Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Den of Evil quest problems

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Claudio_G, Oct 12, 2006.

1. Claudio_G

Claudio_G IncGamers Member

Den of Evil quest problems

Say someone is g-rushing a low level toon (level 1 at the start of NM and level 3-4 when starting hell difficulty) how can this low level toon get credit for NM and Hell Den of Evil? Which is a rather important question for LLD toons.

Obviously the low level "getting rushed" toon creates the game but in my experience if the high level rush toon just kills everything in Den of Evil the "getting rushed" toon does not get credit. I even had the strange situation once that I rushed my Enchantress and cleared Den of Evil with my high level toon (with the Enchantress in the Den of evil, always close by) and let the Enchantress kill the last few monsters with her weak backup Blizzard and she still did not get credit.

Someone suggested to enchant the "getting rushed" toon, leave one zombie and kill it with the low level toon. Problem is that even a level 42 Enchant does not give a higher than 5% to hit chance for a low level toon and that the low level toon dies in 1-2 hits NM and one in Hell diff.

Any suggestions?

And a kinda related question, how can the Jade Figure quest be done for g-rushed LLD toons? I could have a high level "Jade Figure" toon ready that gets activated eachtime an LLD toon neeeds this quest, get the Jade Figure to drop with the "Jade Figure" toon, leave and let the LLD in but this is kinda annoying to have a toon just for this quest.

Claudio

2. kuafu

kuafu IncGamers Member

The low-level char needs to kill one monster in the den and stay in there when the rusher kills the last monster. As far as I understand, g-rush and doing all skill quests usually don't go together. If you're getting g-rushed, it means you're either using the char as a mule (which doesn't need skill), or you're going to level up the char later (which means you can do the skill quests later).
    For the Jade Figure, what you described is the normal way to it I think. It just means that char will never get the extra 20 life bonus, but s/he can finish all hell and be used as a normal char in every other way.

3. riddyl

riddyl IncGamers Member

a short and simple solution would be to forget all the bonus quests and just concentrate on doing the main quests so you can get to hell CS and Baal runs.

Then when you're a high enough level just go back and do the quests yourself - much simpler imo

4. MapleBarb

MapleBarb IncGamers Member

you can ask a higher lvl friend who hasnt done den of evil for quest. Or equip your low lvl char's merc and then have him kill 1 monster. then kill the rest of them yourself. and the low lvl gets credit for den

5. Claudio_G

Yes I am aware of that :)

If the low level toon is a mule just g-rushed to be able to enter hell games it is no problem.

If the low level toon is g-rushed to be able to join hell CS games no problem either, just level up and do the easy Den of Evil quest at much higher level.

However, there are alo LLDs asking for g-rushes and they surely want the extra skill points. How to solve this?

6. kuafu

kuafu IncGamers Member

Refuse?:wink3:

7. Claudio_G

HAHA!

Well, I do not have to g-rush anyone if I do not want to :) but:

1. I am curious if there is a way for a low level toon to get NM/Hell diff Den of evil credit easily.

2. I am thinking about LLDing myself.

Since I have 3 computers, 3 games of Diablo 2 and am g-rushing daily I wonder how to easily solve this problem. At level 18 the to hit chance with high level Enchant should be much higher than 5% and the toon won't die in 1 hit anymore or I could join pubby den games. Still would rather be able to do it right away, it is just strange that no other of the stat/resist/skill quests require the low level toon to actually do anything besides being nearby and some do not even require this, just that the low level creates the game and is in the act (exception Jade Figure?).

Claudio

8. Frosty_The_Snowman

Frosty_The_Snowman IncGamers Member

For the Den of Evil, ask the high level character to stand still, keeping the last zombie busy. Equip a bow, get enchanted, and from a distance, kill the last zombie safely to get the credit :thumbsup: ! It may take several dozens of arrows, but you won't die for sure :grin:.

9. McCain123

McCain123 IncGamers Member

Like Frosty said, but to get the job done quicker use a sorc as the high level char and keep static pressed. You can´t kill with that, but it speeds things up for the low level. I use an act1 merc on the low level for the damage btw.

10. Frosty_The_Snowman

Yes that's a good idea, the Rogue can be enchanted too :grin: !

11. Claudio_G

LOL! I totally forgot about bows. Yeah sure that will work, especially since my Enchantress does not have a merc anyway (so no interference). Thanks.

Ok Jade Figure, anyway to make it get popped at a specific location, maybe in a second game after council quest is already done?

Claudio

12. Frosty_The_Snowman

For the Jade figure quest :

1 - Make a high-level character and stop it at Hell Act3.
    2 - Make a game with this high char.
    3 - Join with your rushee.
    4 - Find the Jade figure with your high level character.
    5 - Give the Jade figure to your rushee.
    6 - Your high char now quits the game.
    7 - Your rushee talks to Meshif and Alkor to complete the quest.

Rinse and repeat back to step 2 :thumbsup: !