Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Delirium build?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by HarvesterOfSorrow, Feb 20, 2004.

1. HarvesterOfSorrow

HarvesterOfSorrow IncGamers Member

Delirium build?

My characters have gotten boring and i have been lucky with MF so now its time to have some fun :) . I want to make a char build around delerium because i have yet to see anyone on ladder actually using it. Before i choose what build (thinking pally) i need to know a few things- I think i understand right that all left click attacks cannot be used in doll form.- Could i use an arua and if not would BO casted before i morphed stay active? - Is there any dammage increase calculation or attack speed chart for doll form? - and finally will r/w charms or the barb skill make me run even faster? or is it set like a necro in trangs set.

Thanks for your time i think this is gonna be fun

Edit: Oh and i forgot- I had just assumed that LL works the same, hopefully im right. And if there arent really known answers to these i guess i could launch up single player and tell you all what i find out.

2. Frenzied Bovine

Frenzied Bovine IncGamers Member

You basically can't do anything but normal attack and a few druid spells (Armageddon Doll, anyone?). Auras stay on though, and I imagine so does Battle Orders and Oak Sage.

My wife has a Delirium helm on her merc. It's so funny when he goes doll mode. More importantly he becomes totally GODLY.

If you wanted to make a Delirium build you'd want to build the kind of character that:

1) relies on passive/aura damage boosters as opposed to an attack skill
    2) deliberately goes without a shield so they get hit MORE often
    3) wields a huge (maybe even 2h) damage weapon

We'd have to know how fast that stygian doll attacks and whether it's based on your wielded weapon's IAS. If it isn't, well, there's some interesting and hilarious possibilities right there for huge, high damage weapons that are normally too slow to consider.

I know the doll gets an insane attack and r/w speed boost.

I think a Paladin fana stygian doll would be a sight to behold. An Assassin might not be a bad choice either, because she gets a shadow who does what she used to do while she's shifted in form. A barb would be funny as well (wielding a "Beast" weapon?).. battle orders + fana = lol.

I think the ideal stupid build would be an all-shadow Assassin wielding a Beast weapon with a CTA on the switch. BO + Fana + Stygian Doll'ness with a Shadow running around dropping traps = lol central. Oh yes, and being an Assasin, you could make the doll transparent!

3. HarvesterOfSorrow

Thx for the info, i also was thinking a fant pally for main aura and then with needing no points in combat skills i could have plenty of 1 pt wonder defensive auras or even get them to decent lvls. *wonders* what about holy shield/blocking? can i even block and if no and the attack speed is set. . . *grins* BOTD warpike. Im gonna do some testing in single player, i have a very good feeling about this :D

4. mastrinidad

mastrinidad IncGamers Member

ive never held a delerium helm SO I have yet to witness to power of the doll.

when you transform into one...how long does it last..and what happens to your lifepoints? Just curious..thanks

5. Mr Evil

Mr Evil IncGamers Member

I've not timed it, but I would estimate that it lasts about two minutes. Life remains the same. In fact everything seems to remain the same except speed and the inability to use skills.

And yes, mercs in doll form do indeed become some sort of invincible killing machines of death. I think a merc is the best place for the helm, as it lacks resistances which are so useful to a human player.

6. Frenzied Bovine

Frenzied Bovine IncGamers Member

7. mastrinidad

mastrinidad IncGamers Member

oh man..sickness...SO my merc would still also retain all his attack/resistance and leech bonuses too....thats so evil!

would be fun to use on my auradin zealot then for sure. thanks a bunch guys!!

8. AFBrat

AFBrat IncGamers Member

Wow, thats interesting, my Pally has been using Delirium for a few weeks, he seems to retain much of his power in Doll form (yes Pally auras work in Doll form). The thing I find most interesting here is mercs can turn to Doll form also. I didn't realize this, people had told me no they can't. That's good to know cause I recently pushed Delirium to my merc in favor of Guillaumes Face for my Pally.

9. HarvesterOfSorrow

Spent like 45 min typing up the char i made and all its stats/skills/dmg/res/fpa/fhr/everything, hit "post" and of course i got an erroe and was too dumb to copy it somewhere. Anyway had pretty good gear (beast legendary mallet) and perfectly calculated ias with the lvl fant after + skils to reach the max fpa of a pally with that wpn. Maxed conc for main aura. I got the res all to about 30 in hell mode w/o doing any anya quests. Problems with build: too low dmg to be viable in 8 person game, im about to try BOTD war pike/thunder maul. Too hard to get delirium to cast when using a shield. Was fun but IMHO just wouldnt be worth the expense of the build (mainly ber for beast). It is still a great merc helm though for any char but necro because of curse over-writing.

10. admiral_ju00

admiral_ju00 IncGamers Member

i finally have my own delirium helm and i know about the whole 1% thing, but everyonce in a while i play on Open B.net and i've seen some people turn into a Doll at will and in Town. ???
    are they using some kind of a hack to do so?

11. Gyro

Gyro IncGamers Member

Quoting from the "Delerium FAQ":

All Skills are restricted, with the exception of:
    - Attack and Unsummon
    - All Druid summoning spells
    - Armageddon
    - Werewolf and Werebear (using these whilst changed will transform you back into your 'normal' form if your in delirium change)

So looks like you can morph out of doll form if you are a druid. I would assume you could also do this by removing the helm?

Taking wps to other acts also "cures" delerium.

12. Cloud_Walker

Cloud_Walker Banned

There is a new magical attribute that does not appear in game called "state"

There are about 500 possible states, most don't work, some are things people have never seen before, Delirium is one of them. What those people on Open B.net do is just throw a "state" on a charm or ring or whatever and switch to make their characters look how they please.

13. admiral_ju00

admiral_ju00 IncGamers Member

thank you, this is the info i was looking for.

14. tl998

tl998 Banned

On the wet site that we're not supposed to link to, I read that if you kill monsters that are under the effect of Confuse caused by Delirium helm, you get no exp for that kill! If that is true then this really blows!