Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Demon Crossbow Faith?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Aeonios, May 13, 2005.

1. Aeonios

Aeonios IncGamers Member

Demon Crossbow Faith?

Everyone seems to want to make their faith in a GM, but there's two things which make this fairly undesirable:
    1- it's painfully disgustingly slow. Faith has no built in ias, so you need a lot of outside ias in order to make it not suck, and nobody ever gets enough.
    2-it's zon only. Should you ever feel like using it for something else amusing, you can't.

Demon crossbows, on the other hand, have a base weapon speed of -60, meaning that the base speed will be about -90 once fana is factored in. My question, however, is how fast (fpa) could I get with a demon crossbow faith? I've heard that there are different speed breakpoints for crossbows than for bows (and that they can go faster) but I have yet to find an ias/fpa calc (like any of the calcs on dii.net have any way to navigate to them anyway) nor any documentation on it.

2. superdave

superdave IncGamers Member

3. arbing

arbing IncGamers Member

the reason why people put it in a zon only bow is because of that +3 bow skill within the bow and the damage is higher for the zon only GMB. Also other class will only fire "normal arrows" when using Faith.

4. Leohappy

Leohappy IncGamers Member

X-bows have a limit of 11fpa, so there is no way you can reach better speeds than bows (even if it's a Demon Crossbow...).

If you really want to make a x-bow Faith, Gorgon Crossbow (15ed) is probably the best choice.

5. Krazy_Solo

Krazy_Solo IncGamers Member

Faith demon xbow would be perfect for a WB Druid :D.