Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Demon Machine Enchantress?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Mech-Sheep Arsenal, Feb 7, 2004.

1. Mech-Sheep Arsenal

Mech-Sheep Arsenal IncGamers Member

Demon Machine Enchantress?

Is it possible for an Enchantress to use Demon Machine?

Enchant: 20
    FM: 20
    Warmth: 20
    ~1 point wonders//5 point wonders

The insane speed + the splash is just unbelievable. I can pack fire facets, but I need to know what other equipment is required...

2. Clicky Pen

Clicky Pen IncGamers Member

Indeed it works. That's what my enchantress is using for ranged goodness. Just make sure you have an alternate source of damage, i.e. orb/lightning mastery +damage from gear/charms/physical damage. Since demon's ranged, i suggest orb. Just max it, then chuck a few points into CM, and you're good to go. Make sure you get 20 ias from some other place (i suggest gloves), and get some +skills if you can. My sorc uses a shaft, shako, string of ears, crafted gloves, and ik boots, with a rare +2 skills ammy, raven, and a ll/other mods ring. I keep occy/lidless on switch for precasting, I keep a spirit shroud and a magefist in stash for precasting too. Good luck!

3. Mech-Sheep Arsenal

Mech-Sheep Arsenal IncGamers Member

Holy ****... I was expecting godly stuff to make an Enchantress.

Thanks, I can easily make the Enchantress with the stuff you mentioned :xgrin:

4. Shug_Ninx

Shug_Ninx IncGamers Member

Kuko > Demon Machine. Demon machine is a littel faster right off the bat, but Kuko beats it out in the long run. Plus, it gives fire damage to add on to your own (and xfers to xploding arrow) and pierces too.

5. Vajar

Vajar IncGamers Member

Demon machine is better because it has a higher pierce. With razortail you have 95% piercing. Kuko + razortail only gives you 83% piercing. There's a nice difference in damage output because of this.

6. niomosy

niomosy IncGamers Member

I'm using a Demon Machine on my Enchantress for range right now. That's likely what she'll continue to use for her ranged power. The Enchantress guide that was posted even recommends it as an excellent choice for an Enchantress.

In A5 NM, I have no problem killing in even large player games (6 or so) without FM maxed yet. You should be able to do pretty well in Hell. The one thing to remember is that there are a lot more fire immunes in Hell.

7. niomosy

niomosy IncGamers Member

You're going to need to boost IAS in order to make up the difference. That means a potential sacrifice in other gear. You're also losing pierce which means you're losing even more damage from multiple hits. You're also losing physical damage vs. the Demon Machine which is going to make killing FI's that much more difficult for you and your merc. You do get 350 arrows vs. only 250 bolts, though ;)

8. MongoJerry

MongoJerry IncGamers Member

Nope! Not at all. Check out MongoJerry's 1.10 Enchantress Guide for more info and more suggestions on how to make a good enchantress on the cheap.

Sorry, not a chance. Demon Machine is *much* *much* faster than a kuko for a sorceress. Kuko starts off with a 16 fps firing rate while DM starts off with a 12 fps firing rate. Plus, it only takes 10% ias for a DM to get to a 11 fps firing rate while it takes 65% ias to get a Kuko that fast and 110% ias to get it any faster. Demon Machine's pierce rate is higher (66% vs 50%), its physical damage is higher (for use against fire immunes), and it has a huge attack rating bonus that gets further multiplied by Enchant's ar bonus, making it much more likely that one hits one's target (and thereby hitting one's target at least twice with one's enchantment). The only advantage the Kuko has over a Demon Machine is the added fire damage, but that fire damage is insignificant compared to Enchant's fire damage (note: the fire damage does not get multiplied by one's fire mastery since it's a ranged attack -- but even if it did, the added damage would be small), and it's useless against fire immunes which should be an enchantress's primary concern. I've been playing and experimenting with enchantresses for months and can definitively say that the DM beats a Kuko hands down.

9. sawse

sawse IncGamers Member

I've been playing them an awful lot lately too, and I back up Jerry completely. And I have to add that they're a very very fun build.