Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Demon Limb and Enchantresses

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Grumpy Old Wizard, Apr 14, 2005.

1. Grumpy Old Wizard

Grumpy Old Wizard IncGamers Member

Demon Limb and Enchantresses

I've never played an enchantress but will probably start one soon(for PVM only.)

I have a simple question. If I cast enchant from the demon limb will the level 23 enchant be synergized by my warmth skill? If so I can use a leaf enchant staff plus skills and charms to survive until I can use the limb and save on precious skill points. Has anyone used the limb in this way?

GOW

2. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

I'm pretty sure you can use it that way...but just to save 1 point...sounds a bit extreme. Also the repair cost from Demon Limb could get annoying. You're also going to be quite weak until you're "old" enough to use the Demon Limb.

3. Day

Day IncGamers Member

Hi my no "enchant" pvm enchantress just (last night) made level 63 and collected her Demon Limb. The damage for Enchant (shown when you select the spell increases as you add warmth!). So yep it works (which was a relief for me!).

I'm playing single player (twinked) and had no real problems in getting to level 63. I played players 8 in normal - players 1 in NM and then leveled the 4 or 5 levels quickly (in around 30 mins doing runs against Eldritch) at players 8. Then biffed the Ancients. Next stop Baal.

In normal and NM static field is just so good it's really easy. I also had CB (initally from Goblin Toe but now Goreriders and crafted blood Gloves). The Leaf idea is good but not really needed?

My build:

Has a point in teleport and energy shield plus per-reqs (think the point in energy shield might be a mistake but it is useful very occaisionally when you don't want to cast static or telport eg after you have already cut Durial's life with static then cast energy shield).

Point in cold armours (Shiver is Ace it stops you getting mobbed). Not sure if the next armour (for use against range attackers will be worth it but i can see some use).

I maxed Thuderstorm and lightning mastery and cast it with an orb with plus 2 skills and Sgorns shield on switch. Everyone says take Orb (and if you want max damage I'm sure they are right) instead - but I wanted something different - I like being able to cast Thunderstorm with switch gear and you can't melee if you are using orb.

If you take Orb (or even if you don't) CB and Static all the way! If you have a weapon which ignores target defence from around mid levl 40's you are golden I used Hexfire up to levl 63 and will now use the Limb until level 70.

I have a point in cold mastery and will max warmth (nearly there) and Ffire Mastery.

Gear wise

Shako with pruby
    Smoke Dusk shroud
    Rhyme shield
    String of Ears
    Gore Riders
    SOJ
    Unique ring (forget the name with fire abosb) and plus 40 life
    Going to use High lords and switch to a plus fire skills amulet when I cast enchant also considering having Naj's light plate and would use Mage fists as well to switch on.
    Crafted Gloves 9% CB 20 IAS plus 19 life 2% Mana Steal and 3% Life steal

Currently using the Limb and will switch to Glimmersheds at level 70 (max Fire Mastery, Lightning Mastry and points in Cold Mastery with enchant and CB plus the option to throw vs fire Enchanted monsters) going to do a very high (by my standards) and versitle range of damage - no need to worry about immunes!)

On switch Orb plus 2 Sourceress Skills and Sigorns Shieldto cast thuderstorm and Shiver Armour).

Merc Holy freeze (seems to go on top of Shiver Armour for extra chill!) - must remember to Enchant him as well!!

Eth Shaftstop
    Eth perfect Vamp gaze with rare jewel for extra lightning damage and resistances
    Plain Hone Sudan with Shael Shael Amn

Charms 2 Fire skillers - enough for 80 FHR, max resistances, a few charms adding total 3-75 Lightning damage (a lot with Max lightning Mastrey) the rest plus life.

4. Day

Day IncGamers Member

Chimaria my idea (and I assume Grumpy Old Wizard's is the same) was to have a 23 point Enchant for nothing allowing a maxed secondry skill (in my case lightning but most people would go Orb) to get a more versatile and slighty different character - you end up with a weaker Enchant as plus skills don't add to the baisc levl 23 enchant (the warmth and Fire synergies still work though). I was also determined to find a charcater who would get good use from those Axes!!

Cheers.
    D

5. Grumpy Old Wizard

Yep, the free level 23 enchant was what I had in mind too. I figured the weaker enchant could still deal with nonfire immunes just fine and wanted to come up with something for fire immunes and still have defensive skills too.

It is good that you had the same idea about demon limb and its working. :lol:

I don't want to use orb because I don't want her to be a "spellcaster." Static, teleport, enchant, energy shield, and shiver armor are pretty much all I want her to cast. Well, telekinesis would be allowed too. Maybe I should disallow static too and make her use crescent moon to cast it on strike.

I have some uniques that could potentially be useful. Hexfire, Glimmershred, Nord's Tenderizer, Frostwind, Lightsabre, and of course Demon Limb. I could also make the passion or kingslayer runeword or cresent moon.

I was thinking of maxing lightning mastery and using lightsabre (fast, ignore target defense, chain lightning and some lightning elemental damage added) as my endgame weapon. Make her sort of a Jedi. :lol: FHR/elemental/life/skillers/mana charms.

So I was thinking something like max warmth, fire mastery, lightning mastery, telekinesis. Whatever I can in shiver armor. One point teleport and cold mastery. Buff energy shield from a memory staff. I have a plus 3 enchant memory staff already, as well as plus 3 enchant leaf staff for earlier levels.

I'm going to try a normal defiance merc because I want the extra defense. I have a reapers toll, duriel's and vamp gaze for him.

Anyways, more comments and suggestions are certainly welcome. As I said, I never played an enchantress before and haven't used ES in 1.10.

GOW

6. Day

Day IncGamers Member

Similar ideas I think - I rejected Orb for the same reason - didn't fit the idea of the character.

I can see with a Defiance merc bumping Shiver Armour should work very well.

From what I can see to get the best out of energy shield you'd need to keep the casting level low and to max Telekinesis and maybe have something with damage goes to mana I thought Naj's light plate might work - also got a plus skill on it? My worry is that elemental attacks just drain the orb instantly and you have no mana for Static or Teleport. I did try it (alebit without enough in TK) found it more of a pain than anything else save for very limited circumstances.

Light sabre to take advantage of Lightning Mastery looks very cool as well (I've never found one but always wanted one!) - the ITD will be useful. I like the Jedi concept and non-cookie cutter approach. I did look at my to hit (I have dex of about - 140 ish at level 63 a couple of charms giving around plus 100 to hit as secondry properties) and had a to hit in the tunnels leading up to the Ancients Plateau of around 83% with the Enchant - I guess the enchant is really good but iTD is still worth having?

I think no Static would make getting to level 63 a real challange (if you play solo - obviously with a group no problem) having it on Crescent Moon also makes for a long wait. i think it would be doable.

The Merc gear your thinking of looks very nice!

7. Grumpy Old Wizard

I have a Naj Plate too but I'm thinking going with damage reduction may be more helpful for the armor since the ES will drop sometimes. I have a Leviathan and a Stormshield which would put me just over the 50% DR cap.

Maybe Nightsmoke for the huge 50% damage goes to mana and some resists? Gorerider boots. Crafted gloves. Shako in the helm slot for life/mans and a bit of magic find.

For jewelry: Carrion Ring-life leech, damage goes to mana; ravenfrost-cannot be frozen; Cresent Moon-dual leech, damage goes to mana.

Soj may possibly be better than Carrion for that slot to boost the mana pool if my leech is good enough. I have lots of mana charms....I'll have to experiment and see what works best.

Well, ITD probably isn't necessary, but I want to give lightsabre a try. :lol: My strength/dex will be high enough to be flexible with weapons.

I'll be going solo. Single player to be precise (on as high a player setting as I can.) I let my ladder characters expire a couple of months ago.

GOW

8. Day

Day IncGamers Member

I'd agree on damage reduction - its so hard to get a decent amount of life on a Sorceress its got to be a good idea. I don't have Stormshield so have to get mine from the Shako and string of Ears.

Killed Baal at players 8 last night - no problem at all. In Hell at level 65.

Going to have to re-think my gear a little my resistances are low and I'm deterined to keep the CB and FHR at 60. Think I'll lose the Dwarf Star and swap it for a magic ring - plus 25 life and plus 15 Resist all. Lose some of my lightining damage charms and juggle to max resistances again. Also the low resitances mean Naj's is out (except to cast enchant).

I have carrion wind and have considered it. I like the big poison resitance and life steal and chance to cast the Twister for the stun. But I think I don't have room.

The Soj will also boost the fire Mastery (think you get it twice when you melee) and Lghtining Mastery which looks good to me. It also adds range to the static and damage to my Thufderstom and some defence on the shiver - plus 1 to skills is just too goood for me to pass up!