Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Delirium & game crashes

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by krovak, Dec 20, 2008.

1. krovak

krovak IncGamers Member

Delirium & game crashes

Hi all, I am experiencing a strange problem. I've got like ~3 game crashes (like this one) in my whole D2 playing experience. Until today. I've seen this crash already five times during last ~2 hours and I am beginning to suspect my merc's newly created "Delirium" - it is the only change I've made in this character's setup and everything was fine before.

Did anybody notice similar problem? I'll now swap the helm for something else and will see if the crashes persist or disappear.

It is not so big issue when running RoF(~20 seconds a run), at least if there's no HR lying on the ground, but I'd hate to see this happen for example when questing, after tediously clearing a long way to the next waypoint etc:(

2. Corrupted

Corrupted IncGamers Member

Re: Delirium & game crashes

I have had issues with it whilst running WSK, never outside though. But I haven't really used delirium elsewhere all that much (Pits maybe?). Naab also reported some issues with Delirium crashes whilst running Baal with his barbarian.

3. Low Key

Low Key IncGamers Member

I've never had this issue with my Delirium and I've used it to play through entire difficulties, but usually on my characters own head. Maybe it's a merc related thing? Or some wierd combination with some other skill/item you have?

4. Flayed One

Flayed One IncGamers Member

It's just a theory, but it might happen when the merc gets transformed into a fetish in the middle of his jab attack. Jab is uninterruptable, and fetishes can't jab, so the game probably doesn't know what to do and crashes as the result.

I didn't experience crashes with Delirum, but I only used it on a sorceress. It was also quite a long time ago so it's possible I simply do not remember, although if it was as bad as you say, I belive I'd remember.

5. krovak

krovak IncGamers Member

Thanks for the replies!

I've replaced the Delirium with a Vampire Gaze and everything seems fine so far.

@Low Key: The merc is wearing an Insight and an upped Duriel's Shell. Hopefully the problem arises only in combination with the Insight, but I doubt it. I don't like the idea of wasting an Ist rune and actually not using the helm.

6. Naab

Naab IncGamers Member

Yep crashed my game on my both baal runners in WW barb and bearsorc.Its really annoying since i really like confuse cause it fastens my runs like 10 sec average:S. It didnt happen as often as yours did though Krovak.Like once in an hour, i guess it matters how much your merc gets hit and transforms to fetish.

7. kanonfutter

kanonfutter IncGamers Member

I have not experienced any problems with my A2 merc wearing delirium and insight. But since he has 13k def, he is not exactly hit a lot.

8. purplelocust

purplelocust IncGamers Member

Is anyone who is having crashes playing on a Mac? I use Delirium a lot on both A5 and A2 mercs and I've never had any problems, but I play on Macs primarily.

Edit: update- I have been playing with a Delirium and getting game crashes on a Mac, regularly enough to be quite an annoyance. So it seems to be a cross-platform bug, unfortunately.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2009
  9. ioupainmax

ioupainmax IncGamers Member

Worth resurrecting this thread as I believe Flayed One is onto something:

On characters using Delirium I have experienced this error:

(Unrecoverable internal error 0019f78c) failed at (1437)

It tends to be most noticeable on classes where there are no other meat shields around to absorb the attacks instead of the merc (e.g. on my Ranged Enchantress or Baal Running Sorceress). My Druid had enough summons that it never occurred when playing that character.

It looks like @zaphodbrx also corroborates this issue here:

https://www.diabloii.net/forums/thr...thing-enchantress-ranger.839517/#post-8425758

Could account for the 'illegal animation' that @GalaXyHaXz identified:
    [TAGS to help people find this: Error 1437, Delirium Bug, Delirium Unrecoverable, Delirium Fatal Exception Error, Delirium Crash, Delirium on Mercenary Crash, Delirium Jab Crash Error]

10. Grape

Grape IncGamers Member

That error rings a bell. I've had more crashes than other chars combined now that I've been doing some Nihlathak running, and yes merc uses Delirium.

I remembered some Baal runners mentioning the issue, so I was quite sure it was indeed Delirium's fault. Delirium is still totally worth it for me, it's still not too frequent. Now I'm only slightly worried that the game will crash the moment I see Zod on the ground! :p

PhineasB and ioupainmax like this.
  11. T72on1

T72on1 IncGamers Member

Using Delirium on my merc for Nihl runs too, but haven't had a single crash.

12. Grape

Grape IncGamers Member

Hmm, interesting.

I need to see if my other characters get crashes down there as well. Only that sometimes I can run an hour without interruption, so the testing would take a while :S Well, at least I'm interested to properly try Javazon there anyway.

13. ioupainmax

The more testing, the better. I also thought that Natures Peace may play a part. I use oak sage. I've only had crashes when using Delirium and Natures Peace.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
  14. T72on1

T72on1 IncGamers Member

Delirium on my merc and myself wearing dual Nature's Peace on my Nihl runs ...

15. PhineasB

PhineasB IncGamers Member

From the other thread:
    Seems to confirm the 1437 error. It was 99er sorc again. Merc wearing Delerium and sorc with Nature's Peace but no sage summoned.

And @Grape, I am certain there was a Zod on the ground each time I've had this crash :p

ioupainmax and Grape like this.
  16. Albatross

Albatross IncGamers Member

I remember reading about a crash when battle orders on a fetished (from delirium) merc would run out.

@T72on1's runs would be too short to have that happen.

17. ioupainmax

@maxicek @Thyiad Please could the 'Bug' prefix be added to this thread title. Thanks

18. RIP

RIP IncGamers Member

Delirium caused me many crashes, doesn't really matter on character...Most crashes i've experienced with my lvl 98 Paladin, while running CS, and it always happened, when fighting Oblivion knights...It might have also something to do with merc transformation, i do agree...

Also, i know it has nothing to do with this cause, but i had to stop using CoS skill on assasin, it caused even more crashes then Delirium...Not sure why, its not just notoriously known situation with Ancients, also many times while fighting monsters, which are reviving others, and always, when there has been mummy sarcofagus, nests etc