was one such instance that pushed me over the edge just based on how inept I found one of them to be. He was standing there wearing a shirt saying "You laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because your all the same." Bzzzzt, wrong, we're laughing at you because you're wearing a mass produced 25$ T-Shirt that expresses individualism yet is seen on kids everywhere. Anyways, the clothes was just the first thing that ticked me off. He was arguing with his friend who apparently "didn't like hot-topic" and the t-shirt kid (we'll call him Richard, err, Dick) couldn't BELIEVE it. "How can you not like hot-topic?", says Dick. "All there stuff is so punk and rebellious, it's better then expensive stores like Ambercrombie and the Gap" Now, Dick, just just hold on for a second, back up, say the sentence outloud in your mind, and let it soak in.

Apparently Dick couldn't remove his head from his scrotum for one second to beleive that his friend could have an opinion different from his own, I mean, could have contradicated himself more? You know Dick, for such an archist rebeller, you sure do push your opinions on people, TRAITOR! Anyways, this was just the first thing that ticked me off, well, probably the 30th or so but I lost my place. Not many people know this but Hot-Topic is OWNED by Ambercrombie and Fitch! Oh no, not a respectable store with decent looking clothing that make people look decent instead of making them stand out like a desperate cry for attention! Come on, take out the bull-nose rings, put on a decent looking pair of pants and get a job. Or you can just continue to rebel against stores like Ambercrombie by going to cutting-edge stores like Hot Topic resting assured that your hard-earned allowances aren't fueling evil corporations like that! Oh wait.

Phew, I feel better now. Pardon my rant.
    Let's throw in a poll for good measure.

2. toader

toader Banned

You crack me up man. I always enjoy reading your posts/rants.

p.s. are you finally settled on a screen-name here?

3. ItsaMeMario

Yeah, thanks for the avatar help by the way, forgot how to shrink the animated ones.

4. LunarSolaris

LunarSolaris IncGamers Member

Ahhhhhh, teenage angst.

EDIT: By the way... what editing software do I need to successfully shrink down animated avatars? I can shrink down a normal jpeg... but have some really cool animated ones that I'd love to use at some point if I can manage the 75x75 requirement needed for admission.

5. Geeno

Geeno IncGamers Member

Some kid once wrote a huge article about this in the school paper (back when kids that went to my school had talent), the outrage was hilarious and horrendous.

In my last couple years of public schooling Ive seen a serious fall in the way kids dress to seperate themselves. except one thing...

The rap-wear. Those coloured sectioned hats, the gold chains on the neck, big puffy blanket clothes (looks like velux material, pretty damn comfortable looking though).

Somewhere between the fall of grunge and the rise of pop-rap "the mass" (as i like to call it) decided that the way to go was look all clean cut, dress like a hobbit (i see a lot of yellow), and then TALK like youre a grimey *****-slappin pimp.

6. Usufruct

Usufruct IncGamers Member

Great post :) I just have one question... how does one get their head inside his scrotum?

7. Corneo

Corneo IncGamers Member

Hahaha... I think Dick needs to get himself a job. Or he can always remain a Dick, that way we have someone to laugh at.

8. ItsaMeMario

Well, see, when you're a wussy goth, the art of tucking your head between your legs just comes naturally.

9. cougar

cougar IncGamers Member

what was your last name mario?? Just curious.

10. ItsaMeMario

Didn't have one, Toader was just wondering because while he was helping me make an Avatar I was debating what to make my name. I knew him before I came here.

11. Choogy

Choogy IncGamers Member

Whew...though you were talking about Nixon there...
    Wait...Is Nixon dead?

And how do you shrink animated ones?

12. ItsaMeMario

What are you talking about? :grrr:
    Ask Toader how to shrink Animated Avatar's, I don't know.

13. suminferno

suminferno IncGamers Member

I, For one, do find the rude comments about goths kinda childish..i know that the kid arguing about hot topic is a *** but that shouldnt represent the other gothic peoples out there. Now I'm not gothic im my opinion, more punk b.c i listen to TBS, Blink, Sum, Thrice, etc. not that heavy heavy stuff goths listen too. But my girlfriend is gothic and i know that just because the way they dress and act doesnt make them all like that...besides, hot topic is a place for the masses who try and act gothic/punk *cough* posers *cough* but ok. CCS is where its at baby! lol anyways, please dont base your opinion on gothic people on a set group of people that are childish....I think Shaigon would have a opinion on this matter, but unfortunatly i havent seen him around for quite a while.

14. toader

toader Banned

You cant call other Goths posers man. You just have to accept the fact that Goth has become a more globalized or widely used manner of dressing/acting. Kinda ironic though since the whole thing was started for the original Goths to be "different" or whatever it is they do.

If the original Goths dont like the newcomers then youll need to go make your own new way to act and dress.

Try the "Nencom" look. Note, I just made that up, but feel free to use it. You can wear all brown instead of black. You can get all the original goths to become Nencoms now and all dress in brown. You guys can all celebrate your uniqueness and rebelliosness together. Uniqueness? Together? :scratch:

Oh you silly Nencoms, youll never understand.

15. suminferno

suminferno IncGamers Member

hahah that was great...ima start to use thtat word at my school....

WOOT 100 posts....geez i have been here since way b4 the forum clearing thing and i am just now getting 100 posts...ahh the memories...anyone member dillengafire or nicqui? or Fade2Gray...wow its been hella long since ive seen any of them.

16. ItsaMeMario

Jesus tap-dancing christ are you people ever going to quit stereotyping YOURSELVES? Let me tell you a secret Inferno, ready? Here goes....
    One...
    Two...
    Three..

NOBODY CARES!

You don't even know what a gothic is, seriously, nobody does. Why not? Because it's just a slang-term for cry-baby.

No, seriously though, why do you people have to sterotype yourselves? It's not like some day you're going to be filling out an application for something and it prompts you for your music genre, cut that **** out. Music is something to listen too not become obsessed with. If I ever caught myself acting/dressing a certain way just based on a song or music genre I preffered, I'd ask the closest person to me to give me a swift kick to the face.

17. toader

toader Banned

Well, if you become a Nencom with me, maybe Ill be standing next to you. And if you catch yourself being a Goth, just tell me and Ill kick you in the face.

Thats how we Nencoms help each other out.

18. ItsaMeMario

Also I think you should ask your girlfriend what her problem is, or better yet ask yourself what your problem is. I mean, if my girlfriend was going around hating the soil she walked on, dressing in all black, and screaming as loud as she could about her trapped soul I'd probably question my effect on her as a boyfriend, nah mean?

19. ItsaMeMario

Brown makes my *** look big, err, bigger.

20. Maverikk

Maverikk IncGamers Member

Hey, look, I know what a goth is.

Main Entry: [1]Goth·ic
    Pronunciation: 'gä-thik
    Function: adjective
    Date: 1591
    1 a : of, relating to, or resembling the Goths, their civilization, or their language b : TEUTONIC, GERMANIC c : MEDIEVAL d : UNCOUTH, BARBAROUS
    2 a : of, relating to, or having the characteristics of a style of architecture developed in northern France and spreading through western Europe from the middle of the 12th century to the early 16th century that is characterized by the converging of weights and strains at isolated points upon slender vertical piers and counterbalancing buttresses and by pointed arches and vaulting b : of or relating to an architectural style reflecting the influence of the medieval Gothic
    3 : often not capitalized : of or relating to a style of fiction characterized by the use of desolate or remote settings and macabre, mysterious, or violent incidents
    - goth·i·cal·ly /-thi-k(&-)lE/ adverb
    - Goth·ic·ness /-thik-n&s/ noun

Main Entry: [2]Gothic
    Function: noun
    Date: 1691
    1 a : BLACK LETTER b : SANS SERIF
    2 : Gothic art style or decoration; specifically : the Gothic architectural style
    3 : the East Germanic language of the Goths — see INDO-EUROPEAN LANGUAGES table
    4 : often not capitalized : a work of fiction in the gothic style