Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Delirium

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by goofycaca, Apr 1, 2004.

1. goofycaca

goofycaca IncGamers Member

Delirium

Has anybody used the Delirium runeword helm before? I am interested in giving it a try. It looks like the mods are way too good to worry about the minute chance of being morphed. And frankly, that morph could be pretty damn funny.

2. Roach

Roach IncGamers Member

Until a helm comes along that gives more bonuses then Shako I'll stick to the Condom head look.

Shako
    Life
    Mana
    DR
    MF
    Skills
    Attributes

Delirium
    Chance to cast stuff
    10 Vita
    Skills
    Less MF
    tad bit more defense.

3. goofycaca

goofycaca IncGamers Member

Harlequin's Crest does have some nice life and mana and the damage reduction is pretty decent also. But the rest is really not that exciting. The +2 skills is a non issue because Delirium has the same plus to skills.

But Delirium also has the +10 to vitality, which is a good amount more than all of the other attributes for HC combined so those are not an issue. The gold and MF should be non issues as well, neither are game impacting.

What can impact the game is the defense and the additional magic. 60 charges of level 17 attract can be extremely useful. Being hit is a part of the game and being able to deal some damage back after the hit can make a difference in how the battle progresses so the mind blast, confuse and terror are very useful additions. The Delirium morph can be extremely detrimental but it's lot probability can offset this.

Additionally the defense for the runeword is huge. HC is between 98-144 depending on how it spawns. The bonus for the dilirium runeword is monster. It's even better depending on the helm you place it on. With a corona you would get a MINIMUM defense of 372, and as much as 426. This defense also serves to reduce the chances of being struck.

In the end it's pretty well balanced between the two items. I think the runes would be much more likely to drop than a Harlequin's Crest.

I'm just wondering if anybody has used this runeword and what they thought of it. Mostly because I'm morbid enough to enjoy the idea of turning into a bone fetish that can only attack with a headbutt.

4. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

What I do not like are the chances to cast curses. When I curse, I know what I want to curse and what curse to use. Some helmet overriding my curses just might be the death of me.

5. leihotikan

leihotikan IncGamers Member

Never tried but I heard that giving his helmet to mercenary makes him real beast while morphed. Lets say, might merc, he morphs into a doll, he still keeps his aura active and has more powerful jab attack. I must try it, anyway now I am out of proper runes. Anyway, as Mantis says, using this with necro wouldn't be the best idea. Probably, similiar to situation when you play in party with other stupid stubborn necro-wannabie casting every possible curse while you amped nice pack of monsters...

6. Arcanis Planeswalker

Arcanis Planeswalker IncGamers Member

Does anyone know if the Delirium morph monster thing is any good? I mean, it could be godlike! o_O

7. Kyo

Kyo IncGamers Member

Don't quote me on this but i always thought that once u change in a stygian doll you can't actually do anything nor attack. So it more for show than actual use?

Think this right :scratch:

8. Arcanis Planeswalker

Ugh, no attack/skills.... so it's strictly a drawback?

9. Mad Mantis

Actually you can cast Armageddon and do a Head butt while being a Doll. At least that is what it say on the Arreat Summit. Since it will override my curses, I haven't tried it.

10. Arcanis Planeswalker

It seems worth trying out just because you can transform into a Stygian Doll. ^_^

11. Mad Mantis

I used to have a pet Stygian Doll, but it blew up :(

12. FattyMcGee

FattyMcGee IncGamers Member

I ate mine, then it blew up.

Out my ***.

Even so, the only thing delerium has going for it are:

1. the defense

2. That it can be built in class specific helms (so you can get additional +skills)

So, outside putting it in an exceptional barb or druid helm (which would make it better than shako), I think the pea-bag head covering wins out by a large margin.

--fatty

13. Mad Mantis

At least for Necro's. For Baba's and Dr00ds I just might make one.

14. Starcrunch

Starcrunch IncGamers Member

I actually like Delerium for a summoner... the lvl 17 Attract charges really help out since gear often focuses on + to summoning rather than all leaving AI curses with very short durations (Attract is my favorite curse). Casting of curses is annoying but as a summoner you should never really be hit that often. Don't give this to your merc as it will override your curses very often as he gets hit a lot more than you do. In general shako is better...

-Starcrunch

15. Dazuni

Dazuni IncGamers Member

delirium sound radio active man, if I have it I will give it to my merc, he can be that doll, I am not.

16. Quickmind

Quickmind IncGamers Member

I had a delirium on my paladin a while back, and it greatly improved his survivablilty. Nothing like hitting a monster in a group and causing the rest of them to fight amongst themselves while I clean up. Turning into a doll seemed pretty rare, but it does happen. And yes, you do headbutts when morphed into a doll, and you can't use skills, except for armageddon, and I'm pretty sure auras. I'd say this helm wouldn't be good for a necro just because confuse is cast A LOT, which overrides anything you want to do...except for attract, of course. It works great on a merc, too.

17. Dazuni

Dazuni IncGamers Member

I spy.... lem, ist io

this helm would be great for act 2 mercs, think about how they could cast confuse for you when using jab!!! save you some skill point and potion on the merc innit.

also casting the terror is not a bad thing, think about when merc get hit by arrows, it cast on the enemry just like Bone prison with Leoric. so that would be quite usful.

if he ever turn into a doll, then boohoo, pay some money and a trip to town is a must.

18. Anarchist-DH

Anarchist-DH IncGamers Member

You can socket a Shako. That alone makes it better than Delirium.

It would, however, be very cool to have on a mercenary.

19. Darkwell

Darkwell IncGamers Member

Delirium is a powerful tool when used with under-powered characters. My hydra bowsorc reached matriarch because of it. When she reached Hell, I made a delirium crown and put it on her rogue merc, it allowed both to survive. In act 3, I found another ist and made a delirium diadem for her. At times both would morph and the merc could use her bow and cold arrow spell but my bowsorc could use neither weapon nor spells. For characters using ranged attacks, the hit blinds target +10 is a real bonus. The +10 increased my bowsorcs' chance to blind from 16% to 83% according to the formula on Arreat Summit. I am very impressed with delirium for its ability to stop whole groups of monsters and the 'blinds target' to take care of those out of range of 'confuse'.

20. Mad Mantis

For any other character it might be good, but for a Necro who already has the skills that are built into Delirium, it just is not that good. What I don't need is a pack of Gloams getting cursed with Confuse while they are nicely DV'ed. The resulting exchange of fire is enough to kill me.