Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Delirium helm revisited

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by gblan, Feb 6, 2004.

1. gblan

gblan IncGamers Member

Delirium helm revisited

A while ago I asked about the Delirium helm turning my character into a stygian doll and what the benefit of this was. General concensus was that the 1% chance to turn into a doll is a negative, penalty style bonus built into the helm. NOT SO I've discovered! I was using a javazon then and when turned in to a doll I had javs in my hands. I could do nothing to fight and simply ran away until the effect wore off. I assumed this was a useless mod on the helm and wrote in to ask about it. I've since put the helm on my Pally and he is equipped with a sword (read melee weapon). Not when I turn into the doll I can fight like holy terror. Just like the dolls that tear us up in the game. Man oh man is it fun! Not a penalty at all-a HUGE bonus!!
    Glenn

2. spaker_man

spaker_man IncGamers Member

Hey, thanks for this tip .... I was thinking of putting a delirium onto my new "zealazon" now I'm definitely going to do it!

on a side note .... has anyone else ever heard the term "zealazon" used or do I get to claim it as my new word? I've never heard it used and I'm trying to build a zon using a "Passion" superior scourge. It's getting be fun and she can't even use the scourge yet.

3. GenXCub

GenXCub IncGamers Member

If you don't like the sound of it, you could always go with Zonlet (fka zealot)

4. Zenkat

Zenkat IncGamers Member

Dont forget mercs, since they dont have to worry about changing attack styles and such, as soon as my act2 merc turns into a fetish, he just goes totally nuts. Attacks/Jabs faster in fetish mode than in his normal one, fun to watch too.

5. SinfulSlave

SinfulSlave Banned

I SO need to try these idea's... SO glad I just deleted my zealot. :teeth:
    Doh.
    The merc ones sounds hysterical.

6. gblan

gblan IncGamers Member

OMG Zenkat! I put it on my act 2 merc to see what would happen and was I thrilled with the results. People have NO idea do they? This should be more widely known as THE helm for melee merc. Curses spawn so much it's amazing. When merc turns into stygan doll it's Katie bar the door! Talk about a screen clearing machine! Thanks for the suggestion, the game just got a lot funner for me.

Glenn

7. warlock_666

warlock_666 IncGamers Member

cool i was gunna make a full trang set summoner necro and now i think ima get a nice merc with delirium too :)

Edit: AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH 200 POSTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :winner:

8. squigipapa

squigipapa IncGamers Member

I use a delirium Tiarra on my zon, I love the helm for the confuse curse on it. I mostly do pit runs and when I run into a bunch of LI monsters it used to be a huge pain. Now I just throw a couple of jav's into the crowd, confuse goes off and they end up killing each other. I personally find turning into a doll to be a pain, and usually go back to town and repair etc. however, from your post I see that it's because I'm using jav's, I think I'll keep a spear on switch for a little while to see what happens next time I turn.

9. GenXCub

GenXCub IncGamers Member

Warlock, don't use Delerium for your Summoner's Merc. It has 11% chance to cast Confusion on Striking. If he hits while you have the monsters amp'd or decrep'd, it will erase that curse.

10. gblan

gblan IncGamers Member

Correct here, not the best of choices for a Necro or his merc for the stated reasons. .....but for anyone else. :thumbsup:

GB