Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Demolition expert 1.10

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by heilskov, Mar 30, 2004.

1. heilskov

heilskov IncGamers Member

Demolition expert 1.10

Clear, wait till the smoke seatles down... prep´ing charges...
    ... .......KaaaBooooooom!

wheile playing 1.09, I came to know a necro-mancer that I admired alot.
    Now this guy cool, he had lots of faster casting rate, faster run walk, and mf.
    He would join cow runs and charge towards the cows gathering up a herd. Then presist to get a bloom golem + IM to get first kill, once that happend his lvl 34(I think he said) and a decent amp would take care of things. If this didnt work he would follow behende the faster killers in the group and use Amp+CE. This was back when mfing from cow runs wasnt to bad.

This thread is for those that havnt yet tryed the vast fun that lies hidden the skill otherwise know as Corpse Explosion.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

the build in skill points.

20 CE
    20 amp
    20 BS
    20 bonewall
    1 firegolem
    1 summon res.

things to look for in gear:

FCR-
    belive it or not this is actually somewhat important, as what you wanna do is amp, 1-2 spirits +kills from merc, 1-2 x CE.

Mana pr kill- (Homoculus,lidless,silkweaver,deaths web)
    well your fire golem with its holy fire dmg will attract monsters from afar and get them to group. So when you do use your 1-2 CEs 5-10 monsters will bring back the mana used to get the kills.

mana regen%-
    also of importants, this is for all that which isnt gained back from mana pr kill.
    alterative is manapotions.

+skills -
    what can I say... Untill you´ve tried a lvl 35 CE (14 yards= intire screen) you havnt tried CE at all.

+mf -

eq for mfing?
    -shako ptopazed
    -skullie ptopazed
    -nagel x 2
    -homoculus
    -silkweavers
    -goldwrap
    -chance guards
    - +3 PnB/mf amu
    - HoTo/Blackhand Key/deaths web/

-greed
    -anilius if ur lucky enough to own one of these.

the most important of these items being homoculus/silkweavers, its a cheap mans build because it works pretty well even with lower end items, if your just able to keep up with the mana(hence the homoculus/silkweavers).

-----------------------------------------------------------------

the stratagie aplied in pvm;

a fire golem gets a pack, you amp, you spirit, you CE.

there isnt really anymore to it, and it might not be the fastest killer alive but its great fun. With time you´ll come to love the sound of those poping corpses and the grafics/blood/gore that come with it.

for mf? do shenk+ that dude above him at the frigate highlands, and pindels afterwards.

pvp? bah... ur spirit doesnt do that great damage, some noob with a straight Bone w/ marrowalks will own ur arse. reason ur teeths dmg are laughable and so is your bone spear.

but what the heck right? you made this necro for those times when you dont feel like mfing(with your sorc), and pvping doesnt do it for you anymore.
    You made this necro for the pvm partys and the crunching sound that comes with the poping of a corpse.

enjoy.

2. JoJeck

JoJeck IncGamers Member

Nice ideas here :)

I particularly like the fact that you advocate the use of DeathWeb for a non-poison Necro... I was thinking that very same thing myself. The major problem I could forsee with having a really mana intensive build like this is how to fund the expensive bone spirits and CEs that you rely on continuously. You have found the solution, well done!

This could very well be my next Necro build... thanks :thumbsup:

3. Indemaijinj

Indemaijinj IncGamers Member

The intelligent explodocro so to speak.

4. heilskov

wow I cant belive I got possitive feedback.

this is far from a guild, its just to help people get started with making a good old necro ala 1.09. Cuz those where the days of CE glory.
    Hope you enjoy... btw - a deaths web for a none poison necromancer, is a bit on the pricy side but it does have +4 to the PnB skills nothing else has that, and the Life/mana pr kill on it are really nice too.

and yes the mana pr kill is invalueable.

5. gvandale

gvandale IncGamers Member

heliskov:

Maybe include other items that boost mana? Wizard spike will cover 3 very important parts to this build (1) Faster Cast Rate, (2) Mana, (3) Resists. Glooms Trap Belt increases maximum mana, AND, has +vitality which is always a bonus.

Also merc? A good a5 barb merc will not only tank for you but can actually kill quickly if equipped right. You could probably spend more wealth on his gear (vamp / gf / leviathan) then your own (3 topaz helm / 4 topaz armor / 2x nagels / tancred's ammy + boots / wizardspike / goldwrap / frosties or trangs gloves).

Speaking of which, I reminded myself. A good CHEAP source of MF can be the partial set bonus on Tancre'd Set Amulet and Boots.

Now with the gear I listed, you could have:
    70% FCR (which isn't godly...this I know)
    72 mf on helm
    96 mf on armor
    28 x2 mf on rings (on average)
    78 mf on ammy / boots combo
    30 mf on belt

That's 332 mf without charms. Now you could forego your goldwrap and use either arachnid mesh if you have one, or use the aformentioned Gloom's Trap belt for more life / mana.

You can switch out the nagel's for FCR rings, as 302 mf is still fine, and could stand to drop down to 246 (mf w/o rings / belt).

*edit* you can add a rhyme shield for many things. CANNOT BE FROZEN, 25% MORE MF, AND IF YOU PUT IT INTO A NON-MAGICAL NECRO SHIELD, YOU CAN GET +SKILLS.

Overall this would clear the crap out of cows, or any tightly packed area. The problem with cows, is that the area level (thanks hakai-no-tenshi) has been lowered, so the potential of items has been greatly reduced. The ONE reason I like to run cows is because of the RUNE drop potential. Already on ladder they've dropped VEX / OHM / 2X IST / UM so on for me. This could solo cows easily.

Other areas this may do well:
    1. A4 Chaos Sanctuary. The monsters tend to get crammed in really tight, so CE away.
    2. Tal Rasha's Tombs. These have high area level, and item level drops, so you could easily MF here and get good stuff.
    3. The pits. They come in tiny little packs. Easily explodeable.
    4. Shenk. This big bad butthead loves to drop me goodies, so why not you?

Ok, hope that helped. Maybe revise? Also, add stats. Your str/dex req would be low, so 3/2 vit/nrg split could work if you go with 100% mf gear, and wizzy.

g

*edit* forgot rhyme shield

6. Indemaijinj

Indemaijinj IncGamers Member

He could also MF the dreaded Maggot Lair without too much discomfort.

Spamming CE at the Coldworm the Burrower's room is always a riot.

7. heilskov

gvandale those are some nice suggestions, Had this been a guild I would have gone far more into depth with cheaper gear, sugestion, stats(which I forgot) and have it made more organised.

I might give it a hour or two and do a revised one what would look more like a guild than this thread was (it wasnt ment to be a guild, really in the first place. I just wanted people to remember the joys of CE)

but all where good suggestions.

8. gvandale

ooooh....*drools*

ya know who's turning into my favorite character to mf on? that @ss grizwold!
    he can drop skullder's pretty easily. thanks for the new 200% etheral i just got!

g

9. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

I always MF Griz. Tristram is one of the few places I use to gain exp while in Act I. So a quick trip to Griz and the Countess can give you some really nice runes and equipment.

10. gvandale

OT:
    MM, is the mantis in your avvy humping something?

fluffy g
    :yep:

p.s.
    :drink: if she is!

11. Mad Mantis

No, it has a small locust between it's front limbs and is busy chewing off the head. Why?

12. gvandale

Because female praying mantis's rip the male's heads off after humping which is cool.

:)

13. Baboon

Baboon IncGamers Member

About your guide, looks great but I don't understand the 20 points in Amp. +14 to skills should be enough IMHO. Isn't it better to put it in Bone Prison? More damage and if needed you can prison dangerous species.

Or would it ruin the concept?

14. Mad Mantis

They bite through the neck of their mate with considerable skill, after which they will eat either the whole body or just the head. Imagine if your GF would do that.

15. gvandale

baboon: 20 points in ba is crap. 20 into bone prison would effectively give your lvl 1 armor 95 more life, as synergies give ba +15 per level, whereas bone armor only gives +10 per level.

20 points in amp is way overkill, but if that's his build that's his build. I mean, in cows, that would help, especially with a maxed CE. You could effectively curse and your CE would hurt cow patties that are off your screen.

That is so rad. If my GF did that, I'd be pissed! (well, i'd be pissed while passed the f out and dead.)

fluffy g
    :yep: